Will we make this flight time?

Mayapple

Our small ship comes in to POM at 7:00 AM. Looking at a flight out of FLL at 11:43. Any thoughts on if this is possible?

Yes, but you need to hustle.

Plan on a good hour to get from POM to FLL. On Friday-Sunday, getting through security can be a nightmare.

Yes, but you need to hustle.

Plan on a good hour to get from POM to FLL. On Friday-Sunday, getting through security can be a nightmare.

I agree, it's possible, but too early for my stress level.

It will be tight but you can do it. Be sure to take your luggage off yourself and have transportation arranged. Our flight was at 11:45AM and we did self assist and we made it in plenty of time. With that being said, I've also been on a cruise where we, as well as another couple, were left without transportation after our arranged shuttle did not pick us up. They had an 11 something flight and almost didn't make it. Anything can happen....but most times it is doable.

For an 11:43 flight you need to be at FLL for check-in and security NLT about 10:15 - and earlier is better, even if you have pre-check. With the ride from POM to FLL taking about an hour, that translates into off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration NLT about 9:00 -- then grab the first taxi in line (about $70+tip), because you do not have time to wait for a shared shuttle.

I prefer not to worry about my flight home while on the cruise, and would book a flight leaving after about 12:30 or 1:00 -- but it is your vacation and your call. Do you feel lucky? :confused:

Keith and I tend to disagree on how much time people need. I wouldn't be stressed at all with this itinerary. I would walk off with my luggage as soon as the ship is released, If there is a snafu with the ship or Customs, and it takes longer than normal to clear, you've still got plenty of time. I would agree that if it's 9:00 before you clear Customs, I'd probably bite the bullet and pay through the nose for a taxi, but I'd bet you're out no later than 8:00. In that case, I'd pick up a shuttle for $15 pp, knowing that I can afford to sit for a while waiting for the shuttle to fill.