No Next Day Stayover on my TA 15Nt. out of Orlando

ShakeDaddy

My advise if your worried about getting to the ship on time. Call the cruise line and buy the ship transfer. They will tell you at that time what is the latest you can arrive at the airport. Then Royal is responsible for getting you to the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Non Stop to ORL out of PHX land at 12:20pm East Coast Time, just for Your Cruise....Easy.

Southwest flies into Orlando. Airport Code is MCO.

I know that. The above poster also said that they fly into ORL, which is either Orlando Executive Airport or the Orlando VORTAC.

Southwest flies into Orlando. Airport Code is MCO.

That's right CDiva, SWA Direct out of PHX to MCO makes it happen, Same Day!

No Over Night, just right on to the Beautiful 5pm EPIC Embarkation. :halo:

Edited by ShakeDaddy

Ok, now you all are freaking me out. I am driving in and spending the night in Titusville the night before my March 24th cruise. I have been on Epic before. I thought the crazy backup at the port was because they had more than a usual number of ships in port. Is Titusville ok to stay at? Should I try to make it down to Melbourne?

Ok, now you all are freaking me out. I am driving in and spending the night in Titusville the night before my March 24th cruise. I have been on Epic before. I thought the crazy backup at the port was because they had more than a usual number of ships in port. Is Titusville ok to stay at? Should I try to make it down to Melbourne?

Titusville is closer to the port than Melbourne. You will be fine.

Easy to be on the Epic by 2:30 and sail away isn't until 5pm.

Hi Shake Daddy,

I'm on the same TA.

I'll be out on deck watching!!! Wear something distinctive and I'll wave......maybe a sweat shirt!!! You'll probably be in a sweat!!

Good Luck whatever you do.

Deeko

One of the biggest waste of $$$ and hassles is staying overnight before your cruise out of Florida.

Anybody think I should be worried? Flying SWA out of Arizona 4/7 direct to Orlando landing @12:20pm, Epic departs @5pm Same Day.

Not too worried or should I be??

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!! Miss your ship once, and you won’t make that mistake again!! I will never cruise without arriving in port city at least one day in advance! My daughter tried arriving in Orlando day of cruise and even with a direct non stop flight, and said she would NEVER go through that stress again! I have been on numerous cruises, and would never chance risking my cruise vacation like that!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

CHANGE YOUR FLIGHT NOW TO DAY BEFORE AND BOOK A HOTEL! DONT BE SO CHEAP AND RISK MISSING YOUR SHIP, AND LOSING ALL THAT MONEY!

Or spend $2000 + to get to Bermuda to join the ship if OP misses the ship in PC.

OP is already h3ll-bent on flying into MCO on the day of cruise.

As veterans of so many cruises we will never fly on the day of cruise - in fact we need to fly at least 2 (TWO) days before cruise. We have had flights cancelled or postponed until next day (which in turn would make us miss the ship if it was on day of cruise).

Maybe OP is a gambler?

LOL....geez people, how many times does it need to be said that this is a joke? Do you even read the whole thread?

This is No Joke, No haha at all. It's been stated so more than a few times.

Easy to get 30 miles to Port Canaveral from MCO in 4 hours. Last call at 4pm, ship leaves at 5pm.

https://www.ncl.com/faq%2523boarding-times

I'll be at the port by 2:30 Same Day easy. No Same Day hurry up Wait, 2 days early!!

This is No Joke, No haha at all. It's been stated so more than a few times.

Easy to get 30 miles to Port Canaveral from MCO in 4 hours. Last call at 4pm, ship leaves at 5pm.

https://www.ncl.com/faq%2523boarding-times

I'll be at the port by 2:30 Same Day easy. No Same Day hurry up Wait, 2 days early!!

I believe you’re not joking and yes it’s possible to do what you are doing. And yes if it’s true you’ve traveled as much as you claim in your signature, you can make your own decisions without consulting the peanut gallery.

The joke part is obviously on us. You are enjoying your popcorn while we all freak out on your thread because you asked for it. And putting just enough condescension into your replies to people who are just trying to help, to make it adversarial. Which is not really nice. If you have a plan and you are comfortable with it, the only reason to stir up an argument is to entertain yourself at others’ expense. Okay is that clear enough?

Enjoy your cruise, Mr. Smarter Than Everyone Else.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The point of this thread...I think at least, is that there really ARE people this "Penny wise and pound foolish" about flying to a cruise. There have been some pretty frantic posts and threads on FB recently about people flying in from CANADA the day of a cruise and ultimately missing the boat over a 90 minute delay on a flight departure, which isn't all that uncommon these days.

As unbelievable and ridiculous as it sounds - risking a several THOUSAND dollar cruise over a HUNDRED dollar hotel room seems like a great idea to some.

Edited by projectorguy1
added a line

I live in Orlando and “I” don’t even like trying to get to Port Canaveral the same day. There are only a couple of ways to get to the Port and one accident can lead to massive backups. Don’t chance it. You just spent a couple of Ks for the cruise. I understand pairing down but not at the sake of the cruise departure. Plus you can get a flat. That happened to me once and we barely made it on the ship. Spend the money for a room by the port and enjoy your vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the biggest waste of $$$ and hassles is staying overnight before your cruise out of Florida.

Anybody think I should be worried? Flying SWA out of Arizona 4/7 direct to Orlando landing @12:20pm, Epic departs @5pm Same Day.

Not too worried or should I be??

I was on a 9am direct flight yesterday (Sunday) to FLL that was to arrive at 11:15. Over three hours delayed and over an hour for luggage and I was shocked at the number of people who missed their cruise!!! Honestly I couldn't believe it. I'd never try it. We were flying in the day before our Monday departure. Some were just going back home, others going to try to meet the ship at the first port. With such a big investment already, the hotel room on the front end seems insignificant. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk