Southampton Harbour Hotel

Florry

Cumberland Place is on the northern edge of the city centre in Southampton, overlooking West (or Watts) Park. It is a 5 - 10 minute cab ride to the Cruise Terminals and about a 10 minute walk from the Railway Station. Premier Inn bought the old Southampton Park Hotel to redevelop it.

Cumberland Place is on the northern edge of the city centre in Southampton, overlooking West (or Watts) Park. It is a 5 - 10 minute cab ride to the Cruise Terminals and about a 10 minute walk from the Railway Station. Premier Inn bought the old Southampton Park Hotel to redevelop it.

Thank you - I think I saw a hotel called "Southampton Park" when I was looking on google maps! Most helpful.

Is that the one between the Mayflower Theatre and the Grosvenor Multi-storey car park? It was still being worked on last month.

Very interesting thread. Slightly off topic I'm looking at Premier Inn for June and the West Quay one we really like is booked up.

On looking at the Premier Inn website there is one called "city centre" which doesn't look very central bearing in mind we are being dropped off so won't have a car. There is a brand new one called just "southampton|" that doesn't even show up on google maps yet! That looks like a better location for us.

Do any of you who know Southampton well know anything about it? It wasn't on the list when I booked for my Feb cruise! It's on Cumberland Place if that helps.

City centre Premier Inn is about 10 minute walk to town centre. You'll need a taxi to get to the port.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

I think you may have been misinformed there are a number of pubs and eating places in that area and Oxford street with its many restaurants is only 10 minutes away. The High Street is 17 minutes away.

Not exactly out of the way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I guess you must have been commenting on my post Dai. We did a day cruise from the marina a few months ago (they have been kicked out from there now). We couldn't see lots of places to eat around the marina..just lots of flats going up. ref walking distances..must admit with my dodgy knees my times may be longer, but it is a walk. Most people seem to want places closer by, if they don't wish to eat in the hotel.

I guess you must have been commenting on my post Dai. We did a day cruise from the marina a few months ago (they have been kicked out from there now). We couldn't see lots of places to eat around the marina..just lots of flats going up. ref walking distances..must admit with my dodgy knees my times may be longer, but it is a walk. Most people seem to want places closer by, if they don't wish to eat in the hotel.

Our deal includes dinner so we had not looked before but google maps shows a few eating places.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think this is what I like the least about it ---

-Generally very hip and trendy, won’t let you in to the hotel or venues inside the hotel if your name isn’t on the list (lots of unhappy people milling around, letting the staff know how much they are worth when unable to get into the bar). I think they are trying to create something exclusive so people are desperate to be seen there emoji849.png

I am sorry any hotel that behaves like this really is all about the "show" and there are better situated hotels surrounded by a lot nearer eating places , for the cruise terminals.

Do post back how you found it Dai...I would like to know.

Luckily we do not need to stay in hotels in Southampton now.

Very interesting thread. Slightly off topic I'm looking at Premier Inn for June and the West Quay one we really like is booked up.

On looking at the Premier Inn website there is one called "city centre" which doesn't look very central bearing in mind we are being dropped off so won't have a car. There is a brand new one called just "southampton|" that doesn't even show up on google maps yet! That looks like a better location for us.

Do any of you who know Southampton well know anything about it? It wasn't on the list when I booked for my Feb cruise! It's on Cumberland Place if that helps.

I tried to book the Premier in for one night in June but it was full. If you booked for 2 nights covering the one you want then it's available. someone mentioned on another group that if you book them both and then ring to cancel the one you don't want you should be able to get it. It was too late for me as I had already booked the Holiday Inn. I don't mind either to be honest but I usually just go for the cheaper option. x