How to follow QV refit?

erniebernie

Usually this depends on someone on the ship taking photos and videos and then posting them on Social Media. From there they can work their here way to CC.

When Azamara upgraded their ships there was great coverage on Social Media.

When a ship enters a drydock, the shipyard assumes full financial responsibility for the ship, so the shipyard's rules on photographing work sites apply. Sometimes you get crew posting photos on social media, and sometimes it is banned by the cruise line, or pulled from the sites, because of legal agreements with the shipyard. It comes down to liability, in that anything seen in a photo posted on social media could be used in any litigation against the shipyard. A long time CC poster, DryDock Dave, has been severely limited in his posting of shipyard photos for RCI and Carnival ships that he has worked on, for this very reason. Generally now, he uses his wife, another CC poster, to share the photos.

Yesterday I left a message on Cunard's Facebook page asking if they will be posting photos or videos of QV's progress. Today I received an answer that said, "yes, indeed, we will be posting on social media. Watch for it in the next few weeks." So, sometime soon we should be able to start seeing photos and information.

Friend Christine just got off the end of the World trip, before the refit and had this photo. QV in Southampton as workers unload containers of things for the refit. Those who followed her progress to Sicily say they were in a hurry to get there, traveling at 21+ knots most of the way.

1322406717_QV5-5-17UKsm.jpg.e2d11aa159108faecaec2b5cb1226b4f.jpg

Ah they install the " Queen Elisabeth back" - a few more cabins - a bit more money for Carnvial- well I suppose QV can cope with the added passengers! I hope Cunard does not get any ideas about changing QM2 that way and spoil the nice " back" of QM2!

Ah they install the " Queen Elisabeth back" - a few more cabins - a bit more money for Carnvial- well I suppose QV can cope with the added passengers! I hope Cunard does not get any ideas about changing QM2 that way and spoil the nice " back" of QM2!

"...a bit more money for Carnvial..."

And us shareholders GermanCruiser. :D

thanks for posting, i dont have access to Facebook... its a pity we will also lose the Cunardia museum, I enjoy the odd look through its display case...

I obviously haven't checked the new deck plans carefully enough, what is going in Cunardia's place ?

So what is going where the future cruise office was? We have looked at the plans for after the refit and there is no Chart Room marked and Cunardia is still there.

Does anyone have a link to the correct post re fit plans?

So what is going where the future cruise office was? We have looked at the plans for after the refit and there is no Chart Room marked and Cunardia is still there.

Does anyone have a link to the correct post re fit plans?

To be precise, the Future Cruise Office is moving to where the duty free alcohol and cigarettes were sold,.next to the Queen's Arcade rather than the actual walk through Cunardia exhibition area.

The Chart room is moving next to the champagne bar, sort of sharing the area with Cafe Carinthia, deck 2.