Ushuaia Argentina

cspaid

We had a wonderful tour with one of Edgardo Calaio's group of tour guides December 28, 2012 in Ushuaia Argentina.

We were a group of 14 from the Star Princess. Our guide had a well prepared speech. He passed around items/pictures during the bus ride. The small bus was very comfortable with an aisle down the middle of the bus for easy ingress and egress. Any walking we did I would rate as easy. The National Park is a must to see. Even though we were there on a rainy day it is a beautiful park.

I would definitely recommend Edgar guides. You can contact him via his email edgardocalaio@gmail.com.

• Like 1

Received the same email from edgardo yesterday assigning us to Marcelo. I have found this to be business as usual for most excursions. Everyone wants the company owner but it almost never happens. It would be better if they were upfront about this, but this is the way it is. I am sure our excursions will all be great.

Our ship will be in port from noon until 8 pm so we are limited on some of the shore excursions. Would you suggest the Beagle Channel catamaran tour (3 hours) or going to the National Park (4 hours) - can't do both because the catamaran is in the afternoon at 3 pm. Any other suggestions?

We were a group of 13 in January 2012. Lucas was our tour guide. He was very accomodating for everything we wanted to do. His English is very good. We went to the park and did several short hikes, then we went to the Martial Glacier and took the ski lift to the coffee shop. Several in the group (who were fit enough) hiked to the glacier and then we went to lunch at a lamb BBQ restaurant.

• 1 year later...

We cruised to Ushuaia in December 2014. Ushuaia is a lovely city at the base of stunning mountains. We booked Edgardo's Tierra Del Fuego National Park Tour. We were 18 in a comfortable van with Gabriel as our tour guide. We visited 3 areas where we experienced moderate difficulty hikes. They were easy for those who had no walking issues. The scenery was stunning and it was lovely being away from the cruise ship crowds. Gabriel was quick to spot and point out flora and fauna of interest. We saw a red fox and pileated woodpecker up close. Gabriel told us much about the history of the area and the state of the city today. We had a lovely day in nature and still had time to wander the streets of pleasant Ushuaia. We thoroughly enjoyed our tour .

• Like 1

We cruised to Ushuaia in December 2014. Ushuaia is a lovely city at the base of stunning mountains. We booked Edgardo's Tierra Del Fuego National Park Tour. We were 18 in a comfortable van with Gabriel as our tour guide. We visited 3 areas where we experienced moderate difficulty hikes. They were easy for those who had no walking issues. The scenery was stunning and it was lovely being away from the cruise ship crowds. Gabriel was quick to spot and point out flora and fauna of interest. We saw a red fox and pileated woodpecker up close. Gabriel told us much about the history of the area and the state of the city today. We had a lovely day in nature and still had time to wander the streets of pleasant Ushuaia. We thoroughly enjoyed our tour .

Thanks for this. We are visiting on Zaandam in February & also have Gabriel assigned to our group of 18. Good to know all went well. Are walking waterproof trainers ok for the terrain--any point in taking walking poles with us or this this a little over the top for these ( and any other short walks we may do) at this time of year?

Hi this sounds just what we are looking for. Sadly Cannot get through to that email address would you mind letting us know price of this tour & what time is the pick up at port. We do not dock until 2pm Hope this is do-able.

Busybean Are you by any chance on the 4/3 Val to BA Zaandam ????

[

Hi

No we are on the Jan 30th Zaandam sailing. There is info re this tour on our CC thread. It has been full for some time so you will have to look at old posts for full details You should have time to do the tour as we only have 6 hours ashore.

Hi this sounds just what we are looking for. Sadly Cannot get through to that email address would you mind letting us know price of this tour & what time is the pick up at port. We do not dock until 2pm Hope this is do-able.

you can reach Edgar at tourguideushuaia,net or edgardocalaio@gmail.com

Thanks for this. We are visiting on Zaandam in February & also have Gabriel assigned to our group of 18. Good to know all went well. Are walking waterproof trainers ok for the terrain--any point in taking walking poles with us or this this a little over the top for these ( and any other short walks we may do) at this time of year?

the walks are easy with only some rocks and tree roots on the first hike to be concerned about if the weather cooperates. Sturdy shoes are enough and a walking stick is overkill. Most of the walks are on flat ground.

the walks are easy with only some rocks and tree roots on the first hike to be concerned about if the weather cooperates. Sturdy shoes are enough and a walking stick is overkill. Most of the walks are on flat ground.

