Honeymoon on ccl

Thenewmrsdrc

Hello!

I’m new to cruising and just looking for a little help. My fiancé and I are going on a 7 night cruise to Cozumel Belize Grand Cayman, and mahogany bay on carnival. This is our honeymoon and was wondering if there are any must do’s in these places or on the ship(miracle).

Thanks in advance!

-A:)

Must do - a long walk on the seven mile beach in Grand Cayman. Take a cab out a few miles and walk back at whatever pace you like. You can be together alone on the beach, go to a bar/ restaurant if you want, and shop when you get back to town. You never lose sight of the ship and you don't spend much except for bars/ restaurant/ shopping.

OP, you're asking a very general question. And since no one here knows your interests, anyone who responds will tell you what interests them. There is a "Port if Call" section to these boards. If you search there, you will find many answers to your questions.

In Grand Cayman, the swim with the stingrays is a must do. You'll never forget it. I would go with a private firm though. Their boats are much smaller and the captain gets right in the water with you and shows you how to feed them. Told us the history of how they came about, etc.

While we were there, the Carnival excursion boat came. It was a double decker that had probably 100 people on it. They all just jumped in and were on their own.

We went with Captain Marvin. After the stingrays, they took us to another area for snorkeling. When we got back into the boat, they sprayed us down with warm water to wash away the salt water. I highly recommend Captain Marvin.

We did this exact same schedule for our honeymoon!

Cozumel: Depending on what you want to do a good beach day is Mr. Sanchos. On our honeymoon we hired a private taxi with reservations at thisiscozumel dot com. Then we went to the ruins, the lighthouse, a yummy taco spot, and a grocery store before returning to the ship.

Belize: This was my favorite excursion of any port so far. We did cave kayaking. It was so much better than tubing. We used Maya Guide Adventures. It ended up being a private tour for my husband and I.

Grand Cayman: Both times I've gone to Grand Cayman, I've rented a car and drove around the island. We always end up at a quiet beach to snorkel and relax.

mahogany bay: Hubby went diving with Barefoot Divers Roatan. While I did the Pirate Zip Line with roatan pirates canopy.

Make sure to tell Carnival that you are on your honeymoon- you get a special cake one day.

Congrats!! You will have a wonderful time. My husband and I had our first cruise as our honeymoon and loved every second. I would recommend going to the Love and Marriage show. You definitely don't need to volunteer to be part of the show if that's not your thing, but it's a ton of fun to watch!

In Grand Cayman, the swim with the stingrays is a must do. You'll never forget it. I would go with a private firm though. Their boats are much smaller and the captain gets right in the water with you and shows you how to feed them. Told us the history of how they came about, etc.

While we were there, the Carnival excursion boat came. It was a double decker that had probably 100 people on it. They all just jumped in and were on their own.

We went with Captain Marvin. After the stingrays, they took us to another area for snorkeling. When we got back into the boat, they sprayed us down with warm water to wash away the salt water. I highly recommend Captain Marvin.

Totally agree with this post. I can't remember who we went with, but we booked off ship and were on a catamaran. It was just me, my brother and my father. It was AWESOME. We got there before the cruise ship passengers did, so we got the benefit of seeing all the rays swim up to our boat because they knew breakfast was coming! Definitely do this!

Congrats! Definitely tell Carnival it is your honeymoon. We got a spa gift card, plus a honeymoon cake and song at dinner. It was very cool.

Cozumel - We did the bar hop tour, which was a LOT of fun! They pick you up with a bunch of other people and drive you to the less inhabited side of the island. They take you to four bars right on the water. It was really pretty. In June, we go to Cozumel again and signed up for the Amazing Race excursion. Really looking forward to that!

Belize - We took a private tour with Allen Dawson and Experience Belize Tours. He was incredible! Took us through the city and to the Mayan ruins. It was just us and another couple. Just absolutely wonderful. We had time to visit the port when we returned. If you go, take some cash for souvenirs because they a lot of places don't take cards. https://www.facebook.com/aleahdaw72/

Grand Cayman -- There is so much to do! It's a beautiful island, so you really can't go wrong.

Roatan - We missed this port because it was too rough to dock. Sad day. :(

One more thing, and I don't know if it is an issue anymore, but it was when I took my first cruise.

Make sure if and when you book excursions off ship that you have the timing right. There is a difference between real time and ship time. Our Jamaican tour guide was an hour late because he was on island time and we were on ship time. Just something to remember.

Cozumel - We did the bar hop tour, which was a LOT of fun! They pick you up with a bunch of other people and drive you to the less inhabited side of the island. They take you to four bars right on the water. It was really pretty. In June, we go to Cozumel again and signed up for the Amazing Race excursion. Really looking forward to that!

Bar Hop is fun. Amazing Race wasn't but I got stuck with a married couple and the man couldn't write fast enough or follow directions.