EZ Air Pricing - Does It Include ALL Fees?

beg3yrs

First time user of EZ Air here and I'm liking what I see so far. Have booked business class tix to return from London in July of 2018. Great prices to the point that it makes more sense to pay $ rather than use air miles. Now I'm doing the daily or almost-daily check to see if there are fare drops so I can rebook.

I'm pretty experienced in booking my own air and use frequent flyer miles quite a bit. I've learned that British Airways is notorious for tacking on a fuel surcharge that's so expensive they should be avoided. That said, I'm also seeing some pretty good routings home using BA at a decent EZ Air price but I'm a bit gun shy here because of BA's fuel surcharges.

Does anyone know if the price quoted by Princess EZ Air includes ALL taxes, fees and surcharges? I wouldn't want to book BA and then get hit with a crazy add-on fee when it's too late to find something else.

Our experience ( including an upcoming flight with British Airways) has been that the EZ air price Includes fees with the exception of early seat selection on some airlines and any applicable luggage fees.

We have booked through EZ air a number of times and been happy.

Great replies folks, thanks!

Wow, early seat selection adding $250, that's a bunch. I'll have to look into BA's policy about that. We have some decent status with One World so we'll see if that helps at BA.

Baggage fees of course, should have mentioned that in the original post but thanks for the reminder.

DW (and me too) really wants to fly a 747 one more time before they go away and BA still has some on the routes we'd take back to the USA. Might even pay a tweenie bit more if it all works out. Otherwise it's AA all the way!

I booked EZAir on Delta and chose seats there was no fee associated.

Delta doesn't charge for selecting seats(so far), but their partner KLM does, but only $25-45 per seat. Some airlines charge up to $75 a seat, so if you have a stopover, then it gets expensive for a RT ticket.

If you have "status" with the airline you are using or as part of an alliance, all of those benefits combine with EZAir. Just provide your frequent flyer # when booking EZAir then pull up the reservation on the airline's website and you should be able to change your seats or do anything that you would have otherwise been able to do if booking directly through the airline.

The OP mentioned British Air (BA) specifically. Unless you are a tremendously frequent flyer with BA, there is a charge for early selection of seats. Doesn't matter whether you are booking direct with BA or via EZAir.

What EZAir gives you is the ability to book the class where you want your seats located.

Some US carriers (United, American, Jet Blue, Delta) allow one to reserve seats as soon as the booking is made. Few European carriers do, without extra charge.

Checked baggage is not included in EZAir pricing and will cost extra, but carry-on bags are included.

Sorry that this is kind of high-jacking the thread. We are using EZ air for the first time to S. America. We've only flown with American using FF miles for years--and aren't charged baggage fees. But no flights were available using miles.

Coming back home we are on United. I tried, bu tcouldn't figure out, if United charges a baggage fee for international flights.

Anyone know?

Sorry that this is kind of high-jacking the thread. We are using EZ air for the first time to S. America. We've only flown with American using FF miles for years--and aren't charged baggage fees. But no flights were available using miles.

Coming back home we are on United. I tried, bu tcouldn't figure out, if United charges a baggage fee for international flights.

Anyone know?

Did you look into baggage allowance and fees on United's website?

Try this: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/travel/Pages/CheckedBaggage.aspx

Air Canada only allows seat selection for ticketed reservations, and since Princess doesn't do that until around 45 days out typically, if you want seats, you need to pay for the flight and ask Princess to ticket the EZ Air reservation, confirming it with AC and then you can go in and reserve a seat. Much more PITA than what folks report for several US airlines that allow seat selection immediately.

I realize I gave up ability to change or cancel flight, but I just booked with AC for a couple dollars less and got my seat selection. Price was on sale and it's not going lower, so why not?

We flew to London on Delta in August through EZAir. Our return flight was on Virgin. We got to choose our seats immediately on the Delta flight. I had to join Virgin's frequent flyer program (free) in order to choose the seats for our return flight three days before the flight. Otherwise I would have had to wait until 24 hours before the flight. It all worked out fine. We ended up in great seats--aisle seats across from each other with no one sitting beside us in either middle seat.

International flights include a free checked bag. There's a baggage link on the EZAir that tells the different airline policies for domestic and international flights.

Thanks everyone, got some great answers here.

While I was mostly concerned by getting hit with a fuel surcharge after committing hard-earned money, it seems that doesn't happen with Ez Air.

I researched the seat selection issue with BA and found that the lowest class tickets are kept from selecting seats at all (you can pay extra for the privilege though). Having some One World status will allow early seat selection. Premium, business and first class seats can be selected effectively right away.

As kiwimum pointed out, there are two free bags for Premium Economy and up. Business and first class passengers are given an extra weight allowance, up to 70 lbs, for those two bags. Really handy if you're doing an extended fire-and-ice kind of trip.

Thanks again! Y'all are great!

BA just recently started charging the seat selection fee like many other airline(within the last year) I booked with EZ air 9 mo. ago on BA I selected my seats no charge. My GF, did not select seats when she booked easy air at the same time I did, she looked for seats a month b4 the AUGUst cruise she got hit with the fee for seat selection. We got a screamin' fare though $587. rt direct from LAX.

I haven't tried to use AA miles in awhile...but about 10 years ago BA used to tack on a fuel surcharge when using miles. But now all airlines when you use miles give lets the user pay far more fees in the past. England has a hefty departure few that is based on the price of your ticket, when typical economy was 1100.RT (LAX direct) prior to the down turn of quid, the fee usually was between 150-200usd per ticket.

I think with EZ air you will most likely not get any additional fees from BA, at least we did not,this past August, our flight time did change though.

We flew on the top deck of the Airbus 380....that is one giant jet.

Edited by land lover

This past May we flew BA from Rome to London. London to home in the US was on a BA plane but we were actually "American Airlines". (codeshare flight). The flight from Rome to London we were able to select seats long in advance. Not so the London to Home. I think because it was a code share flight.

The thing that gets me though is that EZ Air advertises that you don't have to pay extra fees such as seat selection. I forgot the way they word it. When I called them they refused to pay for our seat selection on that last flight :(.

We have had a different experience with Air Canada. Booked business class one way and were able to book seats right away. This was an international flight booked months before payment was due.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Business Class is totally different. No fees to book a seat,etc.