Thanks for that--much as I thought.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the national park tour last week. Don't think you need to worry about which guide. Edgardo seems to care about quality control. I was impressed that he sent a follow up email to see how everything had gone. Of course, we wanted to him also but our guide was just great.

• 5 months later...
We had a wonderful tour with one of Edgardo Calaio's group of tour guides December 28, 2012 in Ushuaia Argentina.

We were a group of 14 from the Star Princess. Our guide had a well prepared speech. He passed around items/pictures during the bus ride. The small bus was very comfortable with an aisle down the middle of the bus for easy ingress and egress. Any walking we did I would rate as easy. The National Park is a must to see. Even though we were there on a rainy day it is a beautiful park.

I would definitely recommend Edgar guides. You can contact him via his email edgardocalaio@gmail.com.

I am arranging a tour with Edgar for March 7, 2016 of the National Park and City Tour and Prison Museum. We are cruising on the Infinity. Come join us.

I am arranging a tour with Edgar for March 7, 2016 of the National Park and City Tour and Prison Museum. We are cruising on the Infinity. Come join us.

We are on the same cruise with you and would be interested in the tour you have described. Do you have this tour arranged? What is the cost?

We are on the same cruise with you and would be interested in the tour you have described. Do you have this tour arranged? What is the cost?

Found your tour on the spreadsheet and added our names. I hope the price does go down as that is a little higher than I wanted to do. But it is exactly what we wanted to do so it should be worth it.

Found your tour on the spreadsheet and added our names. I hope the price does go down as that is a little higher than I wanted to do. But it is exactly what we wanted to do so it should be worth it.

So happy you are joining us.

Happy 4th of July! It’s a little damp here in Maryland, but hopefully it will be dry this evening for the town parade and fireworks.

My husband and I have booked the 5 1/2 hour national park and hiking tour in Ushuaia with Tour Guide Ushuaia, February 8th.2016. It looks like easy hiking, a literal “walk in the park." You can learn more about the excursion on the site http://tourguideushuaia.net/ushuaia-html

If you are traveling on the HAL Zaandam and want to join us, check out the roll call.

Hi Nancy,

You must go on the website tourguideushuaia.net and put down a deposit of $34 per person.

Lorry/Lorraine

Hi Nancy,

You must go on the website tourguideushuaia.net and put down a deposit of $34 per person.

Lorry/Lorraine

Can't see how we add ourselves to your tour. It asks for payment but does not specify who or what group you are part of. Am I missing something?

Can't see how we add ourselves to your tour. It asks for payment but does not specify who or what group you are part of. Am I missing something?

After you make your payment I will let the tour group know. My email is on the roll call. Or if you feel more comfortable you can put it on the contact information on their web site.

After you make your payment I will let the tour group know. My email is on the roll call. Or if you feel more comfortable you can put it on the contact information on their web site.

Just spoke to my cabin mate and she has made other arrangements for us in Ushuaia. So we will not be joining your tour. Thanks for all your help.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't written to them yet, but am wondering if anyone can give me a general idea of what the National Park + Prison Museum tour costs (minimum group size cost and full van cost) just so I can get an idea of what I'm in for. I'm just starting to research this.

We are on the Princess Star leaving Valparaiso on Feb. 15, 2016.

TIA. Ann

I haven't written to them yet, but am wondering if anyone can give me a general idea of what the National Park + Prison Museum tour costs (minimum group size cost and full van cost) just so I can get an idea of what I'm in for. I'm just starting to research this.

We are on the Princess Star leaving Valparaiso on Feb. 15, 2016.

TIA. Ann

It is $180 pp and price goes down as more are added to tour. I think the minimum is 5 people.