Interesting update on upcoming royal sailings!!!

PoohUnderstands

First big assumption is that the Princess rep. I just spoke to knows her stuff I just learned the following:

If you have a Royal Princess booking already up to and including April-May, 2018, Princess is in the process of giving everyone a $50pp OBC (or $100 per cabin credit) for their cruise. I was told that they have processed this (must be done by individual booking!!!!) about through the 12/24 sailing and should be done by the end of the first week of January. If you do not see the extra OBC on your Personalizer by the beginning of the second week of January, she told me to call Princess. This is the base amount of OBC and it will not go down and "may" even go up with some other amenity, but nothing else confirmed yet but the $50pp OBC.

Also the "better" internet reception, like on the Regal, WILL be available on my March, 2018 sailing and others too she said. So here we have a conflict of information, but I will believe her as it is nicer! Grin. Also, if you are platinum level, you will have internet free for the entire 10 day cruise which is nice at whatever speed it will be.

Then she ended by telling me that "supposedly" they hope to have ***** up and running on the Royal by June 1, 2018, and that is why I did NOT get "the" email for my 10/2018 Royal cruise. Again, who knows. I see people with July, 2018 cruises who DID get the email!!

So the only thing definite, so to speak, is that we are getting $50 OBC. Will see what we all have to say around January 9th or so!!

So that's it folks. I see that people much closer to sailing (having already paid final) may be getting $100pp, I will take my $50pp and be a happy camper.

Pooh

I sure hope you got the straight scoop. I'm not affected but have been disappointed that Princess hasn't stepped up to acknowledge that has made many Royal cruisers unhappy. Much better for them to offer up the OBC to all than to have each passenger call and beg for it!

I'm confused. This is the 1st I am hearing about this.

Dh and I are both Elite and are booked on a 10-nighter on the Royal, coming up soon on 12/20/17. We have not gotten any additional OBC.

Is this something I am supposed to call and ask for? And, what exactly is it for? (So that if I do call, I don't sound like a crazy person!)

And, what is this about the free internet?

Dh and I are both Elite and are booked on a 10-nighter on the Royal, coming up soon on 12/20/17. We have not gotten any additional OBC.

Is this something I am supposed to call and ask for? And, what exactly is it for? (So that if I do call, I don't sound like a crazy person!)

With the ***** mess on the Regal they are giving out free entire cruise internet usage to elite and platinum level cruisers. I asked about this for Royal cruises and I was told that internet usage will be the same, i.e., free for the entire cruise for elite and platinum cruisers. But this was connected to the ***** cruises on the Royal which were supposed to start around January 18, 2018. The same for the OBC was for advertising certain cruises as being ***** and now not going to be.

Since your cruise is before ***** was even to begin on the Royal, I believe all this information does not apply to your cruise as it was never advertised as an ***** cruise was it? Sorry.

Pooh

Don't want to be a killjoy, but checked with my very excellent TA and he spoke to his Princess contact who claimed to know nothing about this. But you never can tell with Princess!

I know right?! However, my representative did say they just got the email about the $50 OBC that morning. So who knows!!!! I just know what information she volunteered very readily to me.

Pooh

Was this voyage ever classified as an Ocean Medallion voyage? I don't think the Royal was ever scheduled to be ***** this year. The only one was the Regal and that was to be followed by the Caribbean Princess. If this is the case, why would you expect an additional OBC?

I too was confused. The OP indicated this applied to Royal bookings up to and including April-May and had been processed through the 12/24 sailing. There was nothing that stated it only applied to cruises marketed as *****. At least that's how I read it. I've not been following the ***** fiasco, in fact I'm not sure I want it, but we are booked on the Royal 1/9 so I was interested in this posting. Don't expect any extra OBC if it doesn't apply to my circumstances, but the information provided could lead one to think we were going to get some. I can certainly understand Metairiegal's questions.

We are booked on the jan 19 sailing for 4 cruises. Jan 19 was to be the first ***** cruise. I called yesterday and spoke with a lovely agent named Irma who worked with me and a supervisor and got a $100 per person per cruise good will on board credit. So give them a call.

