2017 Brides!

BimTheDuck

Hi everyone! Big question: we've just decided to get married (yay!) on a Carnival cruise later next year - possibly around September or later. How early did you start planning your weddings? Am I already behind? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Booked my wedding in December of 2015 and wont be getting married until July 2017. So I think it all depends on the person. My fiance has chosen his tux and I will go dress shopping in April. I started designing my website and save the dates right away. I even booked a designer to paint a guestbook map for me and glad I'm did bc she cant start on it until this summer. I think the planning process depends on the person. I love planning so this is fun for me. I dont think that you are behind at all. The best part of having a wedding on a Carnival ship is that a lot of the big details are already taken care of for you if you so choose. This board is a great resource as well. Good luck and happy planning!

how far in advance does everyone plan on trying to view a wedding day setup on the ship they are planning on using?

I just learned last week that this was even an option. I too am curious to see when the other brides are completing this step if at all. I'm assuming the ship/wedding visit would need to be at least 3 months before your own wedding so there would still be enough time to inform the Carnival/The Wedding Experience of any changes you would like to make.

Do you know if Carnival charges for this service?

2017 is booking up fast. I had previously posted that we were going to get married on July 9,2017 on the Vista, but guess that was not the plan. I called and they are already booked up for this date, the next they had available was July 23, 2017...so July 23rd it is. We are booked, wedding ceremony/reception paid for...now the waiting begins. My daughter and I went to "look" at dresses this weekend and that truly all we could do, the bridal store was PACKED. They said that December/January would be a good time to start looking for a dress...uugh (I will be very white and pasty this time of year)...so I guess I will wait, would love to drop a few pounds before then anyway.

So...word form the wise, DON'T wait to book!:)

The Vista is sooo pretty! I have to admit I'm a little jelly of all you Vista brides;)

So TOTAL change of plans.. The Vista was booked :( but we decided it was too long of a cruise for some our guest anyways. So we went with the VALOR, May 11th, 2017 leaving out of Port Canaveral. We did a tour on Saturday and fell in love with the cruise wedding!!

2017 is booking up fast. I had previously posted that we were going to get married on July 9,2017 on the Vista, but guess that was not the plan. I called and they are already booked up for this date, the next they had available was July 23, 2017...so July 23rd it is. We are booked, wedding ceremony/reception paid for...now the waiting begins. My daughter and I went to "look" at dresses this weekend and that truly all we could do, the bridal store was PACKED. They said that December/January would be a good time to start looking for a dress...uugh (I will be very white and pasty this time of year)...so I guess I will wait, would love to drop a few pounds before then anyway.

So...word form the wise, DON'T wait to book!:)

I had the same issue with the vista but instead we went with the Valor on a shorter cruise so more guest can join.

I just learned last week that this was even an option. I too am curious to see when the other brides are completing this step if at all. I'm assuming the ship/wedding visit would need to be at least 3 months before your own wedding so there would still be enough time to inform the Carnival/The Wedding Experience of any changes you would like to make.

Do you know if Carnival charges for this service?

We just did a tour on Saturday. It's a free service for up too two tours. However we are over a year out for our wedding cruise. We did the tour to make sure this is what we wanted. It was a blast! We even got to see a wedding. I highly recommend doing a tour.

I'm getting married on the Carnival Vista on May 6, 2017! I'm so excited!:)

Woo!! We're going to have a changing-of-the-brides - I'll be getting married on on the the Vista when your cruise returns on the 14th! :D

Woo!! We're going to have a changing-of-the-brides - I'll be getting married on on the the Vista when your cruise returns on the 14th! :D

I'm so excited! But also SO nervous. I literally just booked two days ago so I haven't gotten my welcome pack yet and I keep stressing about menus and locations and the schedule and everything!

I'm so excited! But also SO nervous. I literally just booked two days ago so I haven't gotten my welcome pack yet and I keep stressing about menus and locations and the schedule and everything!

