Bringing soda onboard

trumpetfish55

What about liquor? Can you bring any quantity on board?

You can bring as much liquor on board as you want, just be prepared to wave bye bye at the door and just maybe see it again at the end of the cruise to carry it all home.

These repetitive questions always posting a new thread get tiring. I wish Cruise Critic mgmt would do something like have a FAQ section or more dedicated threads to the topics that get posted over and over and over again. It would be far better and more efficient for all concerned. I'd even volunteer to help set it up.

Suggested FAQ posts:

1) Clothing recommendations

2) How much liquid refreshment can I bring on board?

3) How do I bring my own soda/wine/water on board?

3) How does the corkage fee for wine work?

These repetitive questions always posting a new thread get tiring. I wish Cruise Critic mgmt would do something like have a FAQ section or more dedicated threads to the topics that get posted over and over and over again. It would be far better and more efficient for all concerned. I'd even volunteer to help set it up.

Suggested FAQ posts:

1) Clothing recommendations

2) How much liquid refreshment can I bring on board?

3) How do I bring my own soda/wine/water on board?

3) How does the corkage fee for wine work?

LIKE button

Your forgot the "can I get the (before ship docks time) flight home......I get so tired of that one too. I agree, there should be separate boards set up for the most frequently asked questions.

After reading these boards since 2005, I really have learned a great deal from members that have been there and done that. I to am tired about the same questions asked every week, month and year by members that are too lazy to do a little research.

I don't ever mean to stop someone from asking a question, but please, stop asking questions that can be Googled that will give you a link to Cruise Critic, which will answer 99% of the questions.

As long as we are asking questions about bringing sodas onboard, is the amount that I can carry really the limit to the amount of soda I can bring aboard?

I'm thinking that I might get a baggage handler to follow me to the taxi that I had stop at Walmart to pick up the 60 cases of soda that I purchased. Of course, I will "slap" a luggage tag on the stack and give the baggage handler a $5 tip. Do you think I will get delivery to my stateroom prior to disembarkation?

:evilsmile:

After reading these boards since 2005, I really have learned a great deal from members that have been there and done that. I to am tired about the same questions asked every week, month and year by members that are too lazy to do a little research.

I don't ever mean to stop someone from asking a question, but please, stop asking questions that can be Googled that will give you a link to Cruise Critic, which will answer 99% of the questions.

Totally Agree.

But.....I worked retail for EVER, the most frustrating part of my job? Being asked 50 times a shift..where is the wash room,where's the bathroom, can you tell me where the bathroom is, where is the rest room, Yo, men's room, well you get the point. Every person we had to smile and direct them, not point, to the correct place. We were told that just because we are asked the same question 50 times a day, every time that person asked, it was that persons ONLY time they asked.

I have to say, I am surprised that some posters choose to open this thread, read through, and then take time to comment but not to be helpful. I know that I have brought these items in the past, and surely I or anyone else can google as well as search the forum and message boards. However I like to hear from people that have sailed recently. Perhaps others may feel the same and that is why they ask on a current, live message board. If people don`t want to answer, why not move along rather than chastise? Anyway, jmho. On my part I am happy to hear that sodas and water can still be brought onboard as many other cruiselines have changed their policy. Thanks

I have to say, I am surprised that some posters choose to open this thread, read through, and then take time to comment but not to be helpful. I know that I have brought these items in the past, and surely I or anyone else can google as well as search the forum and message boards. However I like to hear from people that have sailed recently. Perhaps others may feel the same and that is why they ask on a current, live message board. If people don`t want to answer, why not move along rather than chastise? Anyway, jmho. On my part I am happy to hear that sodas and water can still be brought onboard as many other cruiselines have changed their policy. Thanks

Very well-said. I often wonder just who is forcing the whiners and complainers to open up and read a thread. Hey folks, just move along. There are thousands of threads on cruise critic for you to read and no one is forcing you to read them all!

These repetitive questions always posting a new thread get tiring. I wish Cruise Critic mgmt would do something like have a FAQ section or more dedicated threads to the topics that get posted over and over and over again.

They continue, because posters reply.

There are folks here who build their post counts by answering "What's a coffee card?" every day.

Please don't take this away from them. This is their life.

Otherwise, rather than posting some rant about repetative topics, when some posts a rerun,

reply with a link to an existing thread and move on.

It depends on how crafty you are. :D

I always manage to take enough for my needs and don't forget that you can leave the ship & reenter with additional loads at distant ports. ;) ;)

on a family cruise my son took a plastic wrapped (as you would buy it in a store) case of bottled "water" aboard. He bought two cases to fool the security. on one case he cut the tops off the plastic bottles. He left the caps & breakaway seal rings intact. Then he put the cut off caps with seals in place in boiling water. The boiling water softened the plastic tops of the bottles so he could remove the caps & seals without breaking them. For the other case he gently removed the bottles from the case without breaking the plastic wrap of the case. He opened the bottles removing the caps & breakaway seals. after pouring the booze in the bottles he used the intact caps & seals that he boiled off the sacrificial bottles to reseal the bottles to "original" condition. The seal rings should stay unbroken when you screw the caps on. They only break when you screw them off. Then he gently replaced the bottles into the case with shrink wrapped plastic. He was smart enough not to tell us about this until after we were in our cabins. He didn't want us looking guilty at the security check point.

on a family cruise my son took a plastic wrapped (as you would buy it in a store) case of bottled "water" aboard. He bought two cases to fool the security. on one case he cut the tops off the plastic bottles. He left the caps & breakaway seal rings intact. Then he put the cut off caps with seals in place in boiling water. The boiling water softened the plastic tops of the bottles so he could remove the caps & seals without breaking them. For the other case he gently removed the bottles from the case without breaking the plastic wrap of the case. He opened the bottles removing the caps & breakaway seals. after pouring the booze in the bottles he used the intact caps & seals that he boiled off the sacrificial bottles to reseal the bottles to "original" condition. The seal rings should stay unbroken when you screw the caps on. They only break when you screw them off. Then he gently replaced the bottles into the case with shrink wrapped plastic. He was smart enough not to tell us about this until after we were in our cabins. He didn't want us looking guilty at the security check point.

That's a good one for boarding on RCCI but the security for Princess in Florida never checks that closely for opened bottles.

Yes, there are repetitive questions on the boards. But, honestly, if the title of the message thread is a repetitive one (e.g. bringing soda on board) and you've heard it all before, why do you even read the thread? Seems to me that would solve the problem of reading repetitive threads, especially if you've been "reading these boards since 2005." Just wondering.

Tom