Westpac CC with QBE Travel Insurance have now changed to Allianz as of 1 Oct 2017

Whoop's epidemic ...just love it when tablet changes my words

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Another one that has changed underwriters recently is Australia Post. They used to be underwritten by Covermore and now it’s Zurich. Even if you have previously used an travel Insurance company it always pays to read the PDS in case it has changed.

Also Westpac were underwritten by Zurich years ago as well before they were underwritten by QBE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty sure there was something and it was certainly included in a note on the bottom of my monthly statement for the card so they fulfilled their technical obligation to inform

I think I may have initially read about it on a forum somewhere

I just hope ANZ and NAB who use QBE don’t move to Allianz

Yes I agree that would be bad. Allianz will cover the PE if I take out a separate policy not through the CC. As they can charge more.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Allianz told me that too if i took out a normal policy they would cover my PE too and i said no thanks, with my cruising i do it would work out dearer

if you work out what it cost for an ANZ CC per year just to get the free insurance is it really worth it

if you work out what it cost for an ANZ CC per year just to get the free insurance is it really worth it

Possibly not for standard "no issues" travel insurance - but with Pre Existing Conditions it pays for itself with one trip (plus some) - and you get the added benefits of other insurance bundled with it

The difficulty is applying for a new card when you are retired.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree. I have applied this morning for a ANZ CC Platinum wish me luck. They say it takes 4 days to review.

Agree. I have applied this morning for a ANZ CC Platinum wish me luck. They say it takes 4 days to review.

That's what I use for travel, made 2 claims, no problems. Get the policy book from the bank and read it closely though. My latest book indicates policy is still with QBE.

My latest book indicates policy is still with QBE.

and long may that continue - if they move to Allianz that will be the end of that in terms of Pre Existing Conditions (PEC) cover for some

Seems Allianz must have given Westpac a "deal" to win the business - I guess Westpac have factored in losing some customers along the way with the new underwriters position on PEC's (or not as the case may be) - the reality is that the majority of the customers and cover won't be impacted as they wont have PEC's to deal with

Good luck with the card application Wombat13

One thing to also consider is that with ANZ CC now Visa only (companion Amex stopped a few months back), id paying RCI which charges in AUD $ but processing done in Miami USA, there is a foreign currency charge!!!

I was bitten by it!!!

Might have to charge the minimum to activate the insurance on ANZ CC in the future.

Westpac Amex Platinum - no foreign currency surcharge when paying RCI in AUD $

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did email QBE direct to find out what CC they were associated with and the reply from them was ANZ & NAB

888sydney to activate my St George Ins I paid the minimum and the rest with 28 degree card all in $US. Purchased X cruise with US agent

Just got a SMS from ANZ the CC has been approved whoo hoo!! Welcome kit & pin to arrive in 3-5 days. That was quicker than they told me. Very happy. Now hopefully it will give me time to request PE and purchase a tour to activate cover for us. All being well.......stay tuned