Tours Plaza?

bearnuts

Just returned from 7 nts on NCL Getaway. Having been to Cozumel multiple times, hubby & I looking for to do something different. After some research contacted Eduardo at Tours Plaza and hired driver for the day. Antonio met us at the pier with a bright yellow hat & a smile. We started our day with a tour around the revitalized waterfront area while Antonio talked to us about the history of Cozumel and explained to us the significance of some of the beautiful statues. A quick photo op at the marina, then off to visit San Gervasio, Cozumel's only ruins. We had been to other Mayan sites, so with the help of a map, we were able to do our own tour, but guides are available. From here we moved on to Hacienda Antigua to learn the history of tequila making and the differences in variety. After the tour, we sampled (just a few...NOT!) of the different tastes/varieties of authentic tequila made from agave. Simon was very informative and passionate about his craft. From there, we planned to tour the chocolate factory, but chose instead to continue our drive around the island, stopping for some great photo ops, including the hilltop scenery from the famous Coconuts. Then it was back to the ship. Service was professional and friendly. We loved customizing our day to our wants. We will definitely contact Tours Plaza again when we return to Cozumel.

• 1 month later...

We booked a driver through Tours Plaza earlier this month for our stop off in Cozumel. We received very clear instructions where to meet our driver, including back up information in case the ship docked elsewhere. Pino was was waiting for us on time and it was quick to sort out our itinerary. He made sure we got the best use of our day, took us over to a great beach bar where we had lunch and margaritas overlooking the Caribbean Sea before he took us back to our ship. Highly recommended and we would not hesitate in using them again.

Could someone please send me a link for the Tours Plaza, I can't seem to find them..tried Trip Advisor but no luck so far...must be something I'm doing wrong!!

Thanks in advance!

Carol

Could someone please send me a link for the Tours Plaza, I can't seem to find them..tried Trip Advisor but no luck so far...must be something I'm doing wrong!!

Thanks in advance!

Carol

Thank you C-Leg5!!

We used ToursPlaza in May 2016 because we wanted to plan our own adventure. Because of things we read on Cruise Critic and Trip Advisor, we asked for Aldo. We were VERY happy with our day at Cozumel. ToursPlaza even keeps track of which ships use local time and which use Ship’s Time, so the passenger does not have that worry.

We know our way around the Yucatan Peninsula (on the mainland) fairly well. But we had never gone to the island. Our May cruise on NCL Dawn included the port of Cozumel. We arrived at the designated meeting place near the pier a bit early, so we headed for a nearby coffee shop. Another person heading toward the same coffee shop had a clipboard with our name on it. So meeting with Aldo was really easy. We told him our time frame and that we wanted to see historic sites, scenic byways, visit neighborhoods where locals reside and where North American ex-pats gather – especially areas where both co-exist together. We also wanted a little trip thru business regions. We wanted no time for shopping and we didn’t need to visit the Mayan Ruins nor the eco-park. (We have done this elsewhere.) So when we got to his car, he took out one map, and designed a route that met all of our requirements. And off we went.

He also had maps for people who wanted to bird watch, maps for people who wanted extra time to play on the beach or visit Mayan Ruins. Aldo’s family history in Cozumel goes back for generations. And he really wanted to share the beauty and history of his homeland – but adjusts his plan to meet the needs of the traveler. He also has trips that take people on the ferry to the mainland for the extensive beauty and history of mainland Quintana Roo.

When it was time for lunch, we found ourselves at a beautiful outdoor restaurant on the ocean beach. Everyone knew Aldo. We had him order lunch which was served family style at our table so the owners could show off the best the chef had to offer that day. By all means dine with your driver. This tells the owners and wait staff that you are there to learn about the culture and customs.

We returned to the cruise port at exactly the time we said when we first met in the coffee shop. ToursPlaza is a well-run business that communicates quickly by phone or email. Their drivers appear to all have a plan that is adjusted to meet the needs of the consumer.

• 1 month later...

Gerry was a wonderful knowledgeable drive. He picked us up on time and was very prepared for our day...short city tour ....visit to the chocolate factory...GREAT stop!!! he arranged a free chocolate tasting for use.

