Elite status

Lucy Jane

(Cruise Critic is misbehaving - rejecting my post as too short before I even posted anything - so I can't quote the post I'm replying to above, but.....) Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have heard of Bon Voyage Experience - years ago, didn't know they still did it - but never heard that particular "BVE" abbreviation. That is a pretty rare item. Sorry if I offended anyone with my abbreviational ignorance.

(Cruise Critic is misbehaving - rejecting my post as too short before I even posted anything - so I can't quote the post I'm replying to above, but.....) Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have heard of Bon Voyage Experience - years ago, didn't know they still did it - but never heard that particular "BVE" abbreviation. That is a pretty rare item. Sorry if I offended anyone with my abbreviational ignorance.

UpcountryTravelers

If you do not offend someone at sometime you are not a true CC member!!!:D

Reader

It depends on how many Platinum and Elite there are on the cruise. For an Alaska cruise the line will likely be much shorter. For a looooooooooong cruise there will likely be a lot more Elite cruisers.

On our recent Alaska cruise we were second in line on the priority line. Took about two minutes to check in.

Curious as to what time your cruise departs? Your boarding pass may show boarding times but those times are only suggestions. From my experience boarding starts around 12 noon. First to board are wedding parties, in-transit people, (people doing a B2B cruise) & people doing a BVE if it's offored.

Tom😎

Just a comment on the B2B cruisers. As of last season the port people were very confused about where to have them enter the terminal. (Term 2) No one really had an answer. Strange, since they've been doing it for years now. They used to have a separate entrance around the front with a sign but that was gone. :confused:

Hopefully this season they'll have things straightened out. :)

Forgive me if you have read my posts before, but it seems at Ft Lauderdale the port "guides" seem not to be on the same page. We had a BVE and were told to stand in that LOOOOOOOOng line with the others, even though the boarding pass said to be boarded by 11;30. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE knew what they were doing. We just about had to go to the Pope to be able to board. Then, we never found the rest of the 48 people who were supposed to be BVE too. And, we traveled with our kids, we are elite and they were gold, we were not allowed to even sit together, we were pushed, literally, in one direction, them another, we texted each other to make a place to meet once onboard. A lot of people that day were calling the woman directing everyone to seats, the Warden. Sit there, not here, move down,

Forgive me if you have read my posts before, but it seems at Ft Lauderdale the port "guides" seem not to be on the same page. We had a BVE and were told to stand in that LOOOOOOOOng line with the others, even though the boarding pass said to be boarded by 11;30. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE knew what they were doing. We just about had to go to the Pope to be able to board. Then, we never found the rest of the 48 people who were supposed to be BVE too. And, we traveled with our kids, we are elite and they were gold, we were not allowed to even sit together, we were pushed, literally, in one direction, them another, we texted each other to make a place to meet once onboard. A lot of people that day were calling the woman directing everyone to seats, the Warden. Sit there, not here, move down,

Strange thing is that most of them are the same people that have been working in the Princess terminals for many years. :confused:

Head straight to the port and board. On my very first cruise, our family hung out at the Fort Lauderdale airport for hours and hours because the cruise information said we could not check into until a certain time. Rookie mistake. Never did that again.