Disembarkation Advice please - Intercruise/Cruise Connect

Jennie Lowe

Good afternoon all,

Travelling soon from Cumbria to Southampton by coach with Intercruise/Cruise Connect. I didnt book via the Cunard Website but booked independently . My question is that the return coach leaves at 9 am from Southampton, would I be better off doing Self Disembarkation from the QM2 even though this would be difficult with 2 suitcases and hand luggage (i;m away for 26 days)..

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Kindest regards

Jennie

On our last arrival in Southampton, the disembarkation time for the Cruise Connect transfer was 8.45 am. I wouldn't worry too much, Cunard are used to coordinating transfers. Make sure that they know you need to be in that group.8b1c4027792a75aa8f88d410ada3cf68.jpg

We only ever use Cruise Connect, either via Cunard themselves or by booking with them privately, never had a problem and we can't praise them and their drivers enough. My advice to you is NOT to go for self disembark, but to ensure that you have the appropriate labels on your luggage for the Cruise Connect coach - any problems or doubts go via the pursers desk team.

When you disembark via the labelling system, you are directed from setting foot on the ground until you board the coach, by the Cruise Connect team.

Every cruise that we take is via Cruise Connect from Lancashire to Southampton and return. Everything will go okay.

David

We only ever use Cruise Connect, either via Cunard themselves or by booking with them privately, never had a problem and we can't praise them and their drivers enough. My advice to you is NOT to go for self disembark, but to ensure that you have the appropriate labels on your luggage for the Cruise Connect coach - any problems or doubts go via the pursers desk team.

When you disembark via the labelling system, you are directed from setting foot on the ground until you board the coach, by the Cruise Connect team.

Every cruise that we take is via Cruise Connect from Lancashire to Southampton and return. Everything will go okay.

David

Hello David,

Thankyou for the information. This is the first time I have travelled to Southampton via coach all other times have always been by car. Cruise Connect have not provided me any Labels would I get these from the Purser Desk when I let them know my requirements?. Its going to be a long journey down I live in Penrith but will have to travel to Carlisle to collect the coach, I assume we will have a few stops.

Kindest regards

Jennie

Yes, the purser's desk will provide you with as many labels as you want for labelling your luggage for the return journey.

A lot of the coaches actually start their journey in Glasgow would you believe so your location is not that unusual. As for stops they usually have three or four pick-up points on the way and sometimes they'll advise of a toilet break at one or more of these, but late morning/lunchtime, they will have a formal stop of say one hour, to comply with the driver's driving regulations.

The coaches are very comfortable, there are toilets on board, some even have coffee/tea making but not so many these days ( Health & Safety), DO NOT worry about the coach either way, you're in good hands, they're the experts at getting you to and from your ship and by the way, no Cunard ship ever leaves the dock until the Cruise Connect coaches have all arrived (not the case however if you're making your own way by car).

Enjoy the coach trip "down Sarf" and more importantly - ENJOY YOUR CRUISE......

David

• 6 months later...

Upon disembarkation you must collect your luggage from the luggage hall, there are trolleys and porters to help if required. On exiting the building there are plentiful staff to direct you to your coach. It is a very well organised you should have no problem.

Good afternoon all,

Travelling soon from Cumbria to Southampton by coach with Intercruise/Cruise Connect. I didnt book via the Cunard Website but booked independently . My question is that the return coach leaves at 9 am from Southampton, would I be better off doing Self Disembarkation from the QM2 even though this would be difficult with 2 suitcases and hand luggage (i;m away for 26 days)..

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Kindest regards

Jennie

You will have no problems what so ever, you will be given new luggage labels a couple of days before you get off ship, they have a coloured tag which you keep, you also get notified what time that tag are allowed to leave ship, passengers on coaches are one of the first off, when you have collected your luggage make your way out, you will see plenty of staff willing to help and point you to your coach, the driver will ask for your name, take your cases from you, get on the coach and relax. Have great time, I am sure you will enjoy your Cunard experience.👌

Hi

The cruise connect service is great. One point though worth a mention is that you will not get a call to disembark. You just get off when you need to in time catch your coach.

I have had a couple of times where we have waited over an hour for passengers to board the coach. Their reason was that they were waiting on board for a call to disembark for the coach. Rather annoying:evilsmile:

Julie