Balcony across from "Splash Academy" on Getaway

offtopic

Hello everyone, I tried searching for this but could only find info regarding the Splash Academy itself.

I was recently moved from a mini-suite on deck 10 to one on deck 13, however the new location of the room is directly across from the "Splash Academy". After some rudimentary research, I learned that this is the children's and teen center. I am now worried since checking the hours that it is open all day long including a special program open until 1:30 AM. I love children don't get me wrong, but I don't go on vacation to hear loud children crying and teens running up and down the hallway.

Should I try to get a new location or does NCL do a good job at keeping all the noise inside the actual "academy"?

Thanks in advance.

Change that room if you can! We were near Splash Academy on Breakaway and the noise was horrible. We heard all the children waiting to get in whenever it opened. We had kids running up and down the hall all day long. When it closed, we had more noise from kids in the area. This experience is the reason I will never, ever book a guarantee again no matter how much more it costs.

We had a balcony 3 cabins in fron the club corridor on the Breakaway, never heard a thing. The elevator area got crowded at drop off time, we just ran up and down the stairs. We like to be as close to the stairs as possible.

We had that cabin or one close to that on the port side. We had the same worries, but heard not a peep from the young ones. Mostly, we are out of our cabin much of the day and back to shower and change clothes at night before dinner and shows. It’s all good.

PS - we don’t have kids so it is not like we have grown deaf to stomping feet, etc.

Hello everyone, I tried searching for this but could only find info regarding the Splash Academy itself.

I was recently moved from a mini-suite on deck 10 to one on deck 13, however the new location of the room is directly across from the "Splash Academy". After some rudimentary research, I learned that this is the children's and teen center. I am now worried since checking the hours that it is open all day long including a special program open until 1:30 AM. I love children don't get me wrong, but I don't go on vacation to hear loud children crying and teens running up and down the hallway.

Should I try to get a new location or does NCL do a good job at keeping all the noise inside the actual "academy"?

Thanks in advance.

Splash academy is on deck 12 on Getaway... I was in mini suite 12228 last week and never heard a kid besides my own grandkids... granted I was far from the entrance but you can't hear kids through the wall across the hallway and into your cabin!

The Splash Academy occupies two floors but the entrance is on deck twelve. The upper level is accessed inside the kids club. Deck 13 has a fire entrance above the main entrance on deck 12. We had cabin 13180 on Breakaway last June. We had concerns about the kids club but it was not an issue on deck 13. We absolutely loved this location near the forward elevators.

I would avoid deck 12 like the plague unless I was sailing with kids. Deck 13 isn't a problem.

Thank you everyone for the replies, I REALLY appreciate it as I basically picked the floor and room type for our group of 13 and don’t want anyone to have a bad trip based on room location!

Sounds like Splash Academy rooms on deck 12 are hit or miss and can be very loud, but that deck 13 should be fine in terms of no noise.

Edited by offtopic

We got off breakaway on 2 25. . Entrance is deck 12 by elevator. Kids running and laying down waiting to get in. Remember this was Feb break. Disgruntled parents. Acting as bad as some of the kids. Seems not enough room for all of the kids. Teen club is on deck 16 by h2o spice.it might just be a freak thing. I have never seen lines like this. Good luck

Thank you everyone for the replies, I REALLY appreciate it as I basically picked the floor and room type for our group of 13 and don’t want anyone to have a bad trip based on room location!

Sounds like Splash Academy rooms on deck 12 are hit or miss and can be very loud, but that deck 13 should be fine in terms of no noise.

Definitely this!

On deck 12, we heard kids running down the hall to the Splash Academy all the time. You should be fine on deck 13. Enjoy. We were on Getaway twice and truly enjoyed her!