Port Canaveral Accomodations

SAHMof3

What hotel (that's decent) is the closest hotel to the actual beach? So many advertise "beach front" but actually are several hundred feet from the beach and if you go on certain sites and look at actual customer photos you can see that the ocean is waaaaay back there even though some people pay for "ocean front" rooms. I booked a room at Hampton and paid extra for "ocean view" room. However, the photos look far away. Thinking about changing hotels. We are staying two nights prior to cruise in late May of this year.

You are correct about the beach hotel locations! Fortunately most of the time you are just a block or so from the beach and some rooms offer ocean views from a distance - here is the Hampton Inn seen from the beach...

Hampton-Inn-View-from-the-beach.jpg

Hampton-Inn-Location.jpg

Many are located alongside the busy route A1A instead of beach side. Be aware the beach has vegetation-covered dunes to protect against hurricanes and your room has to be on the 3rd-level or higher for views.

Best Western Cocoa Beach : Ask for the oceanfront block and a top-floor room.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Oceanfront: Ask for the east-facing oceanfront top-floor rooms but you also have clear ocean views from the poolside rooms. In fact, the best Pier views are from the upper poolside rooms.

Holiday Inn Club : The main building north-facing and the oceanfront rooms have clear views of the cruise ships near the Port entrance! Note – it is a big resort and the oceanfront areas are some distance from the main building. The hotel offers shuttles to/from the main complex.

Doubletree by Hilton Oceanfront : Most of the rooms have ocean views. Ask for one of the east-facing rooms on a high floor for the widest view.

Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront : Many of the south-facing rooms have ocean views. Ask for one of the east-facing rooms on a high floor for the widest view.

International Palms Resort: The one bedroom suites (top floor) and Premium rooms one floor below have very nice views.

Ocean Landings Resort: The C and D blocks have oceanfront views. Choose floors 5, 4 or 3 for the most expansive views.

Inn at Cocoa Beach : Not the usual hotel but an Inn. All the Ocean View rooms offer sea views but ask to be as high as possible for the most expansive vistas.

Edited by SteerageJoe

Thank you so much for this input! It helps me a lot.

Which of these would you say is the closest to the beach or are they all about the same distance?

Is Hampton more off the beach (like I was thinking)?

And, which would you say the best overall? I saw that small inn you mentioned and it looks beautiful actually but they don't facilitate more than two people in a room (we have two older teens).

Thanks everyone! You were all so helpful. We changed reservation from Hampton Inn to La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocean Front. Super excited! Hope to beat most of the cruise crowd and get a good room as we will come in Friday night instead of Saturday (cruise leaves on Sunday).

Thanks everyone! You were all so helpful. We changed reservation from Hampton Inn to La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocean Front. Super excited! Hope to beat most of the cruise crowd and get a good room as we will come in Friday night instead of Saturday (cruise leaves on Sunday).

I emailed them and requested a high floor room because I couldn't remember if I had noted it on my initial reservation. Got top floor. Awesome view and nice room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Does the La Quinta have park and cruise packages? I am looking for something where we can leave the car while we cruise?

Kathy

I don't think they do because their parking lot is pretty small but they do have a Facebook page and you could message them on there to find out for sure.

International Palms is one of the few hotels that is actually ON the beach, with a beach bar and direct access and and

it is not NEW but has been remodeled since being rebranded. It was previously the Cocoa Beach Holiday Inn Resort.

They have a large main pool and a large kids pool and a couple of restaurants and bars on site with options a short walk away.

Does Hampton Inn offer shuttle to ship? Are there many restaurants in walking distance of hotel? Just booked Hampton Inn for night before cruise. Also figuring out most cost efficient way to get from MCO to hotel for 4 people.

While the area is very safe to walk, there is not much nearby. The closest best restaurant is Brano’s a few blocks to the north. Near Brano’s are fast food restaurants Taco Bell, Long John Silvers and a Waffle House.

If you want to walk about 8 blocks to the north (passing Brano’s on your left) you will find more restaurants, hotels, mini-golf and the famous Ron Jon Surf Shop.

Hampton-Inn-Location.jpg

Shuttles are included in cruise packages. Just book your time at check in.

Hampton-Inn-Shuttle.jpg