Beer

babs135

I'm sure there are plenty of Cunarders who are partial to the odd drop of beer who would appreciate a package.

Answering the comment re Carnival ships; I would be greatly surprised and hugely disappointed if offering such a package led to drunkenness and debauchery :eek: Now if we were talking about drinking several bottles of Veuve Clicquot..... :D:D

Are there any drinks packages at all on Cunard cruises ? , can't say I saw any when booking .

Details of packages are on the Cunard website

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/drinks_package

Soft Drinks, coffee, wine but no beer !

Edited by Host Hattie

• 7 months later...

Resurrecting this post because I would love Cunard to offer a 'proper' beverage package along the line of perhaps NCL. On our recent cruise we had the package as a perk of booking and it was a real pleasure to order a drink without the worry of the cost at the end. I would add that despite the fact that the cruise was over New Year I personally did not witness any drunken behaviour

Reason for the question is that DD (who I had hoped to do a short cruise on the Victoria but who's jumped ship) is considering one on the Anthem of the Seas and it got me thinking.

Cunard is in the business of making money so wouldn't beverage packages be the way to go? We are on the Queen Elizabeth for 29 nights in January and a one off payment would really suit us.

Surely I'm not alone in thinking this?

I'm not sure. I'm not much of a drinker - seldom drink at all at home - maybe one glass a month - and only one or at very most two cocktails a night on holiday, pre dinner. Never, ever drink wine with a meal. I'm really not sure a drinks package would benefit me.

We had a drinks package with our Celebrity cruise a few years ago. We found it extremely handy. It MAY have been economical (some days more than others, and it also worked for wine at dinner and bottles of water, whenever) - but its convenience outweighed the monetary consideration. Most passengers had the package and there was no problem with drunkenness. (Granted, at the end of the evening, there WAS the occasional loud talker at the martini bar - and one night that MAY have been me - but nothing unusual or out of line)

I believe that a drinks package is sometimes offered as a promotion with some grills accommodations, but they're limited and still require signing the charge slips (which are later re-credited to the account).

It would be a nice option.

Is it acceptable to order a pint of bitter at dinner.

David

As a paying customer you are not allowed to have whatever you like. You can only have what Cunard deem acceptable. If you order a pint the head waiter will have you forcibly removed from your table.

My partner and I had the complementary drinks pacakage as part of Cunard's 175 year celebration cruise and I thought it was a good idea my good lady and myself had a couple of drinks per night nothing crazy but it was nice to not have a bill so I agree with babs135

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As a paying customer you are not allowed to have whatever you like. You can only have what Cunard deem acceptable. If you order a pint the head waiter will have you forcibly removed from your table.

If this is a serious comment then the extraordinary levels of snobbery are very unbecoming from Cunard. I trust this is a joke.

Details of packages are on the Cunard website

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/drinks_package

Soft Drinks, coffee, wine but no beer !

It was my understanding that coffee was included in the overall price at various locations onboard. What about at breakfast? Or room service? Surely they can't bring you your breakfast and charge you for the coffee?!? Some clarification from those in the know would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

If this is a serious comment then the extraordinary levels of snobbery are very unbecoming from Cunard. I trust this is a joke.

Toad is correct. Protesting bear drinkers being led out of the MDR is a common sight. CAMRA members are put ashore at the next port.

You gotta believe it.

David.

Toad is correct. Protesting bear drinkers being led out of the MDR is a common sight. CAMRA members are put ashore at the next port.

You gotta believe it.

David.

Again, I simply cannot believe that people are banned from drinking what they like. If this kind of pretentious bs makes people feel 'set apart' or 'proper' then they've clearly never mixed in genuinely decent society circles (by their blinkered standards). Where hosts are more accommodating. And people are real. I'm a very 'ordinary' person but due to my wife's connections I've mixed in with some very exclusive circles (again, by the standards lauded by those who gush at such things). And guess what? People of 'high standing' drink beer. With their dinner (oh the horror).

While I'm convinced that this is a joke, I'll be avoiding the more stuck up areas of my crossing. I was put off booking this trip for these reasons. People assured me it wasn't really full of such wide of the mark snobbery. Maybe it really is.

Again, I simply cannot believe that people are banned from drinking what they like. If this kind of pretentious bs makes people feel 'set apart' or 'proper' then they've clearly never mixed in genuinely decent society circles (by their blinkered standards). Where hosts are more accommodating. And people are real. I'm a very 'ordinary' person but due to my wife's connections I've mixed in with some very exclusive circles (again, by the standards lauded by those who gush at such things). And guess what? People of 'high standing' drink beer. With their dinner (oh the horror).

While I'm convinced that this is a joke, I'll be avoiding the more stuck up areas of my crossing. I was put off booking this trip for these reasons. People assured me it wasn't really full of such wide of the mark snobbery. Maybe it really is.

They are joking. That said, I've never seen beer being consumed at dinner in either the MDR or Queens Grill Restaurant. At lunchtime, certainly. But never at dinner. Wine seems the choice of those drinking alcohol.

However, it is a common sight at dinner on Princess. I admit I do judge people drinking beer at the dinner table. But that's because on Princess they are usually drinking Budweiser and lets face it, that's not beer. It's not even worthy of cleaning toilets!

Drink what you want. It's your holiday. But the beer should be drunk out of a cold glass and not out of the bottle.

My father sometimes orders a beer at dinner. Sure, there may be some passengers who would look down their noses, but I think that would be a minority.

My friend ordered a bottle of Doom Bar at our first 2 dinners on QV. After that, his beer was waiting while the rest of us perused the wine list.

Coffee is available free of charge at mealtimes and from room service or the buffet at other times.