Crown E733 VS - any issues?

Fa-Li

I just got an email that we have been matched from the Princess waitlist for our Christmas cruise. Had been 5th on list for a Vista Suite and the one that has opened up is E733.

I know this is above Club Fusion, but all I can find in my searches is a few comments on CB same suite, saying that it *may* be a problem.

If anyone has been in this suite and could share feedback, I'd be grateful. I have a day to decide, although unless someone says it was the worst noise ever, I'm probably going to jump at it! :D

It will depend. We were in the Aft Suite on Caribbean Princess this spring that was over Club Fusion for the 12 night BI cruise which is a sister ship to the Crown per se. If you are ones to retire to your cabin early then you may not like it. You can hear the bass from Club Fusion nightly. However all activities were done by 10:00 pm except for two nights that were after 11. If we did return to the cabin early we usually were bundled in blankets (it was cold) and sat on the deck until after the music stopped. (We never actually heard music just the thumping of the bass.) The balcony is huge and wonderful; fully covered and really protected from the elements.

They also had Zumba in the morning at 9:00 am in Club Fusion but we are early risers.

Enjoy the suite life, we surely do.

Thank you! This makes me feel so much better! We will have College DD with us, so I'm sure we'll be up past 11 most nights waiting for her to return from ....lol...probably Club Fusion

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks, Ron. I had read about one side vs the other. Glad to have it confirmed.

As for the toss, I'm one of those who loves to be rocked to sleep on a ship - the more motion the better for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Noise from the club is less in E 733 than it is in E732 as E732 is directly over the band area. It didn't bother us in E733. What did bother us being at the stern, was the pitch and toss of the ship. We wouldn't book a VS again. Just personal choice.

Oh no, that's not good news for us! We got bumped to this suite after calling Princess to inquire about a pretty decent price drop. The lady on the phone told us we could also save a pretty penny if she rebooked our ezair flights and ended up losing us our cabin when she cancelled the original booking (even though she assured me 3 times that our cabin would remain the same). Hubby was not impressed with that screw up...he really won't be pleased to hear about this! We're boarding Coral on Saturday so I think we'll be paying a visit to customer service to see if there's anything they can do to help us! (or should we just go to the future cruise person?)

Keep the suite and go with an open mind. We have been in both E732 and 733 and loved them both. Noise was not an issue nor the motion but only you can decide for yourself.

We love the aft vista suites. You feel like you are on the boat lby yourself. Make sure to take advantage of the perks especially Sabatonis breakfast, MDR room service and laundry.

Please report back after your cruise. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Keep the suite and go with an open mind. We have been in both E732 and 733 and loved them both. Noise was not an issue nor the motion but only you can decide for yourself.

We love the aft vista suites. You feel like you are on the boat lby yourself. Make sure to take advantage of the perks especially Sabatonis breakfast, MDR room service and laundry.

Please report back after your cruise. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Will definitely report back! We love the suite perks and adore aft cabins - you're right, it really does feel like you're all on your own back there. Personally, I find the motion helps me sleep! We will likely have a conversation with the FCC person once we're on board next week and see what they chime in. At any other time of year I wouldn't mind being above the night club but over the holidays I just worry it will be louder and go later than usual. Our backup plan would be to move to a club class mini suite but those are all mid-ship...not the end of the world. At the end of the day, we're still ringing in the new year on a Caribbean cruise - talk about first world problems!

New Years will obviously go later. Our backup plan is an extra glass of wine or two. Combine that with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, add a little rocking and you are off to dreamland for the night.

Grand class aft Vista suite IMHO is the best cabin class on the ship. We have done several with our two kids as they were growing up and it worked great. Cheaper than doing a mini and inside for the four of us and everyone gets the suite life.

Enjoy! Holiday cruising is the best.