Cafe Jardin on Oceana

P&O SUE

Well according to latest reports, no it's staying, but then P&O don't have a good track record at letting us know what's happening! We love Cafe Jardin for breakfast and lunch and the occasional evening meal. It's only the evening meal that is bookable.

We were on the Oceana in June and I was told by one of the officers in Cafe Jardin that it was P & Os intention at some stage to transform it into a Glass House.

Her did not know when but I assumed that if this was to happen, it would be done at its next refit.

Personally I think a better location for a Glass House on Oceana would be Le Club which is seriously underused most evenings. I know Le Club is a venue for a number of daytime activities but I am still of the opinion it would be a better option.

They've recently introduced a new menu for Cafe Jardin which was publicised on their website. I thought they wouldn't do that if they were getting rid of Cafe Jardin, but you never know! I also seem to remember it wasn't under MP White but someone else, can't remember who. I'm sure if you booked it on the CP and it changed to The Glasshouse before your cruise they would either transfer your booking or contact you to see if you wanted a refund or to change it. I'm sure you wouldn't lose any money by booking now.

We were on the Oceana in June and I was told by one of the officers in Cafe Jardin that it was P & Os intention at some stage to transform it into a Glass House.

Her did not know when but I assumed that if this was to happen, it would be done at its next refit.

Personally I think a better location for a Glass House on Oceana would be Le Club which is seriously underused most evenings. I know Le Club is a venue for a number of daytime activities but I am still of the opinion it would be a better option.

We were told on our cruise last year that Le Club was going to become Magnums. It wouldn't surprise me if they made the Cafe Jardin into a Glasshouse.

The glasshouse concept does not involve booking except for the special taster dinners so Café Jardin will probably remain. The glasshouse is a bar that serves food, this works well on Azura and Ventura but less well on the other ships because the P&O bean counters are trying to turn it into a restaurant.

We were told on our cruise last year that Le Club was going to become Magnums. It wouldn't surprise me if they made the Cafe Jardin into a Glasshouse.

Magnums is outside Le Club, Le Club was quite busy when we went on her in August.

If you look at the 2019 deck plans its still Café Jardin.

Not sure you could make the buffet a night club as the tables are screwed down.

Magnums is outside Le Club, Le Club was quite busy when we went on her in August.

If you look at the 2019 deck plans its still Café Jardin.

Not sure you could make the buffet a night club as the tables are screwed down.

Yes I know where Magnums is and how small it is. Perhaps we were given wrong information but we were told because Magnums is so small they were going to turn Le Club into Magnums instead. I'm surprised the Cafe Jardin is going to remain it was the one thing I liked about the Oceana.

We have sometimes gone to Magnums for a drink before dinner and there haven't been any seats - this is probably about 7.50 before second sitting at 8.30pm. So I think Magnums could do to be bigger and also be somewhere other than just off the main thoroughfare. Hope that Cafe Jardin remains though, our favourite place for breakfast as my husband doesn't like going to the main dining room for breakfast and I hate the buffet so Cafe Jardin is a good compromise for us. We have also had lunch there on several occasions and really enjoyed it.

We have sometimes gone to Magnums for a drink before dinner and there haven't been any seats - this is probably about 7.50 before second sitting at 8.30pm. So I think Magnums could do to be bigger and also be somewhere other than just off the main thoroughfare. Hope that Cafe Jardin remains though, our favourite place for breakfast as my husband doesn't like going to the main dining room for breakfast and I hate the buffet so Cafe Jardin is a good compromise for us. We have also had lunch there on several occasions and really enjoyed it.

Is it still the case that you can't get a full English in Cafe Jardin?

Correct Brayman - you can't get a full English and they warn all newcomers to the restaurant every morning to avoid disappointment. We were on Oceana last week.

We also love Cafe Jardin at breakfast and at lunch and one evening during our cruise. I was told by one P&O member of staff that Cafe Jardin was going and by another that it was staying!

Guess we will know soon. Would hate to lose it.