Connecting rooms Vista?

helene109

• 3 weeks later...
Helene- I found this post from last month... did you ever get a firm answer from Carnival and/or your PVP about the connecting rooms and adjoining balconies?

Yes my pvp said that both will connect as she had to do some research as not all Balcony’s connect as she said coves don’t connect thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is my understanding that rooms that connect through a door in the wall don't connect through the balcony due to where the doors to the balcony need to be. Their balconies connect to the balcony on the other side. So rooms can connect through EITHER a door in the wall or the balconies, but not both.

Most, if not all, cove balconies on the Vista do connect if they are not connecting rooms by door. (That may not be true for all ships.) We are in connecting rooms (by door,) on the Vista. Our balconies would open to the cabins on the other side of us.

I hope that all makes sense!☺️

This page has all connecting balconies listed:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3181/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ4MDY0OTAwNS9zaWQvZlU0QnoxT3o1YU1CcDM2OXlKTTdjeUQ2NjNkR2ZZVUMxeVU0JTdFWm1TRGJUSkk0X2FpSVJEQ1ZtS29zYkcxcjBsa0RhTTVVdGJhalo0WXdlQ2IzV3h4SUhTSnp2QThJWkJNem84VFBPaUt4aGNwcUdtdXRFVWxsSGclMjElMjE=

Edited to add that some ships have balcony cabins that connect to inside cabins. I'm not sure which ships have this, and there are very few of them.

Edited to add that some ships have balcony cabins that connect to inside cabins. I'm not sure which ships have this, and there are very few of them.

Spirit Class has these cabins. All the way forward on a few decks.

I love the goccl info! I have not been on Vista yet, but my experience on other ships has been that connecting rooms do not have connecting balconies. We travel with friends and the goccl site is where I go to see which balconies can be opened to each other. My challenge has also been finding balconies that open to each other and are not connected to some other room.

It is my understanding that rooms that connect through a door in the wall don't connect through the balcony due to where the doors to the balcony need to be. Their balconies connect to the balcony on the other side. So rooms can connect through EITHER a door in the wall or the balconies, but not both.

Most, if not all, cove balconies on the Vista do connect if they are not connecting rooms by door. (That may not be true for all ships.) We are in connecting rooms (by door,) on the Vista. Our balconies would open to the cabins on the other side of us.

I hope that all makes sense![emoji5]

This page has all connecting balconies listed:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3181/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ4MDY0OTAwNS9zaWQvZlU0QnoxT3o1YU1CcDM2OXlKTTdjeUQ2NjNkR2ZZVUMxeVU0JTdFWm1TRGJUSkk0X2FpSVJEQ1ZtS29zYkcxcjBsa0RhTTVVdGJhalo0WXdlQ2IzV3h4SUhTSnp2QThJWkJNem84VFBPaUt4aGNwcUdtdXRFVWxsSGclMjElMjE=

According to the link posted connecting cabins do/can have balconies that open to another.

I check our cabin numbers and it shows ours does!

To everyone else, Helene and I were discussing this on another thread and she was going to confirm with her PVP the info she was given...

I'm glad for you Helene! Enjoy that cabin and report back here so I know how wonderful the cruiseship is before we sail!!!

According to the link posted connecting cabins do/can have balconies that open to another.

I check our cabin numbers and it shows ours does!

I appreciate you correcting me! I don't like giving wrong information, but it's true I did not check every page. It's good to know that they are available!☺️ It does appear best to search or question here as the Carnival employees seem to be notorious for giving incorrect information, and someone here generally will know the correct answer. (Especially as some of us try, but turn out to be wrong!)😊

To everyone else, Helene and I were discussing this on another thread and she was going to confirm with her PVP the info she was given...

I'm glad for you Helene! Enjoy that cabin and report back here so I know how wonderful the cruiseship is before we sail!!!

Thanks I hope my pvp is right just debating if 2 Balconys is worth it but it will be our 25th!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here is the deal.

Just returned from Vista, deck 9 midship balcony

The balcony divider right outside your door cannot be opened. The way the cabins are laid out, there is a divider between your door and the cabin door next to you. The dividers are hinged, they only open, cannot be removed. If the divider just outside your balcony door was opened, it would block both yours and your neighbors balcony doors.

The divider on the opposite end of the balcony can be opened because that balconies door would be on the far end of their balcony.

We had 3 balcony cabins, and could only open the divider between 2 of them.

I hope this makes sense.

Do you have to wait to request that your balcony divider be opened to the cabin next door or is there a way to request it before you board

We asked the Stewart, he said both cabins needed to contact guest services to relay permission to him before he could open them.