Long, rambling tale of our Viking Rhine Getaway on the Mani 8/26/16

Cyber Kat

I have to apologize again. I do mean to finish this. I'm writing it up in a Word Doc, so I can read it myself! I got all caught up in the holidays and then January went zooming by!

Plus we booked the West Indies Explorer on Viking Ocean, so now I'm in research mode again, as well!

Perhaps I'll use Super Bowl weekend since I'm not into that whole thing :)

Please be patient! I will finish!

Yeah -- it's just the same old, same old Patriots again :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

I love your review and appreciate the time you are taking with all the pictures and details. We will be on this cruise in April and having this information is wonderful! Looking forward to your review of Breisach, and Colmar if you went. I have read that Colmar is one of the ten most picturesque towns to visit.

Sharon

After the Canal House museum, we headed back to the hotel because the reception person - I hate that I have forgotten her name (they remembered ours!) - had said that the room would be ready around 11:00am.

We did Amsterdam to Basel in 2016, I have really enjoyed reliving our trip as I read your account.

We are doing Viking Air this year, Business Class, Atlanta to Paris. We are traveling a day early to have a jet lag day. Be aware that you loose your Viking Transfer if you don't fly Viking's schedule. Our intent had been to get an airport hotel and crash. Then meet the Viking Transfer the next day. Viking doesn't allow that, we have to arrange our own transfer. So we have book a downtown hotel, will Uber to hotel. Do some sightseeing the next morning, then Uber to ship. We will have Viking Transfer on the return.

We have alway splurge and booked Veranda Suite. I get up early, go get coffee and pastry and come back to room and read, transfer photos, write notes, without disturbing Carol who sleeps in to the last minute. It works well for us.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...