Six in a haven 2 BR?

Boatingmom

I know the site says this cabin holds 6. Has anybody ever done this? As a surprise gift, I'm Thinking of allowing the 18 and 20 yo to each invite their bestie. This would mean Two girls in the 2nd bedroom and the young men in the sofa area. I'm not sure if this is going to make their cruise better or cause a big headache for me. Too old for the kids club and meeting same aged cruisers. If you've done this was it cramped? Given their ages, if they invite friends, I think we would just meet up for dinner and go on shore excursions together .

Opinions?

Well we are doing 5 adults in a two-bedroom in two weeks on the Jewel. I've been told the sofa in the living room will only fit one adult.

Two young adults will be sleeping in the "kids" bedroom on the pull out sofa bed. In that same bedroom there is a pull down bed...so that would be the sixth person. Have fun!

Not sure of the ship but when we stayed in one 2 could not fit on the couch. It is not a full pull out. The 2nd bedroom was for 3 - even though it's tough to fit 2. It is a full pull out and then a bed from the ceiling.

While I can't offer thoughts on space in the cabin, I have a couple of opinions that may help.

First, you generous parents, you! Care to adopt a 30 - something?

Second, at the (sometimes) awkward cruising age between 18 and 21, a friend on board would likely be very appreciated. It makes meeting others easier, it alleviates the stress of having no one to hang out with all week, and gives each sibling a break from one another.

Third, you know your kids, and I assume their friends, quite well, but I know when I was younger, having that safety net of a friend could make me be a little less cautious. Just a potential concern, from experience.

Please don't take any of this too seriously (except the adoption part, think that one over, I'm low maintenance!), I'm just offering my two cents based on my family vacation experiences.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I saw a video with six people in the cabin. They brought in a sixth bed and removed the coffee table from the living room. So two in the master bedroom, two in the second bedroom and two in the living room. This was on the Pearl.

The only way I would do this is by taking an inflatable air mattress.

In this order:

You can request a cot from the pre-concierge. You can request from your butler. You can request from the Hotel Director.

From what I have read, the request is declined more often, than not, but I would certainly try it.

I know the site says this cabin holds 6. Has anybody ever done this? As a surprise gift, I'm Thinking of allowing the 18 and 20 yo to each invite their bestie. This would mean Two girls in the 2nd bedroom and the young men in the sofa area. I'm not sure if this is going to make their cruise better or cause a big headache for me. Too old for the kids club and meeting same aged cruisers. If you've done this was it cramped? Given their ages, if they invite friends, I think we would just meet up for dinner and go on shore excursions together .

Opinions?

2 Bathrooms, and one bathroom is smaller than an interior bathroom. They all have glass enclosures--toilet, shower, bedroom. Any toilet use requires passage through a bedroom.

I would say nice idea, but not workable via a 2 bedroom. Add another cabin like a H5.

2 Bathrooms, and one bathroom is smaller than an interior bathroom. They all have glass enclosures--toilet, shower, bedroom. Any toilet use requires passage through a bedroom.

I would say nice idea, but not workable via a 2 bedroom. Add another cabin like a H5.

I have to agree. Even with 4 adults it was tight. With 6 adults, the master bathroom and closet will have to be shared. Also, if those in the living room sleep in, you won't be able to enjoy the room or balcony. You won't really get to enjoy the space. Our steward did not make up the sofa in the living room during the day. He moved it into a smaller bed, but sheets were kept on. I'd book an extra room. If they were younger kids it might work.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My husband and I have a 2 bedroom Haven suite on the Epic in December. We are going to take 3 adult sons and our daughter in law. We are taking an air mattress so we can put two in the living room and our son and his wife in the small bedroom. I'm sure it will be tight but we figure that's half the fun of it :D we have 7 sons so we are all very use to sharing space. Our kids are just excited to be going on a free (our treat) cruise.

We have 5, on our last cruise the oldest were ds19 and dd20. We signed the beer/wine waivers, and there was a young adult meetup most nights at Bliss. They met a lot of people (including a girl who they met on their last cruise more than 3 years prior).

Thanks for all the replies. Something to ponder. Sandy h [emoji23] When ready to adopt well call. I didn't think about the cautious part. Beer and wine waiver is difficult enough to imagine. Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As someone mentioned, I think the biggest issue is the bathroom.

