Cosol Tours

lovetocruise79

• 5 weeks later...

We have been to St. Lucia several times and always used James Touring. James has no affiliation with Cosol and James is the original and ONLY Steelers fan. James provides a fantastic tour. We toured last with James in March and I brought him a NY Jets t-shirt which he wore to show he was a good sport. I'm sure Cosol offers an adequate tour but my recommendation is to stick with the one and only Steelers fan........James Touring.

James touring is a separate company from Cosol. James is the only Steelers fan. James has the only Steelers van and I don't know why anyone would try to mislead CC members on this board

And........this beautiful van belongs to James......not Cosol!

img0617dm.jpg

Edited by martyap

We took Cosol tours 2 years ago and had a wonderful time. The tour gave a full experience of the island, was very personal, and got us back to the ship in plenty of time. Glad to hear he is still getting great reviews!

Anyone have a website contact for casol tours?

James from James Touring is a separate company from Cosol. James is an avid US football fan

and a fanatic about the Pittsburgh Steelers. We really enjoyed the tours we have taken with him in St. Lucia.......even

though we love our New York Jets! You cannot go wrong with James Touring.

P1030422.jpg

P1030457.jpg

Edited by martyap

• 3 weeks later...
Would you recommend this tour for some in our group who tend to have motion sickness?

Quite honestly....no, I wouldn't. Not unless they could be assured of sitting int he front seat.

We had a passenger in our van lose their cookies sitting way in the back when we took this tour 2 years ago. I'm sure it was the combination of the free flowing beverages, great food, windy, hilly roads, and the heat...but it was not pretty.

If you have anyone who is particularly prone to motion sickness...be warned. If they can handle taking the shotgun seat up front, that might be the best choice for them...of course then you get a birds eye view of the thrill of driving a vehicle in St. Lucia!!!!:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I was considering Cosol because of all the great reviews here, but I'm really having doubts. Looking at tripadvisor at cosol tours and sorting by rating, there are a number of bad reviews and things that were mentioned were seriously concerning to me, since I'd be going with children. Like dirty bathrooms, people on the beach smoking dope, that you only really stop for a few minutes, one person said the driver they had (which was not cosol) was hostile, another said their driver didn't tell them anything, another said the fresh local bread and cheese was cheese slices and a couple breadsticks.

Also, I find it very suspcious that of all the tours on St. Lucia on that site Cosol has 348 reviews and the next best rated one (James I believe) only 30. Lots of people with 1 review make me think he just goes on and gives himself good reviews. I am concerned they could be doing that here as well.

Someone point out that the reviews earlier in this thread mentioned the blue bus and the rum punch a lot and that maybe they were very free flowing with the alcohol and that made the tour seem much better in everyone's eyes. (Not that I have a problem with that, but we aren't going as a couple)

Anyone go on this tour and not drink? Would you recommend this for small children?

Edited by sapereaude

So I was considering Cosol because of all the great reviews here, but I'm really having doubts. Looking at tripadvisor at cosol tours and sorting by rating, there are a number of bad reviews and things that were mentioned were seriously concerning to me, since I'd be going with children. Like dirty bathrooms, people on the beach smoking dope, that you only really stop for a few minutes, one person said the driver they had (which was not cosol) was hostile, another said their driver didn't tell them anything, another said the fresh local bread and cheese was cheese slices and a couple breadsticks.

Also, I find it very suspcious that of all the tours on St. Lucia on that site Cosol has 348 reviews and the next best rated one (James I believe) only 30. Lots of people with 1 review make me think he just goes on and gives himself good reviews. I am concerned they could be doing that here as well.

Someone point out that the reviews earlier in this thread mentioned the blue bus and the rum punch a lot and that maybe they were very free flowing with the alcohol and that made the tour seem much better in everyone's eyes. (Not that I have a problem with that, but we aren't going as a couple)

Anyone go on this tour and not drink? Would you recommend this for small children?

I'll try and remember to answer your post when I get back. I am going as a couple but don't drink :)

I just went to trip advisor went back 4 pages and didnt see a bad thing said:confused:

We also just returned from St Kitts and the Carnival Victory our 13th cruise. I dont pass out compiliments lightlly. I have to agree with the review above me we there right after he was. For the money and what he includes , he has sodas and water beer as well if you so desire , iwould suggest e-mailing and telling him what you would like to drink. He mentioned to us that he should ask as my wife likes diet sodas and we drank a lot of beer and water. He wouldnt mind as it all the same to him and he would just assume you would be happy. The only thing we wernt crazy about was the beach he took us to but I am sure he would have went somewhere else had we ask. But we were pretty much beached out at that point so it was just a quick stop to eat and realx a couple of of group did do some snorkeling which was good . I know one of my CC friends has already booked him on my recomendation. But if you dont feel comfortable with him there are several others waiting at the docks.

Edited by frito58