Semi *LIVE* from the Emerald!

socaljo

Hi Jo,

It's me, Tracy, from the Crown SA cruise in January! Have a fabulous cruise (with none of the "issues" we had in January!), will be following your Semi-Live enviously. We don't sail again until Nov '18....on the Royal down to the ABC Islands. That will be our "make up" cruise from SA!

Cheers,

Tracy

Hi Tracy!! How the heck are you?? We had a great cruise! No issues once we got sailing, other than it went by too quickly! ;p

Mike and I are doing a TA in April 2018 on the Regal! And he's insisting (twisting my arm...) that I do a couple more small cruises to get me to Elite by the time we do his retirement cruise the following spring, the 28 day hawaii, tahiti, etc! It's hard work to be the one to make Elite....but if I must...;p:D:')

SocialJo,

I'm just curious about the nightlife above decks at the outdoor bar areas. On some recent cruises aboard NCL, the pool bar area was shut down by 8:30 or so! That left the only bars open down below deck. Are the outdoor venues open late in the evening aboard the Emerald Princess?

Thom

Hi Thom

The Calypso Bar (by the pools on 15) is open till Midnight according to the Patter. Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Hello friends! We're back from a wonderful experience! My pal had an awesome first cruise! She's hooked! It was so sweet to watch her see the Piazza for the 1st time, mouth agape and head swiveling, trying to take it all in!

Our initial internet glitch that delayed our sailing was the only issue, sail-away in the dark isn't quite the same... Our cabin C102 and our cabin stewardess, Tania, were both wonderful. We had late trad dining in the Botticelli dining room, Jeckiriz "Jack", and his ever-smiling assistant took great care in making sure we were all satisfied with our selections. Even kindly interrupting us, to get our orders, because we were all yakking so much, he couldn't find a break in the conversations! Obviously we had fun table-mates too!

We only did one trivia, my pal was getting worn out, I only sleep a max of 6 hours, and never expected her to do the same (I'm good at dressing quickly & getting out with my Kindle, to allow my cabin-mate to sleep like normal people do). By the 3rd morning of getting up with me, she fell asleep after breakfast, unintentionally. I came & went for 3 hrs, checking on her, adding to the note I'd left her. But at 3 hrs, that's it, Nap Time is OVER! ;p She couldn't believe she'd slept that long, I laughed & said, "Yes, having this much fun is HARD work!"

She joined in the Adult Pool Game competition that Dave (the CD) ran. He is hilarious, and it was a scream to watch the games! She had a blast. I also introduced her to my new favorite drink that I'd had on the Royal this summer (darn you, Ferdi (on the Royal) for suggesting that yummy one to me!) It's called a Milky Way, Grey Goose, Bailey's & Kahlua, with a little chocolate syrup decorating the frosted martini glass. How do I spell decadent now??? M-I-L-K-Y- W-A-Y! :')

Unfortunately, I must continue this in a few hours. DH had to deal with a house flood while we were gone, contractors will be back here shortly, it's only the beginning of the fun around here...up next, will be our Cabo time experiences!

Back again! We had a great time in Cabo! We did the ship tour, Horseback Riding on the Beach. Less than 20 of us. The horses were in good shape, they don't "shoe" horses there, so their hooves showed cracks, but otherwise seemed healthy & well cared for. This is from my cabinmate, Terri, who owned her own horse until about 10 years ago. Anyway, it's your typical ride in a line, through a scenic desert area and down to the beach then down that deserted sandy beach for a nice long ride. The ride lasted a total of an hour & 20 mins. The best part though, they put Terri (knowing she'd owned a horse) on their most spirited horse - which insisted on being the lead horse. Later, as we were on the beach, she was riding alongside the front guide & asked "so, now what?" He told her to have fun & she was allowed to take off with that horse for a solo ride about 1/4 mile ahead of us down the beach! The guide turned to me & asked if I wanted to join her, knowing we were together, I said, Heck, no! I'm happy & safe in this line! ;p It did my heart such good, we've been friends more than a couple of decades & I know how much she has missed her horse! It was as though she was on her own private beach on her own horse...just a wonderful day!

