Pacific princess opinions needed

Cruising_Bill

I have been on many Princess cruises but never on a small ship. I am considering a 15 day on PP. I am a little wary as I feel I may be bored. Yes I know it is what we make it, however as I like to lay out I can’t for hours on end and without MUTS etc it made me wonder. I am 60 and not one to go to bingo or shipbuilding etc. Do they have trivia, game shows like yes/ no etc. Please no response as it’s my favorite etc I’m looking for reasons to go or pick a different cruise. Also any patters would work too. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry to mention this, but it is my new favorite ship. We did the last cruise before it's dry-dock last year. II always found something to do or watch. Here is the link for my cruise which includes the patters.....:):):)

Bob

Positives

Less passengers, so you become more familiar with your shipmates and crew members

Better quality of food (less quantity to prepare probably?)

Better quality of photography- the photographers said they were not as rushed when taking pictures- if you’re planning to have pics taken- this would be the ship I’d use

Trivia several times a day

Goes to some ports that cannot accommodate the larger ships

Everything on the ship is closer walk because it’s smaller

Nicer library than most ships

Some cruises are more costly on Pacific Princess (has huge following, especially among many elite cruisers)

Negatives

Can experience more rocking if you encounter rough seas

Can feel a bit more claustrophobic due to size

Can become a bit more boring on a long cruise because less variables (we did 29 days)

Not as much variety on dining choices as larger ships (no anytime dining, no International Cafe, etc.

No kids or very few, and average age of cruiser may be older than other cruises

I only had time to read your TA but enjoyed your writing. Sorry for the rough seas. So far, we consider that as part of the experience but, then, we have not come close to the cruises you have completed. We are looking forward to the TA this Dec. [emoji39

Vaya con Dios! ;)

We are not huge fans of TAs to begin with, so that worked against us. We also had very rough seas on the cruise just before the TA, around Greece, where we sailed through 3 consecutive winter storms in about 8 days, so we were kind of over it. Let’s just say we were VERY happy to arrive in Hamilton to calm weather and sunny skies!

On a positive note, it’s become the benchmark for what constitutes rough seas in our minds. We had a bumpy crossing of the Tasman Sea around New Years this year and, while we lost some sleep, it didn’t cause us a hint of seasickness.

There is a 'showroom'; the Cabaret Lounge. It is not tiered and there is no appreciable raised stage. Pacific Princess dancers put on shows that are not done on other ships simply because of the layout of the venue.

There will be shows with singers and dancers; there will be 'guest' performers. All in the evening. Depending on the itinerary, there will be lectures in the Cabaret Lounge.

Again, the key word is 'intimate'. Think small, think once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Jim

We were on a 12 day Tahiti to Hawaii cruise on Pacific Princess. The shows were great, and we saw one that was like the singers were singing just to you. We saw the same show about a year later on Emerald Princess in the Princess Theater and it wasn't nearly as good (same show band, different singers).

Our cruise on the Pacific Ocean was smooth. None of the issues another poster mentioned. But one can hit bad weather anywhere - our worst was on a larger ship out of Florida where over half the passengers were sea sick.

Positives

Less passengers, so you become more familiar with your shipmates and crew members

Better quality of food (less quantity to prepare probably?)

Better quality of photography- the photographers said they were not as rushed when taking pictures- if you’re planning to have pics taken- this would be the ship I’d use

Trivia several times a day

Goes to some ports that cannot accommodate the larger ships

Everything on the ship is closer walk because it’s smaller

Nicer library than most ships

Some cruises are more costly on Pacific Princess (has huge following, especially among many elite cruisers)

Negatives

Can experience more rocking if you encounter rough seas

Can feel a bit more claustrophobic due to size

Can become a bit more boring on a long cruise because less variables (we did 29 days)

Not as much variety on dining choices as larger ships (no anytime dining, no International Cafe, etc.

No kids or very few, and average age of cruiser may be older than other cruises

Fun and funny😊 Smiling to myself😊 At first, I thought that older cruisers was listed as a negative😊 I now realize that this was in a different paragraph. I am realizing that I am older each day, now. I am not criticizing, but rather it just struck me as fun, tonight. Maybe it is the hot weather. I spent several hours at the hot afternoon White Sox/ Royals game, today.

We were on the Ocean Princess before it left the fleet; practically a twin of the Pacific Princess. We were excited about it, but ultimately we realized that small ships are not to our taste. So many things that are subjective, I won't bother to list...because the very things we did not like, others would feel the opposite. Regardless, we had a wonderful trip overall and you certainly won't be miserable!