Cruise Next and OBC Question

Magicbar

Taking the Breakaway in a couple of weeks and will be purchasing 2 cruise next certs for the first time.

My question is when the $500 is charged to my account and the $250 OBC is added, will this simply reflect as a $250 account balance for me to pay at the end? I will be putting very little if any on my account during the cruise and just wanted to make sure that the $250 does not need to be spent on the cruise and just offsets the certificate purchase.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Taking the Breakaway in a couple of weeks and will be purchasing 2 cruise next certs for the first time.

My question is when the $500 is charged to my account and the $250 OBC is added, will this simply reflect as a $250 account balance for me to pay at the end? I will be putting very little if any on my account during the cruise and just wanted to make sure that the $250 does not need to be spent on the cruise and just offsets the certificate purchase.

You are correct!

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Correct the $500 shows up as a charge and the $250 as a credit for a net charge of $250.

Taking the Breakaway in a couple of weeks and will be purchasing 2 cruise next certs for the first time. My question is when the $500 is charged to my account and the $250 OBC is added, will this simply reflect as a $250 account balance for me to pay at the end? I will be putting very little if any on my account during the cruise and just wanted to make sure that the $250 does not need to be spent on the cruise and just offsets the certificate purchase. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Yes. It just offsets the cost of the purchase. So you will have a $250 balance on your account that will be charged to your credit card on the final morning.

Can OBC be used to purchase CruiseNext certificates? So if I've prepaid my daily service charges and have $200 in OBC, can I purchase two CruiseNext deposits and pay only $50? ($250 credited against the purchases, $200 in OBC)

Only if you purchased the OBC or was given extra OBC by your TA, you cannot use OBC that NCL gave you as a promo/perk (This is true for CAS tier promo obc also), think of it this way, if NCL gave it you you cannot use it. If you used a TA and are unsure what type of OBC you have to call and have them email you an amenity invoice. If it says “Non-refundable” you cannot use it.

If you wait towards the end of the cruise to make your purchase they give better deals on them... I was able to purchase 2 for 500 and received 2 for free... making it a total of 4 certificates for the price of 2... but you do not get the added discount for the purchase... ie money off your onboard ship bill... overall a good deal though...

Can I purchase Cruise Next certificates and use them toward a cruise I already have booked?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I spoke with a rep in the Cruise Next office and they said that “technically” the certificates could only be used for new bookings. Having said that, I haven’t had any problem applying them to existing bookings.

I asked my guy at NCL that books all of my cruises and he said that they can be applied toward an existing cruise. I sure hope that he is correct as I'm going to buy 2 of them on my Escape cruise 4/14. I have a TA booked for 4/29/19 and another cruise booked for February 2020 that I want to use them for.

Can OBC be used to purchase CruiseNext certificates? So if I've prepaid my daily service charges and have $200 in OBC, can I purchase two CruiseNext deposits and pay only $50? ($250 credited against the purchases, $200 in OBC)

Yes, both refundable and non-refundable OBC can be used to pay for Cruise Next Certificates. I use non-refundable OBC all the time to buy them. :cool:

I asked my guy at NCL that books all of my cruises and he said that they can be applied toward an existing cruise. I sure hope that he is correct as I'm going to buy 2 of them on my Escape cruise 4/14. I have a TA booked for 4/29/19 and another cruise booked for February 2020 that I want to use them for.

I just used three for two cruises. My T/A wasn't sure and the first rep at NCL said no. She called back and the second rep said yes. I was able to use two for one cruise since I booked it over six months before using them.

Only if you purchased the OBC or was given extra OBC by your TA, you cannot use OBC that NCL gave you as a promo/perk (This is true for CAS tier promo obc also), think of it this way, if NCL gave it you you cannot use it. If you used a TA and are unsure what type of OBC you have to call and have them email you an amenity invoice. If it says “Non-refundable” you cannot use it.

Not true. DSC is the only thing you cannot use non-refundable OBC for. I have used non-refundable OBC for cruise next certificates.