Best things to do in Antigua

cjackson12

What is the best thing to do in Antigua just found out we are going there due to our cruise being rerouted next week. Is a resort Day pass the way to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've only been there once. We took a taxi, really cheap , and toured , then beach.

I would skip the tour this time, myself, but they have beautiful beaches! We went to long beach, but there are hundreds more...

The Eco Tour boat trip is fantastic but a little pricey https://adventureantigua.com/the-eco-tour/

We enjoyed this very much.

For beaches these two are short taxi's away from port and get good reviews, take a look at this thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2463395

This time we are renting a car.

Happy planning, Karen

We are going to do a Yacht Race with "On Deck" Tours --- they used to have a place in St. Thomas so I've used them before. It's the kind of thing where two yachts go out and race each other on a course (with real deck hands, of course). Super fun to do. You can be as active as you wish, or sit back and enjoy the salt spray.

I just happened upon their office the last time I was in Antigua because it's right near Nelson's Dockyard and we were wandering around. I said that when I returned I'd go sailing with them again, and that's what we will be doing because our stop has been changed from St. Maarten to Antigua.

• 2 weeks later...
we have done the day pass at jolly beach resort twice and are going back in january. great friendly staff, awesome food and drinks. long huge beach and a refreshing pool, it is 75$ a person but if you can get 10 people it drops to 67.50 ,

Would you mind telling me how you reserve this? I've looked on their website but don't see anything about day passes. I would love to give this a try. Thanks:D

• 1 month later...

We went last January. We hired a taxi to take us to Sting Ray City. We had some time to kill before our reservation, so he took us by a nice beach for a bit on the way. Then it was off to SRC. He then dropped us at Nelsons's Dockyard where we spent some time. We took the city bus back to the port.

• 2 weeks later...
We went last January. We hired a taxi to take us to Sting Ray City. We had some time to kill before our reservation, so he took us by a nice beach for a bit on the way. Then it was off to SRC. He then dropped us at Nelsons's Dockyard where we spent some time. We took the city bus back to the port.

How was Sting ray city?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

- Zipline antiguarainforest.com/

- Reef Riders https://antiguareefriders.com/

-Xtreme circumnav (Adventure Antigua) https://adventureantigua.com/

- Scooter Snorkeling https://scootersnorkeling.com/

- Wadadli Excursions (not sure of the website, but this is a buggy tour )

All the above-mentioned tour are currently the most exciting you will find in Antigua, (not in any order of preference, all depends on what you love)

We are going to do a Yacht Race with "On Deck" Tours --- they used to have a place in St. Thomas so I've used them before. It's the kind of thing where two yachts go out and race each other on a course (with real deck hands, of course). Super fun to do. You can be as active as you wish, or sit back and enjoy the salt spray.

I just happened upon their office the last time I was in Antigua because it's right near Nelson's Dockyard and we were wandering around. I said that when I returned I'd go sailing with them again, and that's what we will be doing because our stop has been changed from St. Maarten to Antigua.

Do you have more info on this? Arriving next week.

Sent from my SM-J700M using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We, too, used OnDeck Antigua for a sailboat charter. You can have up to six onboard, they provide captain and first mate, so if you know nothing about sailing you will be fine. Cost was $450 for a half day charter included transportation to/from the port, snacks/rum punch on board. We dropped anchor in a nice bay on the Caribbean side after a thrilling sail from the ocean for some snorkeling and floating. The captain led us to the area where we'd see turtles and sea urchins, etc. We have been on 15+ cruises and this was hands down the best excursion we have ever taken.

From what I have read, it is a fairly quick taxi ride to The Dockyard. I know that there is a public bus, but it would not be as efficient if we are trying to determine the ability to do both. I have hear that The Dockyard is a pretty special place, but that the beaches are amazing as well!