Vista Photo Review: November 2017, 8-Day

the_lovely_voyage

Wow I really want to try the Chef’s Table now, thanks so much for that great review. Oh and I had no idea you could tour the Red Frog Pub, I can’t wait to tell my hubby. We are staying in the Havana so hopefully we won’t have to go to Serenity too much. Great review so far!

Wow thanks for the helpful input! How much is the chefs table? Thanks

No problem! On the Dream and Vista classes, it's $95pp, on the other classes that carry it, it's $75. There's also a 15% or 18% gratuity on top of that. I know that there are currently two menus out in the fleet, and I believe the one that I had is the newer version. I feel like I just read that they're making the new menu go fleet-wide in the next few months.

Wow I really want to try the Chef’s Table now, thanks so much for that great review. Oh and I had no idea you could tour the Red Frog Pub, I can’t wait to tell my hubby. We are staying in the Havana so hopefully we won’t have to go to Serenity too much. Great review so far!

I so highly recommend it! And the Brewery tour was informative, fun, and provided lots of beer! Try to go there on the first day to sign up, as some time slots filled quickly. If you don't see the sign-up on the bar, just ask a friendly bartender!

The Havana deck area will definitely be a lot more private and less full than the Serenity, I bet you won't have any problem finding a seat!

Ooops, forgot to post the Fun Times for the first two days!

The photos should be high-quality JPGs so zoom in to read clearly if needed.

As a reminder, this is all being copied over from my blog. Here's the direct link to these two Fun Times, where they appear on my screen a little larger: http://thelovelyvoyage.blogspot.com/2017/12/carnival-vista-saturday-and-sunday-fun.html

Fun Tip: If you use a PC, click your "Ctrl" button and "+" (plus) button to zoom in, and "Ctrl" and "-" (minus) button to zoom out.

Saturday November 4th, 2017

enhance

enhance

enhance

Sunday, November 5th, 2017

enhance

enhance

enhance

Wow thank you so much for that wonderful compliment!! I hope you have an awesome cruise! So begins the addiction :cool:

I should have clarified, the addiction started 8 years and 4 cruises ago, but after getting pregnant on our last cruise 4 years ago, we took a break and had a couple babies ❤️ this will be our 5th, but first with my kiddos.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I should have clarified, the addiction started 8 years and 4 cruises ago, but after getting pregnant on our last cruise 4 years ago, we took a break and had a couple babies ❤️ this will be our 5th, but first with my kiddos.

Aww very fun! I suppose this starts their love of cruising then!

While sorting through my pictures, I realized that I also have pictures of all of the MDR menus. If anyone is interested, I can post those as well!

Please do

We have late dining but plan to eat at the steakhouse at least once, this will help us plan

Really enjoying the pics and review! We finally have another cruise booked to look forward to. Doing an 8 day Southern Caribbean cruise on the Horizon so I'm interested in the Vista as it will be very similar.

We love love the balcony cabins but due to the price difference, we usually get the category 4J rooms. This time we are splurging on ourselves to celebrate our 30th anniversary,(six months late), and can't wait. Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Congratulations and best wishes on your marriage! Hubby and I will be on the Vista in just over week, can't wait! I was on her in March 2017 with my niece so it will be my second time, and hubby's first. I'm really enjoying all your photos. Thanks for taking the time!

Can you tell me how you determined which cove balcony was not under a lifeboat? I'd like to book one like yours which seemed so much brighter.

If you find a good exterior side shot of the Vista, you can then count how many balconies until you reach the spot with no life boats. Find the Vista deck plan, count back from the first cove balcony and you should be able to find the one without the boat above you. I think about 12-13 back should get you clear of the boats and keep you from being under the galley.

We have chef's table booked on our upcoming cruise. I sure hope they do not do it on elegant night however! Hoping for the new menu as we did it two years ago.

It was kind of a bummer that it was on the first elegant night, but we still dressed up, so that was nice.

I also forgot to mention that since it was on the elegant night (lobster night), we were told that on the last night of the cruise we could say the Chef would let us have lobster since we missed it. They checked that we indeed did Chef's Table that elegant night and voila, we had lobster the last night of the cruise!

Chef's Table looked amazing! I passed last time we were on Carnival and am questioning my decision!

Hopefully there's another cruise in your future and you can reconsider then! It's definitely a hefty price tag but a truly unforgettable experience.

Really enjoying the pics and review! We finally have another cruise booked to look forward to. Doing an 8 day Southern Caribbean cruise on the Horizon so I'm interested in the Vista as it will be very similar.

We love love the balcony cabins but due to the price difference, we usually get the category 4J rooms. This time we are splurging on ourselves to celebrate our 30th anniversary,(six months late), and can't wait. Looking forward to the rest of your review.

So exciting! And HUGE congratulations on your anniversary (and for spoiling yourselves a little bit!). Wishing you a wonderful trip.

We're visiting the Horizon in March 2019 on a Western itinerary, and very much looking forward to seeing the sister ship. Thank you much for following along!

Congratulations and best wishes on your marriage! Hubby and I will be on the Vista in just over week, can't wait! I was on her in March 2017 with my niece so it will be my second time, and hubby's first. I'm really enjoying all your photos. Thanks for taking the time!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I hope your Vista trip is fantastic and your husband enjoys the magic of this beautiful ship. I'll keep plugging along so hopefully you can see some more pictures soon!

Congrats on your wedding and thanks for sharing your cruise with us! [emoji1]

Ahhh Willdra's reading my review! My husband and I LOVE your Vista and Magic reviews so much- your humor and personality are SO much fun to read! Thank you for the kind words and for reading along!

Congratulations on your marriage! Really enjoying your review. Please post the menus!

Following as we are going on this cruise in May. Loving your review so far, the pictures are amazing!

Many thanks to you both for reading the review and for your compliments, so happy to have you here! I will keep at it with the pictures and will be sure to add the menus. Thank you again!