We had dinner in Cabo & went back to the ship exhausted. We returned the next morning to do some shopping & managed to find some things to buy. The Arts & Crafts Market near the port should be named "Every Mexican Souvenir You Could Ever Want" vs arts & crafts...but it fit the bill for us! Something for everyone!

I'm so pleased she loved every minute of the entire cruise! Always need another cruise buddy! We're going to get our other 2 close friends on board next year with us!

Thanks for following along! DH and are are doing the TA on the Regal in April '18...grab a cabin and come along!! :D

Hi Tracy!! How the heck are you?? We had a great cruise! No issues once we got sailing, other than it went by too quickly! ;p

Mike and I are doing a TA in April 2018 on the Regal! And he's insisting (twisting my arm...) that I do a couple more small cruises to get me to Elite by the time we do his retirement cruise the following spring, the 28 day hawaii, tahiti, etc! It's hard work to be the one to make Elite....but if I must...;p:D:')

We're doing well, thanks! If you need a cruise buddy to help get you to Elite...I'm ready to help...lol! Glad you enjoyed your cruise with your long time pal! Sounds like it was an awesome time! Will keep an eye out for your future posts as you cruise to Elite!

Happy Thanksgiving,

Tracy

Back again! We had a great time in Cabo! We did the ship tour, Horseback Riding on the Beach. Less than 20 of us. The horses were in good shape, they don't "shoe" horses there, so their hooves showed cracks, but otherwise seemed healthy & well cared for. This is from my cabinmate, Terri, who owned her own horse until about 10 years ago. Anyway, it's your typical ride in a line, through a scenic desert area and down to the beach then down that deserted sandy beach for a nice long ride. The ride lasted a total of an hour & 20 mins. The best part though, they put Terri (knowing she'd owned a horse) on their most spirited horse - which insisted on being the lead horse. Later, as we were on the beach, she was riding alongside the front guide & asked "so, now what?" He told her to have fun & she was allowed to take off with that horse for a solo ride about 1/4 mile ahead of us down the beach! The guide turned to me & asked if I wanted to join her, knowing we were together, I said, Heck, no! I'm happy & safe in this line! ;p It did my heart such good, we've been friends more than a couple of decades & I know how much she has missed her horse! It was as though she was on her own private beach on her own horse...just a wonderful day!

We had dinner in Cabo & went back to the ship exhausted. We returned the next morning to do some shopping & managed to find some things to buy. The Arts & Crafts Market near the port should be named "Every Mexican Souvenir You Could Ever Want" vs arts & crafts...but it fit the bill for us! Something for everyone!

I'm so pleased she loved every minute of the entire cruise! Always need another cruise buddy! We're going to get our other 2 close friends on board next year with us!

Thanks for following along! DH and are are doing the TA on the Regal in April '18...grab a cabin and come along!! :D

Hello, can you tell me where this market is, when you get off the tender do you turn right or left?[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

SocialJo,

I'm just curious about the nightlife above decks at the outdoor bar areas. On some recent cruises aboard NCL, the pool bar area was shut down by 8:30 or so! That left the only bars open down below deck. Are the outdoor venues open late in the evening aboard the Emerald Princess?

Thom

The outside areas on the lido deck later in the evening tend to be deserted. Princess has the huge jumbo screen mounted over the Calypso pool labeled Movies Under the Stars (MUTS) where they show a first run movie twice each night generally at 7 and 10 PM. The Calypso bar will be open but there will be the movie playing and the sound. Only the movie fans will be there for obvious reasons with their popcorn laying on loungers with some in PJs.

Most pax go to the several music venues on deck 7 at night. Skywalker's is open from 10 PM on where they have a DJ, dance floor and full bar service until the wee hours of the morning. It is on deck 18 near the aft of the ship.

One night they try to have a deck party around the Calypso pool weather permitting which is a lot of fun. We just left the Ruby on Saturday after a B2B 2 week sail.

• 1 month later...
Did they require you to wear helmets on the horseback ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Helmets were an option, a waiver had to be signed to ride without. We both rode without them. It was the best "ride in a line" experience I've had!