The guys in the living room are going to have to pass through/go into a bedroom in order to use the facilties and the second bathroom is quite small.

I don't remember which ship you were considering. On the Epic, the bath is as soon as you enter the second bedroom, so they wouldn't have to walk through the entire bedroom. They would, though, on the newer ships.

Your best bet would be a Garden Villa, but those are not on the newer ships.

This is a bit of a stretch. Not impossible, but can be done.

Getting two grown guys to not only share that little couch, but they are basically out in the living room. Then, getting to either bath requires going into the bedroom(s). Can be done, but.....

Getting two grown guys to not only share that little couch, but they are basically out in the living room. Then, getting to either bath requires going into the bedroom(s). Can be done, but.....

Yea, just what I wanted to do at that age, share a bed with another 18 year old guy:'):'):')

You might consider getting thermal spa passes for the guys. That way they have a decent place to shower and change

It would not be for me. Yeah, you would still have all of the out of cabin perks but the ambience and atmosphere of your suite would be totally zilch with that many people who are adults.

I think the two bedroom Haven only works for 6 when at least two are small children.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We travel on the Epic in the Haven in 3 weeks, with 3 adults (myself, husband and sister) and 2 kids (my 2 sons ages 13 and 10). But we have agreed my sister will have the 2nd bedroom and bathroom to herself, which leaves my kids in the living room.

My older son will be on the couch. My younger son says he will sleep on the floor, which is what he prefers and how he sleeps at home (why? Who knows). But I was hoping the steward can bring out the upper berth mattress from the 2nd bedroom every night and lay it on the floor for him. Does anyone know, is that even possible (I.e., can the mattress be moved)? Otherwise, I will need a set of bedding for him to put down on the floor.

We are a family of 5 and often bring along my oldest's BFF. When they were 18, we did an upsell to a Haven 2 bedroom and a Haven penthouse suite on the Getaway (we had originally booked 2 cabins and were told that we therefore needed to upsell into 2 suites even though the 6 of us could technically all fit into the 2 bedroom). Boy, was I glad we had the extra penthouse for the two girls! Not sure how 6 would have fit into the 2 bedroom - the sofa beds were not quite a full size and would have been too way tight for two people and the 2nd bedroom did not have a pull down either.

Opinions?

They can always go to the solo travellers gathering on the studio lounge to meet people.

On my sailing in June, there were plenty of 20 year olds travelling with family that joined in.

Happy cruising!

• 2 months later...
We travel on the Epic in the Haven in 3 weeks, with 3 adults (myself, husband and sister) and 2 kids (my 2 sons ages 13 and 10). But we have agreed my sister will have the 2nd bedroom and bathroom to herself, which leaves my kids in the living room.

My older son will be on the couch. My younger son says he will sleep on the floor, which is what he prefers and how he sleeps at home (why? Who knows��). But I was hoping the steward can bring out the upper berth mattress from the 2nd bedroom every night and lay it on the floor for him. Does anyone know, is that even possible (I.e., can the mattress be moved)? Otherwise, I will need a set of bedding for him to put down on the floor.

Were you able to get them bring out the upper berth mattress, or was there another solution you found? Trying to fit 4 adults and two kids in an Epic 2BR this summer without forcing any of the adults to sleep in the same room as the kids!

Lordy......my husband and I book this room for the TWO of us! Cannot imagine 6 people. I would get the cheapest additional room anywhere on the ship....as the "kids" can always come to your room to enjoy the balcony, view, etc....but for sleeping and bathroom needs? 6 is too many for this room.....unless at least two of them were very SMALL children.

We stayed in a 2br Haven as family of 4 with two young kids. I've grown up going on cruises and think teenagers are pretty easy to please. I'm sure your kids wouldn't mind any inconveniences as they would love to have friends there. I would also assume your kids and their friends are all probably pretty close. I would keep master bedroom and bath as private areas for yourself and give up living room. In my opinion we never really used living room anyway and you can always relax in suite lounge.

ive stayed in these suites twice. no way would i put 6 adults in there. we said it would be perfect for us and my 17 year old stepdaughter and that's it!

the sofa in the living room is good for one adult or two small children. the second bedroom is great for small kids or one adult. its tiny and there is no real bed.