'Best of British' on the Spirit, help please!

Deb71

Hi everyone

Please can some experts on the Spirit help me out....! :o

I'm thinking about booking the Best of British cruise on the Spirit next August. I think there was a similar cruise this year but can't seem to find any reviews, did anyone go on this and what did they think :confused:

I'm happy with the current price on offer - £1400 ish for my husband daughter and I, good considering it's within the dreaded summer holidays. Because it's a one off I can't compare prices aganst other cruises and watch for any fluctuations like I normally do, I know it's complete hit and miss but do you think it may change in the near future (yes I know, get my crystal ball out :D) There is free port parking on offer currently - again, can anyone hazard a guess when Thomsons start adding a charge for it.

I'm basing the price on a 1/2 inside cabin. Having done my research I know which areas to avoid. Looking at the deck plan there are only some 4 berth inside cabins available on deck 1 (850s-890s) and no 3 berth. So I assume we will be allocated one of these 4 berth cabins, which seem to be middle/slightly forward - so I reckon any of these will be ok and probalby won't need to prebook a specific cabin, what do you think?

Any assistance would be really appreciated, have posted on the FB group but no luck so far and I really want to get it booked, just got a tax rebate and thought the sensible thing to do would be to put a deposit on a cruise :p

Surprised that nobody had replied to you Deb. I think it is a bit quiet on here at the moment :(

If it were me, I would go for it at that price! Doesn't look like the Spirit will be sailing ex-UK next year so make the most of it & enjoy it. We have only done Med cruises but if a good deal came up, I would do an ex-UK cruise :)

The price sounds ok for the here of you, though I am not a fan of an inside cabin. If you book through one of Thomson's own shops they promise to match any price quoted by an independent TA.

I am about to go on the Spirit for the second time -- it will be the third time for my wife. I would describe it as comfortable rather than glitzy. I like the quality built into the original and prefer its size to that of the newer mega ships. We liked the entertainments team too.

I hope you enjoy it.

David

Thanks for both your replies :) Think I night just have to go ahead and book it, can't contain myself any longer lol :D

What I meant was I don't think Spirit will be ex-UK in 2015; I'm a year ahead of myself! We loved the Spirit - lovely ship & it will certainly be different arriving at UK towns etc by ship. All the ex-UK cruises on Spirit is year have had glowing reports as far as I have read ;)

What I meant was I don't think Spirit will be ex-UK in 2015; I'm a year ahead of myself! We loved the Spirit - lovely ship & it will certainly be different arriving at UK towns etc by ship. All the ex-UK cruises on Spirit is year have had glowing reports as far as I have read ;)

Lol, I got what you meant, that's one of the reasons I want to book, looks like we have plenty of time to do future med cruises if the Spirit doesn't operate from the UK after next year. Really fancy Fire and Ice but it overlaps with the beginning of school, grrr. I do fancy this one though, what other holiday can you visit Ireland, Scotland and the Orkneys in one week!

The price sounds ok for the here of you, though I am not a fan of an inside cabin. If you book through one of Thomson's own shops they promise to match any price quoted by an independent TA.

I am about to go on the Spirit for the second time -- it will be the third time for my wife. I would describe it as comfortable rather than glitzy. I like the quality built into the original and prefer its size to that of the newer mega ships. We liked the entertainments team too.

I hope you enjoy it.

David

going as in tomorrow??? , off myself,should be a good lively week

Hi everyone

I'm thinking about booking the Best of British cruise on the Spirit next August. I think there was a similar cruise this year but can't seem to find any reviews, did anyone go on this and what did they think :confused:

I'm happy with the current price on offer - £1400 ish for my husband daughter and I, good considering it's within the dreaded summer holidays. Because it's a one off I can't compare prices aganst other cruises and watch for any fluctuations like I normally do, I know it's complete hit and miss but do you think it may change in the near future (yes I know, get my crystal ball out :D) There is free port parking on offer currently - again, can anyone hazard a guess when Thomsons start adding a charge for it.

I'm basing the price on a 1/2 inside cabin. Having done my research I know which areas to avoid. Looking at the deck plan there are only some 4 berth inside cabins available on deck 1 (850s-890s) and no 3 berth. So I assume we will be allocated one of these 4 berth cabins, which seem to be middle/slightly forward - so I reckon any of these will be ok and probalby won't need to prebook a specific cabin, what do you think?

Any assistance would be really appreciated, have posted on the FB group but no luck so far and I really want to get it booked, just got a tax rebate and thought the sensible thing to do would be to put a deposit on a cruise :p

in relation to your cabin query, dont think there are any 3 berth on 1/2 ,so it will be a 4 on deck 1, know a few people who have had various of these with no problems so definately not worth paying to prebook

in relation to your cabin query, dont think there are any 3 berth on 1/2 ,so it will be a 4 on deck 1, know a few people who have had various of these with no problems so definately not worth paying to prebook

That's great, thanks for confirming :D

Hi everyone

Deb, Wife and I did the uk cruise last August,it was really good,but we were very lucky with the weather, have been on Spirit 4 times,its a lovely ship, nothing glamorous but really friendly, I did a review on here please have a look. Roy.

Deb, Wife and I did the uk cruise last August,it was really good,but we were very lucky with the weather, have been on Spirit 4 times,its a lovely ship, nothing glamorous but really friendly, I did a review on here please have a look. Roy.

Thanks Roy, I've had a look and feel reassured! :) Found some more reviews on another cruise site too, am going to get it booked, can't wait to try the Spirit.

Thanks Roy, I've had a look and feel reassured! :) Found some more reviews on another cruise site too, am going to get it booked, can't wait to try the Spirit.

That's ok, you will not regret going on the Spirit, we have sailed on her 4 times, 2 years ago we had our wedding blessed on her at sea just out side Piraeus, so she will always have a place in our hearts. We have many friends amongst the crew, the cruise director Richard, waiters Rambo, Sam, Ritchie and Shine. when you go to Kirkwall, do visit the Italian Chapel, its marvellous,Roy.

Going on the very same cruise next year, did you book it yet, best to just book and not keep looking at the price as it goes up and down.

The Spirit is an amazing ship, prefer the dream but this was the only itinery ex UK next year. Booked about 3 months ago and got free onboard credit and also free coach transfer :) Just me and DD meeting up with friends we made last year on the Spirit when we went on the weekend affair, looking forward to a week of pampering, can't wait

Get it booked!!!