Queens Grill wine

Balloon Man

Looking forward to our first voyage on Cunard. Seems a bit odd that we have cruised so much but never with our home-grown line (and yes, I know who it is actually owned by).

A couple of questions about the Queens Grill and wine.

Firstly, Cunard appear to suggest you can have any wine from their list in your suite. Is this the full list or a reduced one for room service? And if the latter does anybody have a copy?

Secondly, can you take this wine from your cabin to the restaurant? Is this what everybody in QG does or would it be considered bad form?

Generally the complimentary spirits/wine provided in Queens Grill is from a limited list. You can always try asking for something else but I doubt you could choose from anything on the Wine list. We have asked for Pimms in the past, it's not on the list of available spirits but it's been supplied.

The wine and spirits are for in-cabin consumption.

Enjoy your first Cunard experience.

If you bring a wine into the Grills restaurants you may have to pay a corkage fee. Better to select from the wine list, and enjoy your wine or spirits in the comfort of you suite. I usually have a red and a white at the table and since I am the only drinker at the table there is wine left over. It will be marked with your table number and brought back for the next lunch or dinner for you to continue to enjoy.

Looking forward to our first voyage on Cunard. Seems a bit odd that we have cruised so much but never with our home-grown line (and yes, I know who it is actually owned by).

A couple of questions about the Queens Grill and wine.

Firstly, Cunard appear to suggest you can have any wine from their list in your suite. Is this the full list or a reduced one for room service? And if the latter does anybody have a copy?

Secondly, can you take this wine from your cabin to the restaurant? Is this what everybody in QG does or would it be considered bad form?

Not sure if you asking about wine instead of the free spirits or are you intending to purchase wine. Wine in place of the spirits are limited - but ask your butler.

I have never been charged corkage if I take the "free" Champagne from the Suite into the restaurant. In fact there are occasions when other bottles I have taken into the restaurant have not been charged - depends a bit on the wine waiter and if you have been buying wine during the cruise perhaps.

Because I don't drink spirits, I have in the past requested wine rather than a spirit choice. They usually refill, depending on how quick you drink it, and top up supplies regularly. Once I asked for a Sauvignon Blanc, the Butler brought a South African SB but I told him I really didn't like the South African so he took it back and replaced it with a NZ Marlborough! :D

Because I don't drink spirits, I have in the past requested wine rather than a spirit choice. They usually refill, depending on how quick you drink it, and top up supplies regularly. Once I asked for a Sauvignon Blanc, the Butler brought a South African SB but I told him I really didn't like the South African so he took it back and replaced it with a NZ Marlborough! :D

Salad Muncher: you sound like my wife. Loves SB but only New Zealand, and preferably Marlborough.

I'm a whisky drinker. Will they supply Johnny Walker Black Label as a freebie cabin spirit?

We loved the Queens Grill experience when we sailed the QM2 in 2014.

There were very few things we didn't care for. With that said, if the wine selection offered today is the same as was offered in 2104 we thought it was pretty bad. I know these things are subjective. When we filled out comments we suggested that increasing the value of the wine provided by just a few dollars (or pounds) would allow them to provide wine that would be more appropriate for the Queens Grills Suites IMHO.

Keith

Can someone help me with the following question: I'll be travelling solo for the first time and have requested a table for 8 as opposed to the usual 2 top when DW is with me. Whats the etiquette with respect to wine ordered at table? Is it shared with table mates? sometimes? always? never?

Can someone help me with the following question: I'll be travelling solo for the first time and have requested a table for 8 as opposed to the usual 2 top when DW is with me. Whats the etiquette with respect to wine ordered at table? Is it shared with table mates? sometimes? always? never?
Bit of a problem sharing a bottle between 8 as they only have 6 normal sized glasses in them:D It's quite normal to order just for yourselves.:cool:

If you are in one of the grills restaurants, It is open seating, so passengers may be arriving at different times. Last October we were in the Princess restaurant, and were seated next to what appeared to be the 'singles' table for 8, and the most we ever saw were 5 people at it. We dine at 6.30pm, and there were only one or two people there most evenings, and sometimes it was empty, especially at breakfast and lunch. We had left by 8 or 8.30, so it is possible that some were dining later! Iwould get a bottle of your preferred wine, and keep it for yourself, after all, peoples choice of wines can be different, I don't drink red wine!