Mitsugirly takes great PRIDE in bringing her Spring Break extreme review

mitsugirly

I will also be staying at BW elksridge! !! Can u please elaborate more about your check in experience?

You were in fact able to sign up for a shuttle upon check in? And had no problem leaving to the port at the time u wanted?

We stayed there in September and they asked us to sign up for the shuttle at check-in. The driver was even back from the previous shuttle run a little early so we go going earlier as we were out there trying to get everything together (9 of us total with 2 babies and their gear). Great hotel.

I was still busy taking it all in and I turned around and seen the hubby leave our camp and head toward the pirate ship. I thought either a) he needed to find the restroom or b) he needed to find a drink or c) he was out looking how to rent the cabana. (c won)

He walked down to the last cabana and I watch him walk up the steps with everyone at the cabana kinda starring at him in amazement like he was invading their space (and he was unknowingly) and I'm sitting here thinking "can he honestly think this is a restroom or something?". I see them point toward the pirate ship. Ahhh, I bet he felt silly. LOL

I decided to get out of the water for a few and get a drink.

**I came up with a brilliant idea...after so many years of cruising I'm not sure why I hadn't thought of this before... but I have a small material cooler, that I have always used when I go out to the pool or to the park for our pop. I decided I would take this along with us this time, take some plastic baggies, have the room steward (who graciously filled both baggies each morning with ice for us for the port) fill the bags with ice, put 4 pops in the cooler and put the ice in the bags around it (eliminating any melting and dripping inside the cooler). We had free drinks for the day. GO ME! They stayed ICE COLD all day long and when we were done with the cooler, we threw the rest of the ice out and the cooler actually folds up and velcros real small and back in our bag it goes. BRILLIANT I TELL YA! I will be doing this from now on on every cruise and save $$!!!****

So anyhow, I'm getting a drink and waiting for the hubby to return so that I can make fun of him for going into someone's cabana. Now here's where things get hairy and I start to lose my cool....

A kid comes over to me (around 7 years old or so) and says "You have to rent these cabanas". Um...ok. Which is what I said and then said "thank you". He stood there starring at me. I said "Do you need something else?" He said "You need to go find the person to rent this cabana." Um...ok again. Who is this kid? The cabana police? I said "My husband is doing that but thanks for your concern." He continued to say it over and over a few times...so at this point I'm getting a little perturbed with him and I just started saying "THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! Are you done?" So he walked away.

He went back to his family who had a bunch of people both adults and kids that had taken up the first few rows of chairs down by the beach. I see the father get up and look at me. :confused: What the heck? He's walking my way. He repeats what his son said. At this point I'm more than tired of this lecture and I say "Can you tell me why this is any of your concern? My husband has been trying to rent one since we sat down. He has ask several employees and he went looking for someone...Now tell me why this concerns you and why are you making it your business what we are doing?" His reply is "Because we just rented this one a minute ago." UM OK.....Now I'm more than hot and I'm about to lose my temper and that doesn't happen often when on vacation...my happy go lucky is not so happy go lucky now. :mad: So of course at this point I have a firm mean voice going and I say "OUT OF ALL.....(pointing profusely) these cabana's up and down this beach and all these located right here (about 5-6 of them) YOU decided to pick the ONE that WE are sitting at and have already set up our things???" We had our bags there, our towels on the chairs, our snorkeling equipment all over pulled out, our cooler out, suntan lotion out and was all comfortable and THIS is the cabana he decided he wanted??? Seriously? How f'n rude! The cabana beside us to the left wasn't good enough? Or the one after that? Or the cabana on the right wasn't good enough? Or any after that? There wasn't ANYONE in ANY of them. But NO, he wanted OURS!!! His reply was "well, we just paid for THIS one and I have my receipt." I let him know how pissed off I was and said whatever...I'll move over one, but you won't be happy.

The hubby came back with his paid receipt for the cabana and the guy ask us which we wanted and we moved over just 1...which actually was a better location because we could now see down the pathway between the chairs to the water easier and set up camp AGAIN.

The family that purchased the cabana brought some of their things over and the little boy that first approached me to let me know "the rules" sat in the chair beside me and faced me starring the entire time. At one point he said "What's that?" when I was messing with something and just starred. Seriously annoying. I took our blowed up raft and wedged it between our cabanas to block him off a little. Most of the time they continued to stay down at all the chairs they had saved by the water. Obviously these are the chair hogs of the ship as well.

Now I'm usually a pretty easy going person, most know that about me, but when you do something like this...I'm sorry, it's rude, it's not nice and that makes me not nice.

Ok, end of rant and we are set up at our new camp.

P4090045%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

Back to enjoying the view.

P4090044%20copy-M.jpg

Back to playing in the water

P4090032%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

P4090053%20copy-M.jpg

Hmm, I have something in my signature line that shows the ship picture and it says : 1 month 1 week and 6 days until our Dawn to Bermuda cruise on it. :confused:

Thanks for commenting and glad you are enjoying the review. More coming up later today. :)

Oh my goodness! I was so busy reading everything else, I never noticed that:eek:

Walking around the grounds.

