What is the first food you look forward to?

crusinpsychRN

Guy's burgers...they are one of my absolute favorite foods on board and even my son (who is mostly vegetarian) loves them.

I say "mostly" because he's not a strict vegetarian. He'll eat meat sometimes, but not always. He has sensory processing disorder and most meats (no matter what kind of meat it is or how it's cooked) have too weird of a texture for him. It just feels SUPER weird in his mouth. But he'll eat a Guy's burger every dang time and looks forward to them more than just about anything else.

14 days and I'm on the Miracle and this thread has me thinking of all the fresh dishes...we've discovered it's much tastier if made fresh...like Mongolian Wok, Omelets, Blue Iguana....and I have this love for the banana pie..I can't remember exactly what it's called but it has one carmelized slice of banana on top and it is TO DIE FOR. And the huevos rancheros and the mac and cheese on sea brunch day inspire me to make sure I'm in the MDR for breakfast when they open. OMGOSH. I can't wait...lol..now I'm hungry!

Oh yes I know that banana desert!!! Mmmm! I loved the caramel they have at dinner in the lido and wished it was out at lunch

What should my “go to” food be as we will be getting on the Miracle in a few weeks? No Guy’s, no Blue Iguana. I think we may just have to have drinks instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Mr2Scents

We tend to eat a good breakfast to tie us over until dinner, which is typically in the steakhouse the first night. There's plenty of food on the ship, so no need to fight silly lines just to get a slice of pizza or a burger.

However, one of my cruise rituals is eggs benedict for Sea Day brunch along with a bloody mary.

I like a big breakfast, and I've seen a menu for brunch, can I order steak and eggs, pancakes, danish, pretty much what I want?

Yep, you can.

What should my “go to” food be as we will be getting on the Miracle in a few weeks? No Guy’s, no Blue Iguana. I think we may just have to have drinks instead.

Huh, the Miracle does seem a little "slim" when it comes to eateries...especially for Carnival. I see the Miracle DOES have Chopsticks, so if you like Asian cuisine you could try there on embark. It's open for lunch, and free.

Yep, you can.

Huh, the Miracle does seem a little "slim" when it comes to eateries...especially for Carnival. I see the Miracle DOES have Chopsticks, so if you like Asian cuisine you could try there on embark. It's open for lunch, and free.

I think Chopsticks is a great option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the poster with the Hollandaise disappointment: I've heard if you request the sauce on the side you have a better chance of it being fresh/hot.

I know the food varies in Lido, but why would the sea day brunch in the MDR be that much more special than the buffett? Just wondering why people think so, but know I am going to experience the difference when my cruise finally gets here.

I think the big difference is the atmosphere. In both settings you can get as much as you want, but in MDR brunch you order from the menu and are waited on rather than serving yourself or going through a cafeteria line. There are also some items (like the filet) that I think is only available at the brunch.

If your main goal is to be fed and move on to the next activity - and there is nothing wrong with that - then lido deck has more than enough offerings to suit. If you think you might prefer 'dining' vs eating and enjoying a slower pace with a little pampering, then brunch would be a better option.

I like a big breakfast, and I've seen a menu for brunch, can I order steak and eggs, pancakes, danish, pretty much what I want?

Absolutely! You can order any/all/multiple of what they have. We found the portions on the Pride to be large though, so it can be easy for your eyes to be bigger than your stomach. The brunch has a nice mixture of savory and sweet options.

The mysterious Chocolate Melting Cake (if it's still served...been a few years since I cruised). Mysterious? Actually, I may have stumbled on the secret behind making it by accident recently. My absolute favorite though and can't go through a cruise without having it at least twice!

:(

For the poster with the Hollandaise disappointment: I've heard if you request the sauce on the side you have a better chance of it being fresh/hot.

Got it on the side and was only tepid. Sent it back and got the same thing.

:( That's frustrating.

Just got off the Pride and was so happy to see the Bitter and Blanc back on the menu. An added surprise was the Baked Alaska. I'm not really a dessert eater but I make exceptions to these two!

Both were wonderful.....!

The mysterious Chocolate Melting Cake (if it's still served...been a few years since I cruised). Mysterious? Actually, I may have stumbled on the secret behind making it by accident recently. My absolute favorite though and can't go through a cruise without having it at least twice!

It's not THAT mysterious...they provide the recipe on the back of every informational brochure that's given to people who've completed the Behind the Fun tour. :)

Forgot about Baked Alaska. Have to go on another cruise to get it.

I hadn't seen it on a menu until recently, on the Vista. Not only was it on the menu one night, but they did a "Baked Alaska parade" that night through the MDR with 'em. :)