Transfer from Narita to hotel and hotel to Yokohama cruise port for 83 year old

Tebcruiser

Hi,

Are there any options for an 83 year old to get from Narita to Shinjuku and Shinjuku to Yokohama without having to lug her baggage to and from train/bus stations? Taxis are expensive as well as private transfers. Green Tomato isn't an option because for some reason they don't offer transfers on the day of the cruise. Maybe they are sold out? TIA!:):)

Train, bus, taxi, private, you said no to for various reasons. I travel with a disabled person, and I can assure you that taking a train, bus, or taxi, will be what you must do, and it is not the end of the world to have to "lug" some "luggage" around.

Every trip I take, I look at "convenience" and "price". If the train is convenient, than the price would be the best, than train it is. Other than that, the taxi, will be hailed.

Of course, you can also walk, which we have done on some occasions.

Hi,

Are there any options for an 83 year old to get from Narita to Shinjuku and Shinjuku to Yokohama without having to lug her baggage to and from train/bus stations? Taxis are expensive as well as private transfers. Green Tomato isn't an option because for some reason they don't offer transfers on the day of the cruise. Maybe they are sold out? TIA!:):)

Maybe try posting on the roll call for your cruise as there may be someone prepared to share transport and costs.

We will also be looking for transfers from the airport to hotel and hotel to port for our cruise next April. I don’t know if we will find them but we take the view that this is meant be a holiday and not an ordeal.

Good luck.

We were well over seventy when we travelled in Japan. When we were leaving our hotel in Shinjuku to go to Narita, we took a taxi to the station, wheeled our luggaage to the limo bus to Narita then wheeled it to the check in. The taxi driver loaded and unloaded our cases and the bus driver did the same. It was really painless, no steps just a couple of elevators. People in Japan are very helpful. Just be sure that you are not overloaded with luggage and have all your destinations printed in local characters. Trip Advisor is helpful for this.

Keep in mind that there are two airports that service Tokyo. Narita (NRT) is for the vast majority of international flights. Hanida (HND) is primarily domestic, but some international flights do use it. NRT is farther away than HND from both Tokyo central and the cruise port in Yokohama. Both airports have good public transportation, and both will set you back $200-$300 for a taxi to Yokohama OR Tokyo (yikes!)

I've no idea what "Green Tomato" is, but many hotels in Japan do not accept reservations until 6 months out (some only 3 months out). This causes internet searches that come up with "sold out" results. I've had the same issue with a couple transportation options. It wouldn't surprise me if this is your problem with booking Green Tomato. email them and ask.

People don't like to hear it, but our solution to avoid lugging our luggage is simple: We do carry on only. Period. No exceptions in 30+ years - even on trips of one month.

This thread has some great transportation information. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=56692117#post56692117

Edited by jkgourmet