Has anyone heard from Jimsgirl?

Bigmike911

A very pleasant lady named Lynn (Jims Girl) has been on several of my Cunard voyages, and I know she had a stroke several years ago on a voyage and had a very positive review of Cunard Care.

I have seen her post from time to time since, but not in a while. I sent her an email but had no answer.

Does anyone know how she is?

A very pleasant lady named Lynn (Jims Girl) has been on several of my Cunard voyages, and I know she had a stroke several years ago on a voyage and had a very positive review of Cunard Care.

I have seen her post from time to time since, but not in a while. I sent her an email but had no answer.

Dear Big Mike,

Yes Lynn is a very pleasant lady and we had the opportunity to sail with her on a Panama Canal/Caribbean 13day QM2 cruise in 2008.

What a wonderful time we had just talking together in the Grand Lobby and CC Gatherings thru out the cruise. What wonderful stories she told us of Jim her husband and her experiences.

We did keep in touch for several years by email and know she liked to do 21day cruises so she would just remain on board.

We did eventually lose touch by email but read about her health issues first with her eyes and then stroke. She didn't know how long she would be able to cruise in the future.

I would appreciate her email address in case she changed it since she gave to us at our first meeting.

If anyone has her email address, if you would kindly share it with me so I can remake contact with Lynn.

cruise2738@earthlink.net,

I remember how she would share her packing ideas with my wife. How she did take too much clothes but used Bing to accessorize her look.

Thank you for bring her name up again.. What a Elegant Lady on the Queen...

I spoke to Lynn about 10 days ago and she's fine - much improved on how she was but still unable to cruise on her own. I will make a point of calling her again later and ask her to email you - or she may see your post and respond here.

It is good to hear she is doing well. She is a lovely lady. I enjoyed spending time with her, and remember our glasses of La Grande Dame in the Champagne bar on the QM2, or was it the QV? Thank you for contacting her, and saying Well Done to her for me.

I did give Lynn a quick call last night (UK time) and she was going to see if her new password worked - as Host Hattie said, she's had problems with her CC login. As I've just woken up and see that she still hasn't posted I guess she's still having problems! I'm sure she will post as soon as her login has been sorted out.

Dear Big Mike,

Yes Lynn is a very pleasant lady and we had the opportunity to sail with her on a Panama Canal/Caribbean 13day QM2 cruise in 2008.

What a wonderful time we had just talking together in the Grand Lobby and CC Gatherings thru out the cruise. What wonderful stories she told us of Jim her husband and her experiences.

We did keep in touch for several years by email and know she liked to do 21day cruises so she would just remain on board.

We did eventually lose touch by email but read about her health issues first with her eyes and then stroke. She didn't know how long she would be able to cruise in the future.

I would appreciate her email address in case she changed it since she gave to us at our first meeting.

If anyone has her email address, if you would kindly share it with me so I can remake contact with Lynn.

cruise2738@earthlink.net,

I remember how she would share her packing ideas with my wife. How she did take too much clothes but used Bing to accessorize her look.

Thank you for bring her name up again.. What a Elegant Lady on the Queen...

Brooklyn Boy, I sent your email address to the two emails I have for Lynn. One bounced and hopefully She will contact us both on the other one.

Cheers Mike.

Brooklyn Boy, I sent your email address to the two emails I have for Lynn. One bounced and hopefully She will contact us both on the other one.

Cheers Mike.

Mike,

Thank you for that contact. Would like make contact again after all this time. I did try to connect once on one of her last postings but no go.

Also we don't get down to Florida which we would love to see her in person.

We use to love to hear her British Humor and tales of the past.....I am glad I can still remember what she looked like.

Thanks

I am here, will answer more next week, getting ready to evacuate in advance of hurricane IRMA, as per my daughter who is my transport.

Lynn aka jimsgirl

Yay! It is so good to hear from you :). Good luck with Irma, we will be thinking of you all in Florida.

I am here, will answer more next week, getting ready to evacuate in advance of hurricane IRMA, as per my daughter who is my transport.

Lynn aka jimsgirl

It's wonderful hearing from you again. Do stay safe. Like all your friends, we are looking forward to your next post.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Lynn aka jimsgirl

Good Luck Lynn, It is great to hear from you. We have survived Harvey, so I am hopeful that Irma will be kind to you. I will look forward to hearing from you when you return home. Mike.

Hi Lynn,

WOW so happy to see you back on the boards.

Miss our talks on board the QM2....Still In Touch with many of our CC'ers from our Panama Canal Cruise.

Ian & Jayne are now in Seattle and in touch with them.

Happy to see your daughter relocating you for the storm. Praying it won't be too bad.

Will talk to on your return. Beverly sends her regards to you and remembers our Tea Times in the Qx Room with the real Clotted Cream.

So happy you're back..

Lynn, hope you are doing fine and find your home safe and dry.

Watching the coverage and seeing it was best your daughter took you instead of the last minute local shelters that filled up so fast the last minute.

Will welcome you home when appropriate.

Ed & Bev...

We had the pleasure of sailing with her in 2010 on the QM2. We knew to find her in Sir Samuels. Really nice lady. A little like Mrs. Doubtfire! After chatting with her, Richard & I had the waiter attends to her needs. I looked at it as an honor. Her posts have always been very insightful.