Complimentary canapés

twotennesseans

I was wondering if the complimentary canapés that is offered to suite guests can be substituted with anything else?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Substituted by what?

We have never substituted our canapés, though we don't always finish them, so I can't really answer you question, though Inhave to say that and I am struggling to think of what alternative you could be thinking about.

I was wondering if the complimentary canapés that is offered to suite guests can be substituted with anything else?

Personally I can't stand the canapes. They use to offer the chocolate dipped strawberries, but no more. On our last cruise I asked to substitute the strawberries and they wouldn't. The strawberries are less expensive than the cananpes. We were not in a suite but we are elite.

Substituted by what?

We have never substituted our canapés, though we don't always finish them, so I can't really answer you question, though Inhave to say that and I am struggling to think of what alternative you could be thinking about.

I’m sorry that I didn’t explain myself better. I was wondering if maybe instead of the canapés that maybe a nice cheese and cracker platter. I don’t eat fish or salmon. I’m a simple kind of person [emoji6]

The one time we were in a suite, after the first day we were given a little menu card similar to the breakfast card, and you could pick which kinds you wanted. Not all of them were fish/seafood. They were not that exciting though. I preferred to get cheese, nuts, and dried fruit from the buffet or the IC.

Personally I can't stand the canapes. They use to offer the chocolate dipped strawberries, but no more. On our last cruise I asked to substitute the strawberries and they wouldn't. The strawberries are less expensive than the cananpes. We were not in a suite but we are elite.

We give them to our cabin steward. If he doesn't want them then we offer them to our next door neighbor. If they don't want them they get trashed. Absolutley horrible stuff.

I’m sorry that I didn’t explain myself better. I was wondering if maybe instead of the canapés that maybe a nice cheese and cracker platter. I don’t eat fish or salmon. I’m a simple kind of person [emoji6]

Since you will be in a suite you can order anything from the main dining room menu - which includes a small cheese plate and crackers on the dessert menu.

OP is in a suite and on our last cruise suite passengers were still able to get strawberries dipped in chocolate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think your best bet would be to ask when you are aboard the ship, changing to cheese and crackers I think could be easily accomplish for a suite guest.

Unfortunately, taste, canape selection and size has really changed in the last year or so. I have been on 4 different ships this year 3 different continents and all were subpar. I never though about requesting cheese and crackers, good suggestion.

Make sure to have afternoon tea delivered to your cabin at least once.....love those mini sandwiches............it is a perk of being a suite guest.

Edited by land lover

The first night the canapés are automaticly delivered to your room (when in a suite). We personally don't like them, so have never reordered. Last cruise, first formal night they delivered chocolate strawberries. Now those I like! Our neighbors didn't want theirs, so we got 2 plates of 4 strawberries. I think I ate them all.

Many moons ago we were in a suite. We got back into our cabin just after the sail away to get ready for dinner and we noticed the plate of chocolate dipped strawberries. They didn't last long! ;) Day 2 of the cruise and the same thing happened. Same with day 3, but we were getting fed up with strawberries, so asked the room steward to not bring us any more. He then explained that we got canapés each evening and if we didn't order a specific type, it defaulted to the strawberries. We made sure to place an order for something that we liked for the next day.

I'm guessing these days that the bean counters have put the lid on that perk, like they did with the unlimited Internet.

I think your best bet would be to ask when you are aboard the ship, changing to cheese and crackers I think could be easily accomplish for a suite guest.

Unfortunately, taste, canape selection and size has really changed in the last year or so. I have been on 4 different ships this year 3 different continents and all were subpar. I never though about requesting cheese and crackers, good suggestion.

Make sure to have afternoon tea delivered to your cabin at least once.....love those mini sandwiches............it is a perk of being a suite guest.

I agree with you about the canapés the last 2 years. I always selected the salmon and shrimp canapés. The size shrunk to the size of a nickel ( not kidding ) and 6 of them. They looked lost on the plate. Not going to bother with them on formal night anymore.

Sali

I agree with you about the canapés the last 2 years. I always selected the salmon and shrimp canapés. The size shrunk to the size of a nickel ( not kidding ) and 6 of them. They looked lost on the plate. Not going to bother with them on formal night anymore.

Sali

and being that small(mine might have been quarter size) they are totally flavorless....

Also in the past they were delivered, my recent experiences they had to be requested.

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I love learning all I can about cruising. Looking forward to our cruise [emoji568] in December. Hoping the ship will be decorated for Christmas [emoji319]. We haven’t ever done a December cruise.

We have not ordered the Formal night Elite canapes on our last couple of Princess cruises, they ended up in the bin - awful. One is better off getting some cheese and crackers from the lunch buffet if one wants a nibble to have with one's balcony wine.:halo:

The one time we were in a suite, after the first day we were given a little menu card similar to the breakfast card, and you could pick which kinds you wanted. Not all of them were fish/seafood. They were not that exciting though. I preferred to get cheese, nuts, and dried fruit from the buffet or the IC.

I am with you, easy to get cheese and crackers, nuts, from buffet or in port....

I agree! We enjoy stopping by for our appetizers and a cocktail before dinner.

I'll drink to that. We generally have an hour in there pre 6pm 1st sitting dinner. The lounge is normally open 5pm to 7pm, is it not? :halo:

Princess maybe make the canapes inedible so as not too many order them, thus saving staff doing the 'canapé run.' Just don't get me started on Horizon Court coffee, put that together with the canapes, my rating is 3/10 for each.