New Internet Packages Available

karin037

Wow! NCL prices are expensive. On our MSC cruise we just paid $29.90 total for the unlimited Social package, for 14 days. Works out to $2.13 per day. The same package on NCL would cost $175.00. Hopefully NCL will rethink their pricing.

Actually for15 days it’s $187.50 or $12.50 a day if you purchase online so you can’t even use your onboard credit. And you can’t use the web or do email with this package. I think I’ll get the 250 minutes for $105 but once again have to pay online to get the 15% off so you can’t use your onboard credit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How was the internet on the Epic?

I don’t have free minutes but paid online a couple weeks ago for unlimited at the higher price. I’m just hoping to get a credit or upgraded to the premium .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t have free minutes but paid online a couple weeks ago for unlimited at the higher price. I’m just hoping to get a credit or upgraded to the premium .

Can’t you just call them and cancel it I’ve done that before on something I’ve ordered and then you can just re-order it. Maybe you can even do that online.

The old price on unlimited was higher than the current price for premium, so it's not as good of a deal to get upgraded to premium. I called in and they were able to cancel the old purchase. (I re-purchased online in light of the AmEx offer discussed in another thread. :D )

I’m in line to board ship so maybe too late to cancel! Although this line very long it could be hours before we board

Must not be on the East coast or that is a late departure

Would love to know how the speed is on the epic....we wanted to skype our son back home and also stream some basketball games

The Epic had 3 prices for unlimited

Social Media 14.99 per day (app to app messaging & Social Media Access)

Wi-Fi 29.99 per day (app to app messaging, Social Media Access, check email & general web surfing)

Premium Wi-Fi 34.99 per day (app to app messaging, Social Media Access, check email, general web surfing & video streaming)

I upgraded from my free at sea internet to unlimited wi-fi for an additional $84.97 (7 days) and for the most part worked well.

I was able video message with my daughter. She said on her end I paused only a few times but no delay on my end at all. There were areas of the ship that were better than other areas to connect. I never tried streaming anything and only used it for PM, FB & Emails. I never tried Skype, but if your son and yourself use messenger, you can video in it at the medium priced one.

The lower in the ship, the slower the connection or no connection at all. The i-consierge worked most times for looking up what was on etc. I did have a few times that it just wouldn’t connect. Although I wished it would have had a feature that allowed you to add from “whats on” to a favourites list. And it really should have a refresh. I cannot comment on the texting ability, since i was a solo traveller, I had no one to text with.

People you are on a freaking cruise, unplug already and NO you do not HAVE TO be on line for work...

Some people don’t have a choice and DO have to be online for work.

Some people own their own businesses and need to be in touch.

Some people have rental properties and need to be in touch.

Some people need to claim benefits and need to be in touch.

Some people have family issues- elderly, young, sick, pregnant, and need to be in touch.

Some people WANT to be in touch, to blog, instagram, write, read, etc.

Please don’t color everyone with your crayon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sailing on the Gem on Tuesday 3/6, Does anyone know the difference of the two unlimited plans? What would make one deluxe?

I have the 250 minutes included, do you think I should wait to board to purchase?

Thanks in advance!

No they don't need to be, they WANT to be.

I own multiple businesses many in the tech/IT services field. I have hired good people who can run things for a week without me baby sitting. No one NEEDS to be on line while on vacation, especially not on that stupid anti-social media..

Please do not color everyone with YOUR crayon.

Guess what? Not everyone’s situation is identical to yours. Some people do have to check in with work. Please do not color everyone with YOUR crayon.

I own multiple businesses many in the tech/IT services field. I have hired good people who can run things for a week without me baby sitting. No one NEEDS to be on line while on vacation, especially not on that stupid anti-social media..

Why do you care? Does it affect you or your vacation somehow if someone wants to be connected? You don’t want to be connected, others do. Why let it annoy you?

Edited by Hammergirl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We sailed on the Getaway a few weeks ago and I did the unlimited social media for $14.99 a day. More than I am used to paying with Carnival as theres is a flat $25 for a 7 day but I was leaving my 14 yr old at home with my son and I needed to have some sort of contact. I will more than likely purchase prior to the cruise next year to save a few dollars.

I was very happy to learn about this when we boarded and it was money well spent for my peace of mind

Do I NEED to be in touch -- I guess not. But I like to be able to get hold of family, touch base, and enable them get hold of me if need be.

Everyone has their own situations and I think we need to respect that too.

Good for you that you don't need to be connected on vacation.

I couldn’t find one, but I wonder what the full list of socialmedia approved sites are. Also, do the socialmedia apps work with this or does it only work through a browser. Note, I’ve never used the internet on the ship before, besides NCLs app.

I couldn’t find one, but I wonder what the full list of socialmedia approved sites are. Also, do the socialmedia apps work with this or does it only work through a browser. Note, I’ve never used the internet on the ship before, besides NCLs app.

Here is what the Social Media Wi-fi - Unlimited package says on MyNCL for my upcoming Escape trip. It is listed at $87.50 for pre-purchase for the 7-day cruise:

Unlimited Social Media Wifi – Unlimited use throughout the cruise | Save up to 15% when booking online

Details

The Unlimited Social Media Wifi package gives you access to majority of social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, WeChat, etc.). The package allows you to view, post and upload videos on social media and also chat on all popular messenger platforms. Save up to 15% when you book online.

Need To Know

Price displayed is per day use. Total cruise rate will be calculated based on the number of cruise days. • Can be used only on one device at a time. • This package does not include email access or web browsing.

Here is what the Social Media Wi-fi - Unlimited package says on MyNCL for my upcoming Escape trip. It is listed at $87.50 for pre-purchase for the 7-day cruise:

I saw that, but I wonder what the “etc.” in the list of socialmedia sites include.

I hope someone tries out the new Social Media soon because if I can post to Tapatalk with pictures I'll get that for the Bliss transatlantic. Going to do a live review and I would love to save $150 over what the Unlimited Wi-fi package is.

Can we do one package and share it between 4 phones if only one person is trying to use at a time? Also, is the prices they show really per day or per cruise. I think the "per day" at the bottom is a typo???

Can we do one package and share it between 4 phones if only one person is trying to use at a time? Also, is the prices they show really per day or per cruise. I think the "per day" at the bottom is a typo???

Yes, you can use it on as many devices as you want, but only 1 can be logged in at once. It can be a pain if someone forgets to log out.

No typo..... per day is correct

I hope someone tries out the new Social Media soon because if I can post to Tapatalk with pictures I'll get that for the Bliss transatlantic. Going to do a live review and I would love to save $150 over what the Unlimited Wi-fi package is.

I used it a few weeks ago on the Getaway. I was able to post photos on Facebook with no issue. I didn’t find the connection slow Only issue I had was occasionally it would log out.