Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

I noticed in the video the narrator said “if there is someone who doesn’t know how to drive” which seems crazy to most Americans because even children know how to drive a go cart...

But does anyone think that could have been literal? In h vault populated Chinese cities how many have never driven and would be extra cautious in a go cart?

I agree they look horribly slow, but there was also a clip where the person truly looked like they didn’t know how to steer around a tight corner and everyone else was stuck behind them.

Maybe it won’t be so bad??? 🤷🏼*♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I noticed in the video the narrator said “if there is someone who doesn’t know how to drive” which seems crazy to most Americans because even children know how to drive a go cart...

But does anyone think that could have been literal? In h vault populated Chinese cities how many have never driven and would be extra cautious in a go cart?

I agree they look horribly slow, but there was also a clip where the person truly looked like they didn’t know how to steer around a tight corner and everyone else was stuck behind them.

Maybe it won’t be so bad??? 🤷🏼*♀️

Having been on Ovation of the Seas when she was moving to China and filled with Chinese, I can assure you they don’t know how to drive.

On the bumper cars, many would just go around in a tight circle or just sit there not moving. They simply had no idea.

What the heck? Even a 4 year old wouldn't be happy at those speeds. My kids have little Tesla and Actev Arrow electric vehicles. They go about 4 to 8 times faster than that at least (6 and 12 mph respectively). I expect to see the 30 mph speeds as touted or I won't be happy. Maybe my kids won't go that fast, but I wanna watch races go that fast.

I expect to see the 30 mph speeds as touted or I won't be happy.

They have claimed 30mph (using the "boost" function for up to 3 seconds) but I have also seen 30kph (just under 19mph).

An article posted....

The first round was painfully slow, puncturing my fantasies of hurtling down the tracks. But that was just to familiarize us with the route -- and it turned out to be an essential part of the process. A practice run mean that fewer drivers end up crashing into the sides as they make (unsuccessful) turns.

As we moved into the second and third rounds, we started picking up speed and that's when the thrills began. The less experienced drivers eventually ran into problems with the tighter turns and caused some congestion, but it cleared up pretty quickly with the help of a staff member. - CNET

Hi Karen and Ken, I booked the Haven on Deck 17 on the Bliss. I like to be on the same deck as the pool and lounge. I spend more time there then in the restaurant which is on Deck 18. We were on deck 16 on the Breakaway and Getaway but the Haven set up is a little different (it’s deck 15 & 16). I am also booked on Escape deck 17 which I think is similar to Bliss. Haven’t been on that either yet. My cruises are Bliss 9/8 & Escape 9/23. I believe it’s really a matter of preference whether you like the peace and quiet of the upper deck or the convenience of the lower deck. Hope this helps you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are really wondering if there is any difference in the balcony size between deck 17 and deck 18? Thanks again!

Edited by WorldCruise2020
Spelling

That was an interesting video, the guy seemed pretty funny at times. I think if the go-carts are really that slow, the Bliss could use a Galaxy Pavilion (or whatever that indoor entertainment place is called). Boy, that Tea Room sure looked familiar [emoji482]

We are really wondering if there is any difference in the balcony size between deck 17 and deck 18? Thanks again!

Based on Escape, they should be the same. There are a few that are slightly wider on Escape and Escape has a DOS/OS on decks 17 and 18 which has larger balconies on 17 but Bliss doesn't have that issue.

I made a post, back in March, towards the bottom on page one of this thread regarding balcony size. I was thinking 17 balconies might be larger.Others don't agree, so take it for what it's worth! Since NCL website is still listing a range of 43-127, I think it's possible they vary in size (in the Haven 2 BR's and some other categories).

I strongly prefer 17 to avoid the sound of scraping chairs on deck 19 in the AM. I booked 17 for April and will know if there is a difference then!

Does anyone happen to know if the waterslides, go karts, or laser tag will be open for use during Alaskan sailings? I booked this cruise for the unique features of the Bliss. Thanks for your help in advance.

I spoke with a friend who took an Alaskan cruise in June a few years ago. She said that they never used the pool or hot tub. I definitely plan to use the hot tub.

I would think, weather permitting. I doubt anyone would want to be on the go cart track in a cold rain

Doing our first alaska cruise in June, Booked bliss over the other ships BECAUSE of it being new, the race track and laser tag(have 2 boys 7 and 10).

Does it rain THAT much on alaska cruises?? I booked june because its supposed to be drier.

We are really looking forward to this cruise and really appreciate all these updates on the bliss!

Doing our first alaska cruise in June, Booked bliss over the other ships BECAUSE of it being new, the race track and laser tag(have 2 boys 7 and 10).

Does it rain THAT much on alaska cruises?? I booked june because its supposed to be drier.

We are really looking forward to this cruise and really appreciate all these updates on the bliss!

We went mid May and we saw about one hour of light rain. Spent hours in the hot tub with drinks. Shockingly we wore t-shirts way more than you would have expected for the region

You're either going to be lucky, or not. Very profound, I know! We've been in May and August. More rain in our case for the May sailing - at least 5 days. August perhaps 3. It was rarely what I'd consider top deck weather. Both times the staff said something like "you came the wrong week - it's been beautiful for the last two sailings"...

Tom