Oriana. Embarkation deck

silversurf

Also depends on the port? How high is the concrete pontoon. I have disembarked from Decks, 4, 5, 6 and 7. Got off last Sunday on Deck 7 at Southampton.

That must have been an exceptionally low tide at Southampton then Jean. Isn't Deck 7 Promenade Deck?

Yes Andrew, Prom Deck it was. We self-disembarked and only had one deck to go down from D deck. Also as we were 24 hours delayed, we were at QEII terminal, don't know if that makes any difference.

Not sure if the Terminal makes any difference or not Jean. I would still imagine it must have been a really low tide. I know you get big tidal differences in Spring - perhaps you do in Autumn too.

Not sure if the Terminal makes any difference or not Jean. I would still imagine it must have been a really low tide. I know you get big tidal differences in Spring - perhaps you do in Autumn too.

You may be getting confused with the term "Spring Tides" which give the biggest tidal range from high tide to low tide. they occur twice every lunar month, regardless of season. So over the course of a month the difference can be quite significant, the maximum being about 16 feet I believe.

Thanks Brayman. I also thought that tides could be higher/lower than normal at certain times of the year and wondered if it was anything to do with the equinoxes.

Yes it can. The Equinoxes will often create exceedingly large tidal differences. It's all to do with the juxtaposition of the moon and the sun in relation to the earth.