THen over to the ruins....not so large but our teens were impressed!

Next stop over to the other side of the island...beautiful!

Had a great lunch stop at Playa Bonita....authentic Mexican food with a great view. Then back to the boat. 4 hours total.

Family of 5 with 2 teens enjoyed listening to Gerry about the culture of Cozumel. I would definitely use them again

• 1 month later...

I would strongly recommend Tour Plaza and Antonio if you plan on visiting Cozumel. Our tour guide Antonio was a pleasure to spend the day with when we stopped in Cozumel on our Disney Cruise. We booked privately and selected Tour Plaza based on their positive online reviews. Although Antonio asked for some ideas of what we wanted to do for the day we left it mostly up to him and were VERY PLEASED. He gave us a wonderful tour and the history of Cozumel. Some of the things we did were a Tequila tasting, a chocolate factory, and a delightful restaurant on the water with a beautiful ride on the northern coast while he pointed out and stopped at many gorgeous places along the way. We ended up requesting more time because we enjoyed ourselves so much.

:):):)

• 3 weeks later...
Im thinking of using them when our ship is in cozumel

Sent from my SM-G928T using Forums mobile app

Just got back from cruise in Cozumel, Tours Plaza was absolutely the easiest and best tour company I have ever used, you will not be sorry! Ask for Aldo he was the BEST Driver ever!! Tell him Carol & Carl said HI and see you soon!

• 2 weeks later...
We were in Cozumel last week and used Tours Plaza. What a great way to see all of Cozumel, learn the local history from a native, and visit several places of interest all without crowds!

Pina was our driver and told us the history of Cozumel and it's government now in an interesting, entertaining way. We stopped at the Chocolate Factory, The Mayan Ruins, a seaside restaurant and gift stand, as well as driving around the entire island and watching the Flag Day ceremony.

We were completely in charge of what we did and how much time to take. It was very relaxing and enjoyable. We had lunch at the restaurant and enjoyed delicious shrimp tacos and fresh guacamole.

Pina answered all our questions and told us about the island, it's economy and the schools.

I look forward to my next visit to Cozumel and will use Tours Plaza again.

Prudence,

I hope you see this message, How are you doing? I was just participating in a thread about what to do in Cozumel in the Royal Caribbean section and I quoted you regarding the Mexican cooking excursion and posted a pic of you from our 2008 Freedom Cruise. I hope you are doing well.

• 5 weeks later...

Tours Plaza is awesome! Used them a couple weeks ago and Victor was awesome. Went to the local flea market, San Gervasio, down the east coast where we saw the most stunning beaches and even a salt water croc then ate at Playa Bonita, fajitas were to die for!

350cbd20a26fba007b98cd42032654a0.jpg99eab06b4a79d6a83dfd1cb7766ae12b.jpge1e5253cdc86158eb430751a65aead0c.jpg2a85065afabcb1cf8b8473548b3bd017.jpg1e65893d7d3a4c93c8fa6d85c1ea1093.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

We recently booked Tours Plaza in Cozumel and would definitely use them again! Antonio was our driver and he was very friendly and informative. We were limited on time but he helped us decide where to go and made sure we were able to see the sights that were most important to us. Highly recommend!

• 1 month later...
We recently booked Tours Plaza in Cozumel and would definitely use them again! Antonio was our driver and he was very friendly and informative. We were limited on time but he helped us decide where to go and made sure we were able to see the sights that were most important to us. Highly recommend!

We have always used Gerry with them and he is excellent as well.

We hired Leo on our recent cruise day and had a very nice time. Leo was very friendly and knowledgable about Mayan culture. We spent five hours with him, visiting the chocolate factory (which also had a very good speaker), San Gervasio ruins, an excellent restaurant on the water (Playa Bonita Restaurante) and some time at Playa Palancar. We were in good hands and would do it again if we had the chance.

I should add that, while Playa Bonita's infrastructure could use some work, the food and views were absolutely outstanding, particularly the shrimp tacos/quesadillas and Margaritas. Note, I'd rate the bar PG-13...

