Originally posted by jordans mom
HI... for a long time I have wanted to sail on the QM.

My parents enjoyed many Cunard cruises over the years - and I remember their stories of the great ships and experiences (note: Mom loved to dress, Dad not so much - but he went along as long as Mom pulled it all together! )

However, I am not into "dressing up" every night, and while relaxing during sea days - prefer a nice tShirt or Coverup and Shorts over my bathing suit to sit, wander or find a place for day meals.....
so I have chosen many "casual cruises" over the years to many places on NCL.

Would I be comfortable on this type of cruise...I am thinking of the 14 day Transatlantic - dont really need any tours of Europe - been there plenty of times/ done that

But I do love Sea Days!

Thanks!
Having sailed on a few NCL cruises, you will find the level of attire even though Cunard folk consider it casual to be way above that on an NCL sailing. Do plan if you take any meals in the Britannia Dining Room to wear better slacks or if you must shorts during the day and of course in the evening a jacket and dress slacks and proper shoes are required. Sadly ties have been retired as a must but the majority of males still will be wearing then. Formal evenings are as the word implies formal with tux the choice of most with a decent black or dark blue suit, white shirt and tie followed. As others have stated you can still find a decent dinner in the buffet section should such attire not be to your liking and the lounge next door is quite nice with the redo and it offers libations and music.Transatlantic sailings tend t be more formal both day and evening than the cruises.