LAFFNVEGAS Live from The Diamond Princess 8 Night Circle island Japan

LAFFNVEGAS

We've wanted to do this trip but haven't had time. We were not sure which itinerary to choose for the best ports. We love the Diamond/Sapphire Princess and club class looks very inviting. We will look for your review.

What percentage of Americans were on board?

Thanks

We've wanted to do this trip but haven't had time. We were not sure which itinerary to choose for the best ports. We love the Diamond/Sapphire Princess and club class looks very inviting. We will look for your review.

What percentage of Americans were on board?

Thanks

This was not a normal cruise for the Diamond for passenger nationality comparison. The cruise prior to ours had over 1200 Japanese the cruise after ours will have over 1600, our cruise was just 400 with the largest group being from Australia then next largest they just broke down to North American being US and Canada. I would say at least 800 of which many were from Hawaii and several from California. I honestly did not pick the cruise for the ports but more for when the travel dates worked into dates I could take vacation. Although we were very pleased with what we chose.

This was not a normal cruise for the Diamond for passenger nationality comparison. The cruise prior to ours had over 1200 Japanese the cruise after ours will have over 1600, our cruise was just 400 with the largest group being from Australia then next largest they just broke down to North American being US and Canada. I would say at least 800 of which many were from Hawaii and several from California. I honestly did not pick the cruise for the ports but more for when the travel dates worked into dates I could take vacation. Although we were very pleased with what we chose.

Thanks for the info.

We actually want to do a cruise tour which limits our choices. The cruise tours have limited capacity. Hopefully in the next two years we will get there.

What was disembarkation like? We are looking at doing something similar where the previous stops are in Japan and wondered if at disembarkation you have to go through immigration & customs again.

I have been buried with work from my two jobs since I got home and the Jet Lag was a killer so I plan to write a final report hopefully yet this weekend.

Disembarkation was quick and painless, really did not do much for customs and immigration since our previous port was Japan. Everything they do in Japan is quick and efficient so disembarkation times you are assigned are right on. Luggage was easy to find and we were out the door to our bus to take us to Narita. Traffic was terrible so the drive took us over 2 and a half hours not the 90 minutes ti 2 hours they thought.

• 1 month later...

Thanks so much for your report and the photos. It looked like a wonderful trip! I'm sure I will refer back to it several times in my planning. We will be doing the 20 day cruise next year and flying into Narita. One quick question, do you remember if the hotel breakfast was included in the Princess package? Thanks, Brenda

Thanks so much for your report and the photos. It looked like a wonderful trip! I'm sure I will refer back to it several times in my planning. We will be doing the 20 day cruise next year and flying into Narita. One quick question, do you remember if the hotel breakfast was included in the Princess package? Thanks, Brenda

Hi Brenda, No unfortunately it was not included, and actually the breakfast we at the hotel for three mornings was actually the most expensive meals we had the whole time in Japan. The Buffet and Cafe were both about $48.00 for two for breakfast, although I will say they were very good especially the buffet. We live in Las Vegas so a breakfast buffet at one of the high end hotels would be that much as well. We took a walk in the area the morning we left for the ship and found most things do not open up till 10 or 11 in the morning which was surprising although about 2 blocks from the hotel was a McDonalds. We had already eaten breakfast but that was one of the few things opened at 10 in the morning. There is a department start that is quite nice not too far and we had hoped to do some last minute shopping there but due to needing to be back at the hotel for the shuttle to Yokohama we did not get to do this.

Hi Brenda, No unfortunately it was not included, and actually the breakfast we at the hotel for three mornings was actually the most expensive meals we had the whole time in Japan. The Buffet and Cafe were both about $48.00 for two for breakfast, although I will say they were very good especially the buffet. We live in Las Vegas so a breakfast buffet at one of the high end hotels would be that much as well. We took a walk in the area the morning we left for the ship and found most things do not open up till 10 or 11 in the morning which was surprising although about 2 blocks from the hotel was a McDonalds. We had already eaten breakfast but that was one of the few things opened at 10 in the morning. There is a department start that is quite nice not too far and we had hoped to do some last minute shopping there but due to needing to be back at the hotel for the shuttle to Yokohama we did not get to do this.

Thanks Lisa, that's all good to know. We are usually early risers so it could be rough if things don't open until 10 or 11. I'll have to buy something to have in the room as $48 for breakfast is a little steep, especially when I don't care that much for breakfast. I might be willing to try it once though just for convenience. Otherwise if I have to wait until 10 or 11 might as well wait for lunch:). Brenda