International Cafe ... quick service?

WahooNKS

I've seen lines at IC in the morning but they always moved quite fast. Generally the line is to place your order and then you step out of line to wait for the order to be filled. Our last cruise was 28 days and I never had a long wait in the coffee line nor did I have a long wait to have my order filled. Of course I have never sailed the particular ships mentioned...

It really depends on the time you go to IC. No matter what, you won’t be waiting 30 minutes to get coffee. They really do keep the line moving. You can also get specialty coffee and lattes in the Horizon Court pastry shop on Regal and Royal.

I thought of another place to get specialty coffee.......you can also get it right outside Princess Live. I am not sure if they have certain hours for this location. You may want to check when you get on board. ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!!

Hi all! For morning coffee from IC on Royal/Regal, are there lines or much wait to get your coffee? I'm assuming this is the only location to get lattes, specialty coffees. If not, chime in with your secret spot!

On Royal/Regal, you can get your specialty coffees at International Cafe, Princess Live! Bar area, and in the Horizon Court buffet, in the pastry/dessert section.. So, pick your spot. Buffet and Princess Live rarely have a line, wirh pl having the shortest as most people don't know you can get them there. May not have the full IC menu though, so double check that what you want is there. PL is mainly espresso, cappuccino, mocha, lattes - it's where they make the coffees for Crown Grill, etc..

I was on Royal in November, used my PBP to try the different "premium teas" mid morning on most days. Usual line of about 10-12 people but moved way faster than at that overpriced ubiquitous west coast coffee concoction chain. Always handed my tea within 20-30 seconds of ordering. May not be comparable to ordering one of those coffees that it takes longer to say the name of than to drink, but I never saw anyone lengthily idling at the pick-up counter either.

Hi all! For morning coffee from IC on Royal/Regal, are there lines or much wait to get your coffee? I'm assuming this is the only location to get lattes, specialty coffees. If not, chime in with your secret spot!

That depends on time in the morning. I’ve waited as long as 5 minutes in line. But usually within 2 minutes or less. YMMV.

Good luck.

On Royal/Regal, you can get your specialty coffees at International Cafe, Princess Live! Bar area, and in the Horizon Court buffet, in the pastry/dessert section..

All true.

But, my recollection is that the princess live bar didn't open very early...

But, it is a good choice later in the day, if there is a crowd at the i.cafe

But, my recollection is that the princess live bar didn't open very early...

But, it is a good choice later in the day, if there is a crowd at the i.cafe

According to a recent Regal Patter, the Princess Live bar is open from 7:30 a.m. until 11:30 p.m.

Sometimes there is a line and others times there is no line :). And that is the truth of the matter. As I recall, on the Regal you could only use the coffee card at the IC.

Hank

Thank you all so much for chiming in on this 'not so serious' matter! I do have a Coffee Punch Card, so I'm curious as to why all the locations mentioned wouldn't accept the punch card? If Horizon Bistro/Horizon Court and Princess Live make the brews, especially for the waiters serving the dining rooms, then why wouldn't they also accept the Coffee Punch Card from me? In the dining room, my waiter always takes my card with him when I order a specialty coffee. When my coffee arrives, I get my punched card back. So wherever it is that he's getting the coffee is punching the card. Make sense?

Hope I haven't confused the issue. Just trying to find a closer place to get specialty coffee in the mornings from the 15th floor!

Thank you all so much for chiming in on this 'not so serious' matter! I do have a Coffee Punch Card, so I'm curious as to why all the locations mentioned wouldn't accept the punch card? If Horizon Bistro/Horizon Court and Princess Live make the brews, especially for the waiters serving the dining rooms, then why wouldn't they also accept the Coffee Punch Card from me? In the dining room, my waiter always takes my card with him when I order a specialty coffee. When my coffee arrives, I get my punched card back. So wherever it is that he's getting the coffee is punching the card. Make sense?

Hope I haven't confused the issue. Just trying to find a closer place to get specialty coffee in the mornings from the 15th floor!

You can use coffee card punches at all 3 venues but at the Pasrty Shop in the buffet & Princess Live there’s no brewed coffee.

The free coffee available in the buffet & dining rooms is made using filtered coffee machines from ground coffee.

Edited by Astro Flyer