Thanks again Leo and Eduardo for a terrific visit. Don't hesitate to hire these guys to take care of you on your day in Cozumel.

Edited by Opie

• 3 weeks later...

We loved our tour with Benito (Tours Plaza)

Benito was an excellent tour guide. We hired a car for a 3 hour tour in Cozumel. Benito was waiting on us when we got off the ship! The directions were superb to recognize him, and we were off on our adventure! As requested, he took us to the chocolate factory for tasting, and we also went tequila tasting. We even went to where the locals eat and had a light lunch so that we could sample authentic food. Benito had water in the car waiting for us, and he was very patient as we toured each place.

We would definitely use Tours Plaza again, and plan to next year when we revisit, and request Benito!!

Visited January 2017

• 2 weeks later...

Tours Plaza & Sergio...Best Decision Ever!!!

No question that we made the perfect Cozumel 1-day plan possibleby selecting Tours Plaza and then having the tremendous good fortune of havingEduardo assign us to Sergio. Our planhad always been to spend the majority of the day on the tremendous east coastof the beautiful island. I initiallyarranged to rent a car and then remembered that it was my intention to spendmost of the day with a cold beer in my hand and realized that driving myselfcould have ugly consequences. I lookedinto the bar crawl, but since we were fortunate enough to be travelling withour just-turned-15-year-old daughter…that wasn’t an option. Luckily I happened upon Tours Plaza. I sent an E-mail with some questions andEduardo responded immediately and addressed each of my concerns. I told him how our daughter had specialneeds and that we really wanted to have a driver who would respond well andwould give her back the positive energy and affection that just naturally poursout of her. He certainly listened, aswhen we met Sergio at the front of the taxi stand at the pier (in yellow hat aspromised) we could tell that he was exactly what we needed.

Sergio made us all feel very special and listened to exactlywhat we did and didn’t want to do that day. He also gave us a tour of sites and stops that he could tell we wouldappreciate. I told him that my Dad hadbrought me to Cozumel 46 years ago and that the experience was life changingfor me as even at 11 I fell in love with the tropics and the Mexican islandculture. As a result, he took us on theroad less travel by the typical day-trippers and gave my daughter a sense ofthe real Mexico that she had longed to see (and that we had so wanted her tosee). We knew she was smitten with thetour and with Sergio when she relegated her mother and me to the back seat ofthe minivan so that she could ride up front with Sergio. I would love to tell you more about what wesaw and experienced that day, but this review is intended to focus on ToursPlaza.

Having a many-generation Cozumel native take us around wasperfect. Sergio added so much to the daythat we never left him alone and made sure he was with us at every stop, whichturned him from our driver to our true friend. He was so warm and welcoming and genuinely cared that we have the bestday possible. Our 6 hours with him wentby in a flash, and I can assure you that there was sadness and tears when hedropped us off (I think some might have been his too). Do yourself and your family a favor and bookyour priceless day(s) with Tours Plaza and I so strongly suggest that you askfor Sergio…you couldn’t possibly be disappointed. Oh, by the way, it was also a real bargaincompared to the herd-like “excursions” offered by the ships…and you get treatedlike real VIP’s. When you go, pleasetell Eduardo and Sergio that Samantha’s family will be back to see them ASAP!

IMG_2481.jpg.919ba3820b3a27f75f3c4407a8a797ed.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg.b72b81cb323b1f78ad950b59e46d9c65.jpg

423725267_CozumelIguana.jpg.6a282b49ef6309181e0ca4a4490cdd82.jpg

483369396_FullSizeR(2).jpg.24b93425c0173c786a6e4ada24034e9d.jpg

FullSizeR.jpg.1023af9896a5161b8ffa767462181d33.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

We recently used Tours Plaza for the second time. Used them on trips to Cozumel in both 2016 and 2017. Great service both times. Had same driver both times. Antonio (our driver) was terrific! Went to the chocolate factory, tequila factory, and a great place on the East coast of the island (beachfront) for lunch. I recommend them highly!!

• 2 weeks later...