Eating in P.V. Mexico. Restaurant recommendation?

Kingofcool1947

On the Grand 9/25/16 Mexico cruise with port stop in P?V.

Is this a good restaurant?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gunmen-abduct-people-mexican-resort-204232783.html?nhp=1

We ate at Viejo Vallarta. Great view of water. I think its near the seahorse statue.

It's upstairs and there is no elevator. But it's a wonderful Seaview and the food was really good. We took the city bus right near the cruise terminal and it drops you off near the Malecon.

If you go under the Mexico boards/forum on cruise critic ,hopefully you can find lots of information about P.V.

Julie

On the Grand 9/25/16 Mexico cruise with port stop in P?V.

Is this a good restaurant?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gunmen-abduct-people-mexican-resort-204232783.html?nhp=1

It's one of my favorites here in Mexico, I travel once a year for work to Puerto Vallarta and every time I get a chance I go there.

The menu changes daily depending on the fresh ingredients they got for the day but also some dishes are always there.

Edited by Moroc_o
IMGUR images dont work, nor links.

Sounds like an adventure.

We ate at the Blue Shrimp, was excellent.

I ate lunch at the Blue Shrimp on Mexico cruise two years ago. Had garlic shrimp, and it was great. But, a family sitting at the table next to me had a huge platter of GIANT fried shrimp. That's what I'm going to order this time. :)

You can eat there but don't drink the water :eek:

Tony

Tony, did you experience bad digestive issues " Montezsumas Revenge"? What did you eat in P.V.? At a Princess recommended restaurant? OMG. :eek:

What's bad about drinking the water served at Princess recommended reputable P.V. restaurants and other ports of call? How about ice?

So, is it ok to have the fresh made ice cream or fruit slices served from the carts?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

So, is it ok to have the fresh made ice cream or fruit slices served from the carts?
I assume that you are just asking the question to stir up the water, but we have watched them in the hot sun slicing up the fruit on those carts and as a result we give those carts a wide berth. We also don't buy sliced fruits from roadside vendors in Southern California. Edited by IECalCruiser

Tony, did you experience bad digestive issues " Montezsumas Revenge"? What did you eat in P.V.? At a Princess recommended restaurant? OMG. :eek:

What's bad about drinking the water served at Princess recommended reputable P.V. restaurants and other ports of call? How about ice?

Princess has no control of a restaurants water.

You take a chance drinking the water/ice in Mexico.

Its bottled water and drinks for us when we stop in ports there.

Some people get sick eating in PV.

I have eaten in PV a bunch of times and (knock on wood) never gotten sick. I have been trying to remember the names of some restaurants there, but I can't. The best I can do is "that place on the beach near the pier with the sails." LOL. There is also a good place at the Marina where we saw a crocodile lounging in the water right near our table. You can get some food seafood in PV (well, not crocodile, lol.)

I assume that you are just asking the question to stir up the water, but we have watched them in the hot sun slicing up the fruit on those carts and as a result we give those carts a wide berth. We also don't buy sliced fruits from roadside vendors in Southern California.

Actually wrong assumption.

Have a nice day, and may you cruise in interesting times.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

The kidnapping happen at 1:00 AM and everyone appears to be cartel members.

Jalisco state prosecutor Eduardo Almaguer said at a news conference that preliminary results of the investigation indicated that all involved — kidnappers and kidnapped — were members of criminal organizations.

"They were not tourists or residents who work in legal activities," Almaguer said. "They were people tied to a criminal group we can very clearly presume."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/puerto-vallarta-restaurant-attack-1.3721814

The kidnapping happen at 1:00 AM and everyone appears to be cartel members.

Jalisco state prosecutor Eduardo Almaguer said at a news conference that preliminary results of the investigation indicated that all involved — kidnappers and kidnapped — were members of criminal organizations.

"They were not tourists or residents who work in legal activities," Almaguer said. "They were people tied to a criminal group we can very clearly presume."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/puerto-vallarta-restaurant-attack-1.3721814

Good to know it was early in the morning. I'll be having a drink at the Crooner's Lounge. ;)

I was in Tijuana one time where there was a gun battle by two rival drug gangs in broad daylight. Anyway, as someone here said, violence could happen anywhere, anytime.

Thanks.

I'll check it out. Menu looks good. :)

Is it near the Malecon? Walkable?

Or have to take a taxi to the restaurant?

We took public transit(but taxis are available of course) to Boca de Tomatlan(about 25 min. South of Old Vallarta). From there one can hike or the restaurant provides a complimentary water-taxi to the location for set reservation times.

Since we arrived a little early to Boca for our reservation, we opted to join a private water-taxi (heading to further locations like Playa Las Animas and Yelapa) for a couple bucks a piece to take us around the corner to Colomitos and drop us at the beach.

It deserves noting that the restaurant is strictly advance reservations only and they only accept Mexican pesos. The food is tasty and their custom Cilantro Margaritas are excellent:cool:

IMG_0704_zpsn8lcesft.jpg

IMG_0711_zps2nxj8wos.jpg

IMG_0692_zpspva96eap.jpg