What is the first food you look forward to?

crusinpsychRN

Also from the Midwest originally before moving to Florida. Also love seafood, but 2 apps and 2 entrees isn’t greedy. They used to have lobster, and then I ate all the lobster and now they don’t have lobster anymore

The food I am looking most forward to is a shrimp taco from Blue Iguana with habanero salsa as soon as I board

Carnival still has lobster in the Mdr

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

Also from the Midwest originally before moving to Florida. Also love seafood, but 2 apps and 2 entrees isn’t greedy. They used to have lobster, and then I ate all the lobster and now they don’t have lobster anymore

The food I am looking most forward to is a shrimp taco from Blue Iguana with habanero salsa as soon as I board

Thank you, kindred spirit! ;)

And yes, those shrimp tacos were AMAZING. Wish I had been smart enough to try them when I 1st boarded my last cruise... didn't try them until lunch the next day:(

I am so hungry right now. This thread is not helping...

I look forward to trying the smoke oysters in the Steakhouse. This is our first reservation there; after seeing the new menu, I am ready!

AND of course I can't wait to get my remedies at the Alchemy Bar!!!

Pastrami Rueben from the Lido deli at embarkation lunch and then the Seared Scallops on Rissoto appetizer in the MDR. Then there's the Surf and Turf with Bernaise Sauce in the Steakhouse. Oh my, the list could go on and on........

Apparently Splendor doesn't have Guy's or Blue Iguana. I think I'll be looking for the deli for a nice corned beef sandwich with a coke. and a view. What a great way to begin a cruise, good food, drink and a view. Oh, and the people watching, love the people watching.

First thing I normally get is a kiss on the lips as soon as I’m on the ship

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our room stewards have never been that friendly.

Well crooooze, apparently you're not booking the right ship.:D

tough choice...probably guy's. I've been losing weight on a contest with some people online...down almost 20 pounds in about 7 weeks. I hope to keep it going til we cruise in about 3 weeks... So when we get on, i'm going to mow down a burger...maybe 2....and then go to blue iguana lol....

tough choice...probably guy's. I've been losing weight on a contest with some people online...down almost 20 pounds in about 7 weeks. I hope to keep it going til we cruise in about 3 weeks... So when we get on, i'm going to mow down a burger...maybe 2....and then go to blue iguana lol....

congrats on the weight loss. But please please take this from someone who has lost and gained and lost and gained and lost and still stuggling with it all.....have your guy burger, but try to stick to one. and just know that after weight loss, when you revert to old eating ways, you will gain it all back fast, and likely will be heavier then when you started your weight loss.

sorry, don't mean to rain on your pre cruise joy and anticipation. Eat, and enjoy, but please do so wisely. Sorry again, off my soap box now.

congrats on the weight loss. But please please take this from someone who has lost and gained and lost and gained and lost and still stuggling with it all.....have your guy burger, but try to stick to one. and just know that after weight loss, when you revert to old eating ways, you will gain it all back fast, and likely will be heavier then when you started your weight loss.

sorry, don't mean to rain on your pre cruise joy and anticipation. Eat, and enjoy, but please do so wisely. Sorry again, off my soap box now.

no problem ;) i'm used to eating pretty light now my eyes are bigger than my stomach.

I will never understand all the love for Guy F.'s food. I put it barely above McDonald's. Crap. It's like with people who prefer backyard gas grills over charcoal.

Hopefully, Carnival will come to its' senses like the fine people of NYC did.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/04/good-riddance-to-guy-fieris-times-square-tourist-trap/

If you want a great burger, better than Five Guys and Smashburger, try WholeFoods burgers at lunch for $7.

14 days and I'm on the Miracle and this thread has me thinking of all the fresh dishes...we've discovered it's much tastier if made fresh...like Mongolian Wok, Omelets, Blue Iguana....and I have this love for the banana pie..I can't remember exactly what it's called but it has one carmelized slice of banana on top and it is TO DIE FOR. And the huevos rancheros and the mac and cheese on sea brunch day inspire me to make sure I'm in the MDR for breakfast when they open. OMGOSH. I can't wait...lol..now I'm hungry!

I know the food varies in Lido, but why would the sea day brunch in the MDR be that much more special than the buffett? Just wondering why people think so, but know I am going to experience the difference when my cruise finally gets here.

My first cruise, I did not know the MDR was open for brunch/lunch.

I am a bit of a Foodie, and I was mostly disgusted at the Lido brunch, although I admit I did not wait in the longer "fresh food" lines.

My experience: the MDR brunch is MUCH BETTER than most of the slop on Lido. I can't say all the slop because I only experienced one cruise where I ate brunch on Lido, and I would never do it again, but I have heard others say you just need to know which lines to get into - that some Lido food is better than others - and there is probably truth to that.

Nevertheless, I prefer the better food and better service in MDR for sea days.

If you insist on crisp bacon and other want-to-haves, they will gladly make sure you get what you want in MDR.

I know the food varies in Lido, but why would the sea day brunch in the MDR be that much more special than the buffett? Just wondering why people think so, but know I am going to experience the difference when my cruise finally gets here.

For one thing you won't find a cooked to order filet mignon on the lido buffet.

I think Alot of people like it because it seems like going out to a pay venue. Hard to explain but for us we use our free drink coupons, have steak and eggs or fruit loop French toast :) We look forward to it every cruise. If you can make sure to make it to afternoon tea as well. We look forward to that as well its not fancy just a cup of tea some scones and sweets with some finger sandwiches

We liked it Alot when they had a short comedy show right in the venue while we ate brunch

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

It's almost like night and day. You have a nice sit-down meal, the service during sea-day brunch is usually pretty fast, and you can customize your order the way you like. Not to mention, the food is really good. I'll add my praise to the earlier poster who mentioned the steak and eggs. Yum! It was my favorite steak during the trip.