Bayamo Specialty Restaurant- NCL Escape

tx121

We are cruising on the NCL Escape this Feb and saw a new specialty restaurant on this ship called Bayamo. Has anyone tried this restaurant? Reviews on it? We are thinking of using it for our Dining Package. Thanks!

My husband and I loved it so much we went twice (actually paying for it the second time; we had used up our dining package); it's THAT good! I've not yet been on the Getaway but I suspect the first restaurant there may be similar? It's a lot of fish options as well as a steak and other items. I highly recommend you go!

Sounds like it improved since I went on Escape when she was first sailing. I thought the adjacent Pinchos tapas bar was outstanding as was Food Republlic and Cagneys. Bayamo was not very good - 3 different dishes ordered by our table and none were special. Glad to hear it changed.

Thanks for the feedback. Will definitely try it out. Looks like it may be better to just pay a la carte than use one dining package credit plus $15. Looking forward to it!

That is a good idea especially to try it out.

Hope you enjoy and have a great cruise:cool:

Loved Pinchos more than Bayamo which I really enjoyed but I really like the entire idea of tapas. If you go ala carte at Bayamo, you may want to consider a few appetizers and dessert. Enjoyed them, the quinoa soup and the hazelnut dessert more than the entree. Second time we skipped entrees. Also consider using your SDP for lunch at Pinchos. See Dougout's review and I think it was originally suggested by the always helpful Bird Travels - check out those postings.

Enjoy!

Loved Pinchos more than Bayamo which I really enjoyed but I really like the entire idea of tapas. If you go ala carte at Bayamo, you may want to consider a few appetizers and dessert. Enjoyed them, the quinoa soup and the hazelnut dessert more than the entree. Second time we skipped entrees. Also consider using your SDP for lunch at Pinchos. See Dougout's review and I think it was originally suggested by the always helpful Bird Travels - check out those postings.

Enjoy!

So many options! Lol. Ponchos does look very tempting as well! Thanks for the advice!

The scallops and the shrimp entrees were amazing. Tuna and carpaccio apps were also great. I do think they had a rough start when they first opened and changed some things. Talked a bit to our server back in 2016 about how the shrimp dish changed (we'd asked for recommendations and got a long story), and this seems to mesh with what was being said here on Cruise Critic.

The scallops dish was amazing! Also loved the Quinoa chowder and an excellent salad with avocado. I want to try more of the menu but it's hard to pass up the items I know I would love to have again. This is why we are booked twice in this restaurant....more dishes to try.