With the ***** mess on the Regal they are giving out free entire cruise internet usage to elite and platinum level cruisers. I asked about this for Royal cruises and I was told that internet usage will be the same, i.e., free for the entire cruise for elite and platinum cruisers. But this was connected to the ***** cruises on the Royal which were supposed to start around January 18, 2018. The same for the OBC was for advertising certain cruises as being ***** and now not going to be.

Since your cruise is before ***** was even to begin on the Royal, I believe all this information does not apply to your cruise as it was never advertised as an ***** cruise was it? Sorry.

Pooh

Oh ok.

Was this voyage ever classified as an Ocean Medallion voyage? I don't think the Royal was ever scheduled to be ***** this year. The only one was the Regal and that was to be followed by the Caribbean Princess. If this is the case, why would you expect an additional OBC?

Kinda harsh, huh?

I do not EXPECT an additional OBC.

I stated I was confused because I had not hear that before. I really haven't even been following anything about Regal/Royal Ocean Medallion voyages. But, the thread title about Royal cruises caught my attention.

As the OP has come back to explain nicely to me, this was not for my Royal cruise.

I too was confused. The OP indicated this applied to Royal bookings up to and including April-May and had been processed through the 12/24 sailing. There was nothing that stated it only applied to cruises marketed as *****. At least that's how I read it. I've not been following the ***** fiasco, in fact I'm not sure I want it, but we are booked on the Royal 1/9 so I was interested in this posting. Don't expect any extra OBC if it doesn't apply to my circumstances, but the information provided could lead one to think we were going to get some. I can certainly understand Metairiegal's questions.

Yes, that explains my confusion exactly. Very nice post. :)

Ok, I would like to apologize to one and all. I made a BIG assumption when I wrote this post in that I didn't think that everyone wouldn't know (and really why should they!!!! Sorry) that ***** didn't start(supposedly) on the Royal until 01/19/2018. Should have started out with that fact!

Pooh

***** was to commence around 1/18/18 +/-. Though I'm not so sure all are EXPECTING an OBC, the cruises will be different than what had been for promoted for months. Royal was to get the ***** next after the Regal.

Ok, I would like to apologize to one and all. I made a BIG assumption when I wrote this post in that I didn't think that everyone wouldn't know (and really why should they!!!! Sorry) that ***** didn't start(supposedly) on the Royal until 01/19/2018. Should have started out with that fact!

Pooh

Pooh, thank you for clarifying. However, there is someone else here who really needs to apologize. I'll never understand why some people feel like it's okay to be rude/snarky on these boards. By the way, I love your picture. We used to cruise a lot Thanksgiving week and we've done Christmas twice. Love seeing the Caribbean decorated for Christmas. Enjoy your upcoming cruises.

Ok, now I KNOW for sure that Princess reads our threads, but how did they know it was me?

Just got a call from a gentleman in corporate as he wanted to correct the mis-information that I was given when I wrote this thread (and the rep. who gave me the information is being updated to the correct information.) First of all there is no blanket $50 pp OBC being given out. It is on a one by one personal contact basis.

Also the free entire cruise internet for Elite and Platinum was just for the first couple cruises on the Regal as they were short ones and it was part of their apology for Regal ***** not being up and running. Also, the really cool high speed internet of the Regal( and it is running at a "better" higher speed than even they were expecting) will probably NOT be up and running for my March cruise on the Royal.

So basically the entire conversation given to me by this first representative was completely in error!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So guys, there you have it. Oh, as an apology from Princess for the incorrect information, I received immediately $100pp OBC for my March cruise. I know things can get a little frustrating with Princess sometimes, but I do believe that they do try more than other companies and they are trying to keep up with things.

Pooh

And another interesting aside. While I was on the phone with the corporate rep. I received an email....... "the email" stating that my October, 2018, cruise will not be an ***** one either. There it is official. Another disappointment. Sigh.

Pooh

Thanks to Cruise Critic I too got a $200 room credit for my January 19th sailing on Royal. My travel agent called, was on hold for quite some time but she got me the credit. Thanks again Cruise Critic

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app