Have you ever done the exact same cruise on the exact same ship?

gozagswoohoo

I have cruised Pirates of the Caribbean more than 50 times, even a few B2B when crowds are light. I usually take an aft seat to enjoy the sea foam behind the boat. Of course if you tend to get a bit queasy, maybe something closer to mid ship would be better. The food at the Blue Bayou is as good as any MDR and Club 33 upstairs competes with the Steakhouse. The entertainment is tops. Singing pirates, action scenes, and a fiberglass Johnny Depp! Of course just like most ports you must walk through several shops to get outside. There are some nice shore excursions just steps away. A visit to Tarzan's Tree House or an autonomous jeep tour of The Temple of Doom hosted by Harrison Ford. The cruise always ends in New Orleans Square where the locals are friendly and the restrooms spotlessly clean. The price is strikingly similar to a 3 day porthole cabin on Carnival from Long Beach, but you can do it an afternoon.

Over July 4th back in 2001 and 2002, took my first two cruises on the largest ship afloat at that time. 100,000 tons of fun known as the Destiny, sailing out of San Juan and visiting the Southern Caribbean. That was my third and last time to Aruba, will be back summer of 2019, 17 years later on the Horizon.

Have done the exact same itinerary (Eastern) on the Magic 2 yrs in row, in the same balcony cabin and we are leaving in 23 days on the Magic (Western this time) same balcony cabin (hey, we already know we like that cabin location)!!! :D

I'VE DONE 10 Carnival cruises and been fortunate enough to only repeat a ship ONCE...WE choose for the ports....so we did go on the Freedom 2 years in a row....loved it....ports were ALMOST the same, one port was different....so to answer your question...same ship...same ports? WHY NOT....YOU WILL HAVE JUST AS GREAT TIME AS THE LAST ONE :)

My wife/family and I enjoyed our last cruise so much. I told my wife that I'd love to book the exact same cruise (out of the exact same port, exact same ship, exact same stops) again later this year, and she said I was crazy. hah

When I lived in the Keys, we did the exact same 3 night Majesty of the Seas cruise 9 times. That's because we booked them last minute and only looked at the cruise as a weekend getaway...usually during holiday weekends when the Keys were inundated with tourists. My best deal was $49 pp for an oceanview room.

That said, if you're not booking last second and you're traveling to your cruise, I don't recommend doing the exact same thing. You can never repeat that first experience. I recommend trying something new.

We actually did a b2b on the Valor out of San Juan back in 2014. The itineraries were the same and we loved it. We were able to do something in one port and nothing in the next and then trade it up on the next week. We found it to be a very relaxing way to spend a vacation. Would do it again if they would switch up ships out of San Juan.

This will be our first time doing the exact same cruise on the exact same ship. We did the itinerary a few time but on different ships. In this case, we just love the breeze we didn't really care where it was going.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

We are getting ready me to sail the Breakaway out of NYC for the third time in three years! We’ve also done repeat cruises on the Glory and the Mariner of the Seas. Even my first and second cruise 40 years ago were both Sunward I love you [emoji8], same itinerary. I guess we are creatures of habit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 times to the Mexican Riveria...Same ports (Cabo, Mazatlan and PV, although we have been unlucky and our cruise week has become the non-Mazatlan week. All on the Miracle or Splendor.

I find myself not doing the same things each year. Some times I am trivia-happy. Sometimes Serenity-happy. See all the shows. See none. We do mostly the same things in port. Will do Sea-Day brunch, or not.

Yes, it sounds routine, but we do this as a large extended family. So its the perfect getaway for all generations. We can't do everything on the ship. so we catch it the next time. Or not.

My wife/family and I enjoyed our last cruise so much. I told my wife that I'd love to book the exact same cruise (out of the exact same port, exact same ship, exact same stops) again later this year, and she said I was crazy. hah

For me....*shrug*....I kinda liked the idea? You'd be familiar with the ship, familiar with the stops and what not. I don't know. Have any of you ever done it multiple times and enjoyed it (or NOT enjoyed it?) Thoughts?

We have cruised on the Carnival Pride 5 times, and in the same cabin 3 of those times. This past February would have been the 6th, but we had to cancel. We did the same itinerary all 5 times. We have also cruised on other cruise lines, same ships, a few other times. Sometimes we get off the ship and sometimes we don't. We've been cruising since the 80's, so we like the sea days the most.

We have done that on a different cruise line out of Galveston. On the whole, it was OK. But it was the same entertainment we had seen before, nothing new on the ship to explore... We enjoyed the cruise, of course, but part of the fun is new ship, new ports.

Apart from booking the same ship and room, whenever we’re on a different ship we still try to book the same cabin number because we just weirdly like that feeling of familiarity when we’re on vacation. Always know where the room is no matter which ship we’re on.

Anybody else take it a step further and book the same room over and over?

M11 on the Imagination is our little home away from home. Haha

E153 is our room on the Ecstasy. I've told our PVP that once we retire, if the Ecstasy is still around we will book up that room on every voyage from then on. Of course we're not retiring until 2035 or so, most likely she'll be long gone by then...

If it's available on a voyage we want, we book it. Missed out for May but we'll have it for November.

Charleston is an easy to get to port to us, we know how to get there, when to leave to get there on time, and what to expect once we get there. Every time we book a cruise we look at other lines and ports, but so far every time we've looked it's been cheaper to go out of Charleston vs. pay for flights to another port for either a different ship or different line. The side effect of that is we've done several cruises to Nassau and Freeport. It is what it is, as I said earlier it's the ship for us not necessarily the destination (at least for a 5 day voyage).

E153 is our room on the Ecstasy. I've told our PVP that once we retire, if the Ecstasy is still around we will book up that room on every voyage from then on. Of course we're not retiring until 2035 or so, most likely she'll be long gone by then...

If it's available on a voyage we want, we book it. Missed out for May but we'll have it for November.

Charleston is an easy to get to port to us, we know how to get there, when to leave to get there on time, and what to expect once we get there. Every time we book a cruise we look at other lines and ports, but so far every time we've looked it's been cheaper to go out of Charleston vs. pay for flights to another port for either a different ship or different line. The side effect of that is we've done several cruises to Nassau and Freeport. It is what it is, as I said earlier it's the ship for us not necessarily the destination (at least for a 5 day voyage).

I understand. The Ecstasy was my second cruise, but my first Carnival Cruise, and it caused us to fall in love with cruising. That was way back in either 1999 or 2000. Our first cruise was on a now defunct line, and was cut short by a family emergency causing us to fly home from an island on day 3 of cruise, in 1995, so I always almost consider the Ecstasy as our first cruise. It was a perfect cruise.