How to follow QV refit?

erniebernie

There may be some new pillows etc but refit was onLy done on the aft grills cabins on 6,7,8 and brittania club. I am pretty sure i read somewhere that there had been little done to other grills cabins by someone on the current cruise

All cabins have had refurbishment. Bedding, beds, soft furnishings, carpets, flat screen tv's there are images and details for all cabin classes on Cunards website.

All cabins have had refurbishment. Bedding, beds, soft furnishings, carpets, flat screen tv's there are images and details for all cabin classes on Cunards website.

Yes they have had some furnishings changed, but the ones I mentioned have had a full refit and remodel.

I have been unable to find images of the Q5 and Q6 cabins.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed but I found a 22 minute video just released on UTUBE last night and have put it up on my blog where I will put pics of the refit as I find them...

http://butarewethereyet.blogspot.co.nz/2017/06/the-empresss-new-clothes.html

Unfortunately the only room he doesn't tour is the Wintergarden ...

regards Roscoe

Outstanding, Roscoe. Thanks for posting it. I will still miss the old Café Carinthia where we had such good talks, coffee and card games at 9.00 each morning. It was so cozy and atmospheric!

yes I'm going to miss my Office....where will I go at 8am every morning?

Small issue, but one I noted to be true of several fellow cruisers I talked with last week: TV volume is set ridiculously low. We had ours set up to about 50 - 60 to hear, and we don't have a hearing problem. And when you turn it off it defaults to a lower volume, so you end up having to hold the volume button down for about 10 seconds each time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Small issue, but one I noted to be true of several fellow cruisers I talked with last week: TV volume is set ridiculously low. We had ours set up to about 50 - 60 to hear, and we don't have a hearing problem. And when you turn it off it defaults to a lower volume, so you end up having to hold the volume button down for about 10 seconds each time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And its called a Samsung SMART TV !!

I've found a series of really good and well-detailed videos that show the newly refitted rooms if anyone is interested, they include the Wintergarden, britannia staterooms, Grills and lido areas amongst others.

http://butarewethereyet.blogspot.co.nz/2017/06/the-empresss-new-clothes.html

Knock yourselves out - I know I did.

(ps...fortunately you can't hear the new public area piped music in the background)

[quote

Knock yourselves out - I know I did.

(ps...fortunately you can't hear the new public area piped music in the background)

oops sorry correction - my volume was tuned off you can actually hear the new "cunard Radio" in the winter garden video...

I've found a series of really good and well-detailed videos that show the newly refitted rooms if anyone is interested, they include the Wintergarden, britannia staterooms, Grills and lido areas amongst others.

Britannia staterooms have NOT been refitted. Brittiania club staterooms have been refitted. Some staterooms have had minor soft furnishings tweaked,but refit concerns only britannia club, Q1 suites and Q4 suites (AFT ONLY)

Britannia staterooms have NOT been refitted. Brittiania club staterooms have been refitted. Some staterooms have had minor soft furnishings tweaked,but refit concerns only britannia club, Q1 suites and Q4 suites (AFT ONLY)

Hi Tilly, that would be disappointing as I think Chris mentioned on his video that the room he was filming was a standard room and not a club one. I guess we will all just have to put our money in our pockets and go and see for ourselves. The lido deck looks appealing though , I rarely use it because it has no shade but now looks as though there is plenty to spare and those new big round hooded chairs look brilliant.....

Great videos, Roscoe. I always like Chris Frame and his detailed tours of ships. I heard the music in the Winter Garden right away. Not really appealing.

yes Patti...Chirs is really good...Ill look forward to seeing his new book......

hows the heat?

This is what the Cunard website says -

"All Britannia staterooms on board Queen Victoria have been refurbished. Each features newly designed carpets and soft furnishings, new flat screen HD televisions and, by popular request, tea and coffee making facilities. All Queens Grill and Princess Grill suites have also received interior enhancements during Queen Victoria’s refit to maximise space whilst ensuring unsurpassed levels of elegance and comfort."

"All Britannia staterooms on board Queen Victoria have been refurbished. Each features newly designed carpets and soft furnishings, new flat screen HD televisions and, by popular request, tea and coffee making facilities. All Queens Grill and Princess Grill suites have also received interior enhancements during Queen Victoria’s refit to maximise space whilst ensuring unsurpassed levels of elegance and comfort."

I'm eager to see what the QG suite enhancements look like since I've got a Q4 booked for next September. I can't seem to find many photos of the QV Grills online either. Does anyone have any good galleries they could point me towards?

Yes, exactly, i think previously with people there has been some confusion for people between what has been fully refitted and the rooms with minor refurbs, as i stated.

Yes, exactly, i think previously with people there has been some confusion for people between what has been fully refitted and the rooms with minor refurbs, as i stated.

I don't think there's been much confusion, although you did say at one point the aft Q5s are all being refitted to Q4 penthouses when of course, you meant just the deck eight 5's.

I posted on a separate thread our Butler in May had said the soft furnishings were being replaced in non actual refit cabins and I think that became common knowledge over the refit time.

I gather from your name you are a Seabourn cruiser. Never having cruised with Seabourn, I will be very interested in your opinion after your Queen Victoria QG cruise, in how the two products compare etc.

Edited by Victoria2

We are in 5191 in August.

We'll be joining in Barcelona next week in this suite and will likely take a good number of pictures. There has been some good coverage already, so perhaps we might post some things we haven't noticed yet. I figure with at least new carpet, mattress, bed linens, and perhaps drapes, the suite might achieve a level of that "new ship smell." Shame about baths not being touched.

We're actually the residents of suite 5191 leaving from Southampton on 22nd June and disembarking in Barcelona, so we'll keep it nice for you! We spend 3 days in Barcelona before flying back to Heathrow. Really looking forward to the break on QV and spending time in Barcelona, having only visited before on a cruise.