New! OFFICIAL Meet & Mingles on Your Next 7-day or Longer Carnival Cruise!

LauraS

• Administrators

Pssst!

Have you seen the new Carnival/Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle button on this forum? Look to your right. Yes...the right. See the button just above the NEW TOPIC button?   Click Join the Party, well..to join the party! (It will take you to the Party Registration Page!)

There will now be Official Meet & Mingle Parties on board your 7-day or longer Carnival cruise!

Enjoy!

Laura

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's messed up. As of right now we have enough people for ours in July but Cruise Critic never notified me although they have notified some people hopefully they dont screw up ours

Yes, we had over 110 people signed up for this & we received a confirmation email from CC, we were told to watch our Fun Times for the event. Well we got off the ship on Sunday and there was never an event planned for us. Most of us still planned different get together through our f b group, but I was disappointed to see this not actually happen for us.

:confused:

Yes, we had over 110 people signed up for this & we received a confirmation email from CC, we were told to watch our Fun Times for the event. Well we got off the ship on Sunday and there was never an event planned for us. Most of us still planned different get together through our f b group, but I was disappointed to see this not actually happen for us.

:confused:

John Heald has no love for CC. All lines but Carnival corp show the love.

FYI, we registered for this... Even got a confirmation email, well it never happened

This shouldn't surprise anybody. We get a daily dosage of how much John Heald and Carnival hates Cruise Critic and its members, even though they are paying customers. I wouldn't make a joint venture happen either.

FYI, we registered for this... Even got a confirmation email, well it never happened

Sorry that must have been disappointing for everyone that signed up. I would likely never participate in a CC m&g but if I had and it was dissed, I would be a little irritated. I don't know who dropped the ball, but they either need to pick it up and get it right or forget it all together. I haven't seen anyone else provide feedback, so maybe this was a ship specific issue.

As for JH and CC, there's no love lost on either side. CC is not a victim.

• Like 3

Pssst!

Have you seen the new Carnival/Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle button on this forum? Look to your right. Yes...the right. See the button under the first ad? Click Join the Party, well..to join the party! (It will take you to the Party Registration Page!)

Enjoy!

Laura

I'm writing to make sure you know what didn't happen at the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle on Carnival Miracle cruise of April 9, 2016...

The notice was in the Fun Times for a get together at Sam's Bar at 6pm...we were waiting outside the room for a chorus rehersal to end, it didn't so one of our group members went to the door to tell them that the room was to be ours for a Cruise Critic gathering...th crew there relinquished the room and said hey wre unaware... no one from Carnival or Cruise Critic rep came...no refreshments, no nothing and we found out at Guest Services they were unaware of this party and never had any arrangment with Cruise Critic,,, a dissappointment but we had a great group of people and made our own party sans the refreshments~~~ what happened?

We were on the April 16 Conquest and yes there was a meeting listed in the fun times for the first sea days. I think about 60 signed up here and there were only 24 or so that showed up. Refreshments were the standard pastries and coffee, ice tea, water. There was an officer present for a short question period and he left and a cruise critic member took care of the prize drawing which was ship on a stick, champagne and medals. It was nice.

• Thanks 1

We just participated in the one on Magic last week. It was listed in the Fun Times for 5:30 and they had the Vibe Club reserved with a sign out front listing the event.

There were multiple Carnival people present. A PR person, the Hotel Manager, the Housekeeping Manager, the Entertainment Director and the CD.

They had the entire bar area filled with pastries, cookies, fruit juices, coffee and water. It was a very nice spread.

There was only 5-6 people there and they left very quickly. Another 5-6 wandered in and out. One gentleman, came simply to gripe about everything wrong with Carnival and cornered the PR person as soon as she walked in.

We stayed around an hour and had a great time with the crew. CC members dropped the ball on this one by not showing up. Carnival put forth a great effort to make it nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We just participated in the one on Magic last week. It was listed in the Fun Times for 5:30 and they had the Vibe Club reserved with a sign out front listing the event.

There were multiple Carnival people present. A PR person, the Hotel Manager, the Housekeeping Manager, the Entertainment Director and the CD.

They had the entire bar area filled with pastries, cookies, fruit juices, coffee and water. It was a very nice spread.

There was only 5-6 people there and they left very quickly. Another 5-6 wandered in and out. One gentleman, came simply to gripe about everything wrong with Carnival and cornered the PR person as soon as she walked in.

We stayed around an hour and had a great time with the crew. CC members dropped the ball on this one by not showing up. Carnival put forth a great effort to make it nice.

5:30? PM? Had I signed up, you would have never met me. I would be getting ready for dinner. What an odd time. What day of your cruise?

• Like 1

If anyone knows how to contact Cruise Critic directly that would be great it sounds like they are having them but really bad times anyone or Cruise Critic Personnel see this please figure this out

Somewhere there seems to be a disconnect in the communication between the ship personnel and the Cruise Critic members. What a shame for those in CC who want to attend but the timing is off and for those who did attend and Carnival was no where to be found. We go on the 4-day in the summer and we sometimes create the M&G thread in the hope someone will respond. True these short time cruises are not the draw the longer ones are in my experience. Our NCL ones are always well attended and fun and I will continue to go to those. Perhaps should my DD and I ever take a longer cruise with Carnival this will be ironed out.

we just signed up for the m&m on the miracle. its our first for our honeymoon. we're hoping to meet some seasoned pro's and learn some tips . any word on how or if it will happen. or will we find out onboard?

as you can see they are hit and miss it seems. heard they put it in the fun times (ship paper delivered to your room each night) our roll call group hopefully having one in July, but we also planned an informal meet at the red frog onboard if our planned one doesn't happen

Even though I received an email confirming enough signed up for a meet & greet, I never saw it in the fun times on my 4/30/16 Freedom sailing. I don't know if I'm just blind or if they ended up not having one. Still had a good time, though.

Why are they scheduling the Meet & Mingles at dinner time? No wonder people don't show up. I would think most people would like them the first sea day at 11AM or 2PM. Most people like to sleep in the first sea day, so these times would be perfect for most cruisers.

I began planning our Meet & Greet prior to this new service for our May 24 Vista sailing and had tremendous response, we had over 100 wishing to attend. When we heard about this, we all signed up for the planned event.

I was told that at 2 weeks out I could find out the date and time through Event Planning. I emailed event planning and was told it was scheduled for June 2 at 4:00 pm.

THIS IS THE LAST DAY ON THE SHIP AT A TIME WHEN MOST WILL STILL BE IN PORT!!!!!!!!!!

Either (1) Carnival has no concept of the purpose of a Meet & Greet (as one on our thread stated "do they think it is a meet & goodbye"?) or;

(2) They want to discourage these events.

I have contacted John Heald on his facebook page and am hopeful for a revision of the timing of this event to our sea day, which was our original request. As it stands only a handful of our original 100+ will even be on the ship at the designated time and even they will be unlikely to attend.

While the concept it a good one, the implementation is awful.

We are hopeful someone will intervene on our behalf as this group has spent months planning and would very much like to meet face to face. We are not asking for goodies and drinks and such, we just want a PLACE at a reasonable TIME.