Windstar Tahiti

sunny2runner

If you book the air/cruise combo can you come in 2 days early at your own expense?

I see that most all the Tahiti cruises only offer the cruise/air combination. If there anyway to book cruise only and do your own airfare?

Also is a TA or directly through Windstar the best way to book?

If you book the air/cruise combo can you come in 2 days early at your own expense?

I see that most all the Tahiti cruises only offer the cruise/air combination. If there anyway to book cruise only and do your own airfare?

Also is a TA or directly through Windstar the best way to book?

You don't have to take the cruise/air package. You can book your own air and the cruise separately.

I now have a TA I use to book cruises, as he deals with the problems, so I don't have to. Plus, I usually get some OBC.

You don't have to take the cruise/air package. You can book your own air and the cruise separately.

I now have a TA I use to book cruises, as he deals with the problems, so I don't have to. Plus, I usually get some OBC.

Have to concur with 6rugrats! Just completed the 7 days Tahiti Windstar cruise on the Spirit on August 31st. We took the air/ hotel/ cruise package and our TA handled everything, with our input. If I had a question, our TA had an answer, usually within hours. Booked four private tours myself (all were A+) and took two tours that were offered by Windstar that were equally excellent.

You have all sorts of options as to how you want to approach this cruise and naturally, you can do it all yourself. However, if you have a great TA, like we do, it is even easier.

Have fun planning either through Windstar, a TA, or on your own.

If you book the air & cruise package, the airfare portion is calculated at $1500 per person RT LAX-PPT (at least ours was, for a November sailing), so make sure you check airfares as you comparison shop. The advantage to the package is that all transfers to and from the airport, hotel, day room and ship are handled for you. The disadvantage is that they only allow you to fly in on the day before sailing and fly out the day the cruise ends. If you want to fly in or out a different day, you need to book the cruise and air separately and lose your transfers, hotel and day room.

No they don't. And we are glad we came a lot sooner for our trip. No way we were going to Polynesia without experiencing a few activity there. WS should take note and offer alternative. Was cheaper ultimately than WS package (air and cruise). We did not stay in OWB but chose Airbnb and local hotel in Moorea..