We have SO much time, though! You'll need to send in your signed contract within 30 days, I believe, and if you want the DJ or videographer you should book those ASAP. Otherwise, most documents won't be due for about a year!

We are officially booked for a Baltimore port wedding aboard the Carnival Pride on July 2, 2017! My fiancé and I got engaged in Bermuda while on the Grandeur of the Seas this past summer and loved Bermuda. Our original plan was to go back to Bermuda to get married on the beach but have decided to have a port wedding due to non-sailing guest issues instead. I am planning on hiring a professional photographer in Bermuda to do a beach shoot in our wedding attire when we get to the island. So far we have 25 staterooms booked and close to the limit of 50 non-sailing guests. So excited!!!

We are officially booked for a Baltimore port wedding aboard the Carnival Pride on July 2, 2017! My fiancé and I got engaged in Bermuda while on the Grandeur of the Seas this past summer and loved Bermuda. Our original plan was to go back to Bermuda to get married on the beach but have decided to have a port wedding due to non-sailing guest issues instead. I am planning on hiring a professional photographer in Bermuda to do a beach shoot in our wedding attire when we get to the island. So far we have 25 staterooms booked and close to the limit of 50 non-sailing guests. So excited!!!

Were getting married in Galveston on the same day!

We're doing this as well! Getting married in port and plan on hiring a photographer for a beach shoot in Bermuda. Just waiting for Royal to release the dates so we can finally decide between them and Celebrity.:D

Hello all! We are so excited to be getting married aboard the Carnival Vista April 2, 2017. I really haven't done much planning yet. We selected our package, secured the DJ and are arranging for Engagement photos. We are hoping to send save the dates in April of this year.

I am just looking for any pointers or helpful information.

Happy sailing and congrats to all.:cool:

We're doing this as well! Getting married in port and plan on hiring a photographer for a beach shoot in Bermuda. Just waiting for Royal to release the dates so we can finally decide between them and Celebrity.:D

Have you researched Bermuda photographers yet? It's on my list of things to do :)

Hello all! We are so excited to be getting married aboard the Carnival Vista April 2, 2017. I really haven't done much planning yet. We selected our package, secured the DJ and are arranging for Engagement photos. We are hoping to send save the dates in April of this year.

I am just looking for any pointers or helpful information.

Happy sailing and congrats to all.:cool:

So far that's about all I've done as well. Since I have so many people sailing with us and everyone else on our invite list already knows the date, we probably won't be sending save-the-dates. I have started on our wedding website and researching invitations. So far, I haven't found anything that I love so I'm probably going to have to get a graphic designer involved. Oh...and I've started researching Stateroom Swag Bags too.

The thrill is in the planning!!!!!

I have seen some cute invitations on weddingpaperdivas.Com we want to do a passport style invite and a postcard save the date, same style.

Is anyone planning to add details like arriving early to the port or things that can and cannot be brought aboard the ship, to their invites? How is everyone handling the very different rules for a cruise wedding?

I have seen some cute invitations on weddingpaperdivas.Com we want to do a passport style invite and a postcard save the date, same style.

Is anyone planning to add details like arriving early to the port or things that can and cannot be brought aboard the ship, to their invites? How is everyone handling the very different rules for a cruise wedding?

I'm going to have an enclosure card in addition to the RSVP card with my invites. On that card, I'll outline all of the boarding procedures for both sailing and non-sailing guests as well as gift guidelines. I'll also put my website at the end for all other questions that guests may have.

I am waiting until i get my RSVPs and then to the people who are going i will send a letter saying what they can and can't bring and what the boarding procedures are. We said the wedding was at 11 since thats when we have to board by. It just makes things easier.

We are thinking of this as a reverse reception so people can mingle and eat before the ceremony since most of our guests know each other already it makes it easier. And then the wedding party will mongle with everyone after the ceremony is that makes sense?