P4090133%20copy-M.jpg

P4090136%20copy-M.jpg

P4090134%20copy-M.jpg

I headed back to our new camp and told the hubby it was time to eat and I had found where they are serving food while I was out walking around. Sakari was more than ready to eat and had already ask us several times already about it.

We kept hearing a rooster cockadoodledoo and we headed that way.

P4090137%20copy-M.jpg

P4090139%20copy-M.jpg

One of the MANY areas to eat at. The one thing I really liked about this place was so many area's to eat in, it felt secluded and had nice landscaping around it. The only problem was that if you didn't pay attention to where you were sitting, you would get lost getting back....and I did.

P4090140%20copy-M.jpg

There were plenty of chickens running around (is this lunch?) and they had chicks running around as well. One got lost from it's momma and Sakari was there to rescue it.

P4090152%20copy-M.jpg

P4090153%20copy-M.jpg

The buffet area. Lots of sections for many lines.

P4090155%20copy-M.jpg

P4090156%20copy-M.jpg

P4090157%20copy-M.jpg

P4090158%20copy-M.jpg

P4090159%20copy-M.jpg

P4090160%20copy-M.jpg

We got our plates loaded with food and headed to an area to eat, winding our way to the perfect spot.

P4090161%20copy-M.jpg

The chickens came over and of course Sakari had to feed them.

P4090163%20copy-M.jpg

Now the food was "ok" but the hamburgers were just not good. I don't know what it was about them but the texture was just weird to me. Was I use to Guys? Sakari bit into hers (and she's a hamburger freak) and this was the result...I about gagged.

P4090165%20copy-M.jpg

At one point I decided to go back to one of the many drink stations and Sakari wanted me to grab some more of the yummy cookies.

P4090166%20copy-M.jpg

Well, that would be the time I discovered that I had went down the winding path to...I don't know. I was lost. Every turn I made was the wrong shelter. It took me awhile, but I finally made it back. Whew.

After our bellies were full we headed back to our camp and then out to the water.

I thought it was really weird that we had been there for a good 3+ hours and never ran into Kendra yet. I just KNEW she had probably got off the tender, hit the beach and stopped where she seen the kiddie water park area and planted it.

I told the hubby I wanted to go for "a walk". My intentions were to head that way and attempt to find her. We no more got a good 20' away and there she was walking down the beach looking for us. Yep, I was right, she set up camp right by the kids park as I had thought. I just knew it! She said she had walked all the way past us before and never seen us. I informed her that it was lunch time and we had just eaten and she decided to head up there to grab a few plates for her and Brayden and bring them back to the camp.

Meanwhile, we entertained the kids in the water some more.

P4090002%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

P4090008%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

Sakari blowing heart bubbles in the water

P4090013%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

P4090016%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

Brayden and the fish

P4090018%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

P4090022%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

I really wish we had decided to take pictures of us and the ship in the background when we first got there. It would have made for such a nice picture. But now the beaches and the water was crowded.

P4090026%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

P4090028%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

P4090006%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

P4090029%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

P4090035%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

Since Kendra and Braydens thing were still down at their camp, Brayden didn't have his goggles and I had let him borrow mine. I decided I would take a selfie in the water...only with sunglasses on. How many people have this kinda picture? LOL

P4090039%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

It was beyond crowded now...

P4090044%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

I had told the hubby that I would really like to spend some of our time prior to returning to the ship over by the kiddie water park area. I knew Sakari would like it...and well, I seen some ROCKS over there at the wall. hehe You all know what I'm thinking....snorkel time.

We headed that way.

The kids headed for the water slide. It didn't work any better than the one on the ship. Just saying...

P4090046%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

This one worked a lot better.

P4090050%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

P4090052%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

P4090054%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

P4090057%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

I'm finally caught up! :p:D As usual, you are doing a great job and have posted some truly stunning pictures. I really loved the ones you took on the conch graveyard side in Grand Turk. Next time I'm there, I must go over and check it out. :)

Heather

Sakari helping some random lady on the beach dig her way to China. The hole was pretty deep.

P4090078%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

Kendra on round 2 of the Easter bunny creation. She decided to try a 3D version.

P4090082%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

You see that wall? I knew it was calling my name.

P4090063%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

There were little crabs in the holes that liked to play hide and seek with you. They won every time. Nope, I didn't get any pictures of not one of them.

P4090064%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

P4090083%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

Our fishes following us as they always do everywhere we go.

P4090087%20copy-M.jpg

On to the snorkeling. Now I really really ended up liking this area. I liked it so much by the end of the day that I had almost wished we had just stayed in this area the entire time. I'm sure I probably would have felt differently had I actually been there from the beginning because I'm sure that most people get off the tender and do just that...pick that spot and stop. I can only imagine how crowded it probably was in the beginning.

P4090088%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

P4090091%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

P4090095%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

P4090100%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

P4090099%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg

P4090101%20%282%29%20copy-M.jpg