"LIVE" from MSC Divina - May 28, 2016

Radio

Have a safe flight Mark! Sending positive vibes :)

Ginger

Thanks Ginger. . . Should be leaving soon.

Radio

045d1bff3d6e7764beb501afd4b42472.jpg

50f9705c3d4cad07c512bad924d20393.jpg

d90b5eb1a22b31998314cd4ffdb9732b.jpg

Sent from my LG G4

Radio, You made my day!! Your reviews have helped me immensely in the past. My husband asked me the other day if Radio ever did a "live" on the Divina!!! We'll be following along. We are on the Divina in July.

Have a wonderful cruise!

For you MSC folks who don't know Radio, he's well known on other boards and does excellent live reports.

Welcome to South Florida ! We will be on the Divina starting Saturday as well, it's our 2nd time on the ship and in the YC. Loved it last time, high hopes for a repeat, enjoy the cruise, look forward to comparing notes.

Hello everyone . . . I have arrived in Miami. Whew. . . I must say, I never thought I would be flying again. This is the first flight I have completed since March 2001. I usually drive or take the train to cruise ports. I know, I know . . . It is much cheaper to fly and I get to my port city quickly. It was a smooth flight, and I was able to get a good deal on a 1st Class ticket with American Airlines. The crew was very friendly, and I won’t be as nervous when I fly back next week.

After I claimed my luggage, it was a long walk to the MIA Mover. This is a 1.25-mile-long automated people mover system between MIA and the Miami Rental Car Center. The mover only takes about 3 minutes to get the rental center. It didn’t take too long to drive from the Airport to the Hotel (15 min) as the traffic wasn’t too bad.

I am staying at the beautiful Marriott Miami Biscayne Bay in downtown Miami. I was able to get a room facing the port of Miami. The weather this afternoon is sunny and hot. . . I love it. I was in heaven when I saw there was an Illy Café here at the Marriott. I enjoyed a wonderful Illy Espresso Americano. I predict I will be there a few times before I leave.

Tomorrow I will be able to see Norwegian Sky, Enchantment of the Seas, and Carnival Fantasy sail away. I will chill out tonight, and tomorrow my plans are to simply rest and maybe watch the news for a few hours while lounging at the pool. I may run over to a local Publix to grab a few items. I will be meeting with a few friends that will be joining me for a pre cruise dinner tomorrow night.

Here are a few pics from today . . . Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

I can see the Port of Miami

MP1.JPG

I am on my way to the Hotel

MP12.JPG

My home for a couple nights

MP10.JPG

I am happy that Empress of the Seas is back in Miami

MP5.JPG

My pre Divina Press Room

MP8.JPG

I have a good view . . .

MP9.JPG

Here are a few more pics. . .

Radio

;);)

I really liked the MIA Mover

MP3.JPG

I think all airports should use this system

MIAM.JPG

Image Courtesy of Miami International Airport © Steven Brooke Studio

Carnival Splendor was here today also (She left at around 6:30). . . Empress of the Seas is scheduled to leave here on Saturday

MP4.JPG

Edited by Radio

Really looking forward to your review! My family and I are sailing for the first time on Divina/Yacht Club on July 30th sailing. Was planning on paying it forward with a review of my own as I've benefitted and appreciated so much the reviews that others have left.

Have a great time! Really looking forward to sipping some of that coffee!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you Radio for doing this live review. I have read many of your other reviews and they are so informative! You are one if my favorite writers.

My two sisters and I will be on the Divina in the YC next April. It's still a while away but it's going to be fun doing the research since this will be the first time on MSC for us as well. We are really looking forward to learning more and enjoying a different cruise line. Have a wonderful trip and thanks for taking us with you!

Annie

Edited by annietownsend

Good morning from Miami . . .

Radio

Marriott Lobby

86c25696b8b26ac2c1beb2cde58751dc.jpg

I am happy that illy Cafe opens at 5:30 AM

6f20870444483160690624e5ea405b69.jpg

I will have breakfast here later

fd7c5a4ce5e4388f4866411de6af0cff.jpg

The line up for Friday is Norwegian Sky, Carnival Fantasy, Enchantment of the Seas, and Empress of the Seas

9f3d830ec4b8478e79e14f06fca0fc7b.jpg

The sun is coming up strong today

82073d45978efad9f56fbb783571f0b9.jpg

Sent from my LG G4

Morning Mark!

I just noticed that you are sailing on Harmony next May....I'm sailing on her next February. Oh how I wish you were on her before me so I could have an excellent preview ;):D I just realized how selfish that sounds....but I know I can always trust your pictures and reviews! It's so nice to live vicariously through you and a few other fantastic people who are willing to share their vacations with us. So very much appreciated!

Have a great day in Miami - it's going to be a hot, sunny day back in MD too.

A Radio Review!!!! So excited to read this!

Mark, do you get the Surf and Stream package or just the Surf package?

My DH & I leave TODAY to fly to London to board the Navigator on Monday.

Thank you Radio for doing this live review. I have read many of your other reviews and they are so informative! You are one if my favorite writers. >SNIP<

Annie

Wow Annie, Thanks for the nice comments. . . your check is in the mail ;)

Radio

;);)

Morning Mark!

>SNIP< I know I can always trust your pictures and reviews! It's so nice to live vicariously through you and a few other fantastic people who are willing to share their vacations with us. So very much appreciated!

Have a great day in Miami - it's going to be a hot, sunny day back in MD too.

That is very nice of you to say. . . I hope that my wireless connection onboard will allow me to post many photos and commentary. Thanks again for the nice comments.

Radio

;);)

Me too. I even put a reminder in the calendar on my phone "May 28 - Radio / Divina"

Yes, Thanks Yorkvillian. . . May 28th is coming up soon. . . Tomorrow :D

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio

That is very nice of you to say. . . I hope that my wireless connection onboard will allow me to post many photos and commentary. Thanks again for the nice comments.

Radio

;);)

You're best wifi signal onboard MSC Divina will be in and around the public areas of the ship,,,

You're best wifi signal onboard MSC Divina will be in and around the public areas of the ship,,,

Great Mike. . .Thanks for the nice tip !

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio