chelf's table or wine maker dinner for anniversary

Mard940

we are celebrating our anniversary on the regal and want a memorable dining experience. since my wife like to laugh and enjoy her wine ( or is it the other way ) which dinner choice would be most appropriate. I am leaning toward the chef table due to its implied elegance but not if it is like a "Downton Abbey" experience where a "Carson" is looking down at me because i picked up the wrong spoon. My wife wants the wine maker dinner since it sounds like a less formal experience , and wine is included . any thoughts on cruisers recent experiences on either dinner is appreciated.

Edited by Mard940
chef's table or wine maker dinner for anniversary

We have done both on the Regal. The Wine Makers dinner is at a special table in Symphony DR and the Chef’s dinner is at a very special table in the other Allegro DR. Both had very fine food and wine. Maybe l’d recommend the Chef’s Table a bit more, but loved the Wine Maker’s dinner too (and it’s less expensive). Make sure to book with Matri’d or DR staff the first day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

we are celebrating our anniversary on the regal and want a memorable dining experience. since my wife like to laugh and enjoy her wine ( or is it the other way ) which dinner choice would be most appropriate. I am leaning toward the chef table due to its implied elegance but not if it is like a "Downton Abbey" experience where a "Carson" is looking down at me because i picked up the wrong spoon. My wife wants the wine maker dinner since it sounds like a less formal experience , and wine is included . any thoughts on cruisers recent experiences on either dinner is appreciated.

Both experiences inkcide wine pairings with the meal.

The Chef's Table is a major gastronomic event, starting with kitchen tour and appetizers in there, on to the special table in dining room, etc. It's amazing. And a freaking ton of food. And a lot of wine.

Winemaker's is not quite as much of a production, more casual overall, but wonderful in its own right. Lovely wines, setting, service, and delicious food. And significantly less expensive.

We enjoy both, and have lots of fun and laugh at both. No one is looking down on your or monitoring your silverware usage in judgement or such - both are relaxed, fun experiences.

The problem is - there's no guarantee you'll be picked for either one!! If there's more than 8/10 signed up for either, they draw names, so there's always the very reasonable chance you won't be chosen. Then what?? Or, you get chosen for both, then what??

Consider an alternative in the Ultimate Balcony Dinner, your own private balcony dinner uniformed wait staff, 4 courses, welcome drink, half bottle champagne, photo and flowers to keep. Served any night you choose. Very intimate and romantic way to celebrate, and no waiting or wondering if you'll be picked.

Good luck, hope one of them works out for you!

We have done both on the Regal. The Wine Makers dinner is at a special table in Symphony DR and the Chef’s dinner is at a very special table in the other Allegro DR. Both had very fine food and wine. Maybe l’d recommend the Chef’s Table a bit more, but loved the Wine Maker’s dinner too (and it’s less expensive). Make sure to book with Matri’d or DR staff the first day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did the winemakers twice, the wine service was a pairing service, they only pour a small amount of ea. to compliment the entre. You probably have a choice of what you wabt to drink at the chef`s table, I haven`t done that.

We did the winemakers twice, the wine service was a pairing service, they only pour a small amount of ea. to compliment the entre. You probably have a choice of what you wabt to drink at the chef`s table, I haven`t done that.

When we did winemakers, there wasn't a problem re-filling a glass. That said, I don't think I was looking for a re-fill until the main steak course. I don't recall exactly the other courses, but I don't recall a strict cap. Not to say you can nosh a bottle or anything. I'd pick WM since CT is very expensive on Regal/Royal and I can live without the kitchen visit and such. I'd try CT on a ship with no WM and it is less cost as well.

The Chef’s Dinner is around US$100 (maybe $95). The Wine Maker’s dinner is US$60. (From memory).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As I understand it, CT @ $95 is for ships other than Regal/Royal/Majestic(no doubt as well). On those, it is $115. Not as much of a price difference as I seem to recall when Royal/Regal were new.

WM was $40 I believe two years ago. I am not sure of current price now that I try to recall, but unchanged I think. That is only on Royal Class - pity. I am surprised if it isn't more since Crown Grill is now $29. For $11 more, it includes wine and elevated food (same steak cut if have that) and presentation and setting. A bargain IMO. I'd do it at a higher price.

Edited by steelers36

There is no guaranty you will be selected for either. On our last cruise the first thing I did after boarding, based on CC members recommendations, was to call to get our name on the list for Chef's Table. We were selected for the evening and it was a wonderful experience. The wines were paired very nicely with the courses and the group was entertaining and enjoyable. Again, don't wait to get on the list for either event. Good luck and congratulations on your anniversary. :)

There is no guaranty you will be selected for either. On our last cruise the first thing I did after boarding, based on CC members recommendations, was to call to get our name on the list for Chef's Table. We were selected for the evening and it was a wonderful experience. The wines were paired very nicely with the courses and the group was entertaining and enjoyable. Again, don't wait to get on the list for either event. Good luck and congratulations on your anniversary. :)

When we did it, the CT was full. Our roll call had already gotten "promises" from enough members to fill a CT ourselves. The organizer approached the Maitré D' and he arranged a second CT just for us. It was amazing!!!